2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

JimAsDwight JimAsDwight I'm doing biomedical engineering at University of Florida in my sophomore year and im really busy with school and all that but I make time for my hobbies just so it's a break from all the brain work.

Everyone needs a break sometimes

Yeah I take breaks here and there but it's just hard to get into your hobby when your drowned with school work and work work, so all you want to do is rest. Hopefully I'll make time for sneakercon dc this weekend and to catch up on some Sbs I've missed recently

28 yr old instructional coach; currently in school for my ED.D. Happily cohabiting with the love of my life and our cat Prince and dog Samba. No kids!!! (for right now) Firm representer of #teamsmallfeet and #baesizes.

Oh, and We love to :smokin and watch netflix.

JimAsDwight JimAsDwight I'm doing biomedical engineering at University of Florida in my sophomore year and im really busy with school and all that but I make time for my hobbies just so it's a break from all the brain work.

Everyone needs a break sometimes

Yeah I take breaks here and there but it's just hard to get into your hobby when your drowned with school work and work work, so all you want to do is rest. Hopefully I'll make time for sneakercon dc this weekend and to catch up on some Sbs I've missed recently

I don't get much outside niketalk and eBay as far as sneakers was gonna go to sneaker con in Atlanta but did a cost breakdown of what the trip would cost and just couldn't swing it

im 26, addicted to shoes & music especially guitar. my collection mostly consists of Dunks n Kobes. Jordans caught my attention in High school due to my friends collection who introduced me to NT around 2003ish couldnt afford to buy my shoes until i got my first job around 2006, by then jordans quality was crap so wouldnt really mess with them. Fun Fact #1: favorite jordan models 1, 3, 4, 11, 12, &13s. SBs are not dead like some people like to believe its only that the hype has moved on. though quality has dropped since the earlier eras i still think 90-120 (or cheaper) is better spent on dunk quality rather then jordans overpriced cheap quality. Fun Fact #2: the MIA sbs were my first SB purchase. since then ive bought a good amount (not sure how many more then 30 though lol) of SBs, worn all and resold none! i currently live in Southern Cali where majority of the time you can wear some nice suede, nubuck, euphoria dunks (Shoutout to my SOMP peeps). last thing im working for time warner in telecommunications drafting & design.

Last edited:
Hi my name is Ryan, and I'm an addict.

I'm 29 (not looking forward to 30) and born and raised in NY.  I'm a business owner (publishing), and work from home.  My love for Mary Jane is real, cultivating for a few years now 
pimp.gif

My original interest in kicks came from basketball.  I played seriously for many years and can't believe how many pairs I owned and beat to the ground.  Old enough to have bought the first foamposite, at a time when $180 retail was unprecedented and RIDICULOUS.  I know some of the younger guys would never play in foams (plus I've heard they aren't made the same anymore), but back then they were magical.  So comfortable.  My AAU team had the blk/red Jordan 14's, original release, as our team shoe.  Such great memories.  Then I got smart, realized I wouldn't make it past college ball and started working, A LOT.  This caused my priorities to shift and I drifted away from streetwear and sneakers.

About 2 years ago I randomly saw a pair of Cheech & Chongs online for the first time.  Game over.  I'm back now but only buying SB's.  I would have probably tried to get some of the older J's and foams I had but seeing how 'the game' is now, is such a turnoff for me.  I think that's why I love SB's, and this thread so much.  Always appreciate all the help and knowledge dropped in here, truly is the best thread on NT.

All this
smokin.gif
 talk got me jonzing. Can't wait till I see some sour deez in walmart. That's when I'm opening up shop. It really kills tumors and cancer cells too.
mean.gif

Whats going on, 30 yr old Network Admin, from KC, and yes I too have a sneakers problem, sz. 13.

LL

Last edited:
27 here, recently married, two dogs, work from home and box on my free time. I have lived in Chi all my life so I grew up watching MJ. That started it all for me. 

I let go of most of my collection and am down to 50 or so pairs, all random: Nike, Jordan, Converse, Onitsuka Tiger, Puma, Creative Rec, Timberland and Cole Haan - only about 10 in my current rotation but they all get wear. Trying to move a few pairs but I always find excuses to keep them.

Mainly into AJ1s and 3s now, with the occasional 5. Love running shoes and have a few pairs of dunk highs/lows that see daylight very infrequently. I don't get too excited over sneaker releases now in days, I only buy a few pairs here and there. I find more satisfaction in spending my money on lunch/dinner or a nice bottle of wine/whiskey with my family and friends.

I don't have any SBs but I'm subscribed to the thread because I find that it's very chill and has the community feel that NT used to have; long time lurker but joined earlier this year. I'm a firm believer in wearing your shoes, I find that many SB wearers do exactly that.

Size 12.

Go Heels, Hornets, Dodgers, Vikings.

SBs/Huaraches/Jordans/90's Bball Kicks.

This is the best thread on the net.

been on here since like 09 but always lurked until the transition over

still lurked until I decided to sign up

first dunk was the santanas back in 03

becoming a fan of MF DOOM made me an SB fan

listening to MM Food made me want the SB Dooms..getting those and seeing the quality and creativity got me hooked.

now i'm like 30 pairs in.

prefer his to lows.
love the community of collectors vs jordans and other lines

Dope with all the info shared, things were getting deep.

Some of these posts made me feel like we're BFFs now.. Or how does that work? LOL.

I'm 29, getting up there in age.

21ContractorI love kicks that look good brands mean nothingGot around 30 pairs and I think Im addicted

Last edited:
Hi everyone... Strange how this all started but deff giving off a good vibe.. All u semi older cats in ya 30s just remember old is a state of mind u dudes r still cool lol and everyone with kids and families I wish u guys the best and to all the nt fam lookin for jobs and careers good luck with that!!

Good crowd in here. Young bucks and old heads getting along better than any other NT thread. I love it! I don't post too much (post count was reset when I rejoined anyway), but I mostly post here. I appreciate reading intros from many of you. Here is a quick one for me:

34 year old Account Manager - lucky enough to work from home since Sept '09. Moved to Richmond last year with my wife (8 years happily married; no kids) and our 11 year old pup. I got heavy into kicks around 2003 and burned out by 2008 - I went all in since I had a lot of disposable income! In fact, last pair of kicks I bought were ATCII Lavas back then before jumping back in this year with the Lance AJ1xSB set and it's been steady again since. Also a bedroom DJ with a nice stash of vinyl and I love craft beer as much as I love shoes (btw, so many parallels between craft beer and sneaker "communities")

I have a decent and diverse stash of kicks, but a good amount of them are SBs and other Dunks. I will take a pic and share with you all later if that's ok.

peace! :smokin

38, Dentist, 2 kids. wife,  over 200 pairs currently... lost 70  or so in a house fire 3 years ago.

i refer to myself as a sneaker enthusiast 
happy.gif
, but i've been hooked since the early 80's..

pilot plant tech at the same biotech company as SFjunglist (for about a year n a half).

older cousin got me into shoes, broke during college,  but now have the money for them (the beginning of the end).

niner fan, giants fan, and *gasp* laker fan.

This is the best thread in NT.

ps. go giants!

38, Dentist, 2 kids. wife,  over 200 pairs currently... lost 70  or so in a house fire 3 years ago.
i refer to myself as a sneaker enthusiast :D , but i've been hooked since the early 80's..

Damn we got a dentist in this joint. That's what's up. This thread is truly diverse, glad to be apart of it.

Wore these today
oeJae69.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
damn some good dudes in here,glad to see many of you are doing things with your life or trying to better yourself,

im 30 san diego (will never move ) no kids, GF and a pup , assistant manager for Enterprise/national , have always been into J's and SB's even when i was younger , huge fan of MJ and growing up here in SD skateboarding is huge so it was only natural for me to love SB's , plus they were always much easier to buy no hassle i use to enjoy hitting up my local skate shops but it seems here in SD many have gone out of business or do not sell SB's anymore which sucks. As many of you said i also hate the term sneaker head , im just a guy that loves and enjoys shoes and fashion/art , i try to wear all my kicks because for me i work to hard to just let them sit there and its more rewarding to actually throw them on to enjoy. wear your KICKS!

Im 26 work in marketing, I too love mary jane. Skunks got me into to the SB's but I don't buy much more only what I like. 

Back
Top Bottom