2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Charged 200 here if Im not mistaken, as they did with all hyped releases. Or shipped thier whole shipment to a buyer out of the area like the huxtables... no suprise they dont have an sb account anymore, only place within 100 miles with any sbs is zumiez now...

My local skate shop moved to the other side of town and I believe they’ve reduced their Nike Sb inventory.

Moda3 a local streetwear boutique still has an sb account but they don’t get high volumes of most stuff so it’s line up or miss out on better drops.

circle a in san jose has fallen off too. I wonder if they lost their sb account entirely or if it's because camping is no longer required. I love bob, but his upcharging was questionable.

I remember the Skunks dropping at one of my locals and it being a pretty hyped release. A lot of folks missed out and they were pissed. Since then that shop has closed, after struggling mainly because of SB. A lot of shops have bit the dust and a lot of shops have given up/lost their SB account along the way.

I remember the Skunks dropping at one of my locals and it being a pretty hyped release. A lot of folks missed out and they were pissed. Since then that shop has closed, after struggling mainly because of SB. A lot of shops have bit the dust and a lot of shops have given up/lost their SB account along the way.

My local spot stopped carrying SB a while back too. It sucked because they always helped me out and took care of me. I still pop in their shop to buy boards though.

I wish Nike wouldn’t allow shops to upcharge
I know it doesn’t make any sense to do that
I know if I owned a shop I would upcharge (everyone other than regulars)
The Tiff highs were $250 and the AJ1xSBs were $275 at my ex-local
I don’t understand pissing off your regulars like that though

But what do I know about business?

Nike has to allow some upcharging tho.

From my understanding Nike was bending these shops over during the SB glory days. Shops literally had to take the other sb kicks that they literally couldn’t give away. I don’t know if Nike was offering these smaller shops the same RTV options as they were with footlocker etc so it hurt a lot of shops when SBs lost their hype.

Smarter shops just cut their sb accounts others went down with the ship. There are so many shops that gained foot traffic etc when sb was in its prime just based on dunks and blazers. Shops that didn’t diversify or stuck to only skate culture usually were hit hardest.

it's probably nicky himself. this way he can take ig photos of him giving poor kids $100 bills.

Nike has to allow some upcharging tho.

From my understanding Nike was bending these shops over during the SB glory days. Shops literally had to take the other sb kicks that they literally couldn’t give away. I don’t know if Nike was offering these smaller shops the same RTV options as they were with footlocker etc so it hurt a lot of shops when SBs lost their hype.

Smarter shops just cut their sb accounts others went down with the ship. There are so many shops that gained foot traffic etc when sb was in its prime just based on dunks and blazers. Shops that didn’t diversify or stuck to only skate culture usually were hit hardest.

Active Skate Shop comes to mind.
Nike/Nike SB has a Tier System that they use for all Retailers.

If you are an independent owner or a franchisee, you are going to take L's through out a year. If anyone could just carry a quickstrike or cherry pick good looking colorways it would be great. But they (SB/NSW/Jordan account holders) gotta take on what their reps give them. That also includes taking on merch like shorts/shirts/crap that will end up on clearance in a month. That also means needing recommended/pre-approved displays and tables to get to higher tiers. When one of my old connects told me he had to buy new tables and shirt racks because the shelves weren't high enough or the shirt racks weren't the right shape for hanging shirts I was floored. But if they want more than just a size run they gotta jump through hoops. Unless you happen to be a big name shop with multiple accounts like premier, or have another revenue stream such as a skate park like SPOT, its rough out there there.

What also did not help, was Nike.com selling SBs.
We all know prior to that, Skate Shops were the only place to buy SBs.
I agree that doing so helped the Buyer that did not have a Skate Shop in their area.
But, it also made such buyers (and resellers obviously), make it more convenient to "sit around" and buy offline.
The Line ups and having to actually step into a Skate Shop, helped such Shops bring in buyers who they hoped would purchase other skate goods, etc...
Online sales helped some, and really hurt others...

83C3BD59-FE23-4E91-AB0E-C2AC9D9AB248.jpeg

If you are an independent owner or a franchisee, you are going to take L's through out a year. If anyone could just carry a quickstrike or cherry pick good looking colorways it would be great. But they (SB/NSW/Jordan account holders) gotta take on what their reps give them. That also includes taking on merch like shorts/shirts/crap that will end up on clearance in a month. That also means needing recommended/pre-approved displays and tables to get to higher tiers. When one of my old connects told me he had to buy new tables and shirt racks because the shelves weren't high enough or the shirt racks weren't the right shape for hanging shirts I was floored. But if they want more than just a size run they gotta jump through hoops. Unless you happen to be a big name shop with multiple accounts like premier, or have another revenue stream such as a skate park like SPOT, its rough out there there.
This extend to online retailers as well. Had a friend who worked at an online retailer, Nike gave them a couple months to revamp their site to showcase nike better and when they weren't satisfied they pulled their account. This was for a basic account, nothing limited.

Nicky Diamonds replied to my IG post about that eBay listing...apparently only 2 pairs of the new Diamond joints exist right now, and they're both samples...?

Back
Top Bottom