2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

rumor is they aren't gonna be a high.... :nerd:(according to various people on social media who might be in the know...)
hype levels through the roof for me. can't remember the last time i was genuinely excited about an upcoming release. and i mean in general not just SB. of course it could also be that Jeff Staple is just making an all new sb that is not pigeon inspired.. but wheres the fun in that.
If it ends up not being a high they better not put that color way on some other SB model like they’re doing with the Medicom.

unnamed.jpg

Target Run

If they are gonna bring back the Pigeon dunks, it could be make or break for the brand imo. Do it justice and people might come flocking back (even if temporarily). If it's a halfhearted attempt, it could be a final nail in the coffin.

No for the CNCPTS or upcoming staple release (at least that I know of). These are the Dunk Low Elite Medicom slated for the holiday quarter.

http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F07%2Fmedicom-toy-nike-sb-dunk-low-elite-bearbrick-1.jpg

campbells selling well had false advertising tied to it... pigeons will move though regardless of how garbage the quality may be, look at tiff highs

To go even further than my suggestion yesterday about making them an NYC exclusive...what if they did a straight retro to the tune of the Slam City Tape Box retro (24? pairs) and released only at Staple’s flagship store?

To go even further than my suggestion yesterday about making them an NYC exclusive...what if they did a straight retro to the tune of the Slam City Tape Box retro (24? pairs) and released only at Staple’s flagship store?

Reed space closed down not too long ago so that's not likely. Plus making something that hyper exclusive would just piss off everyone who is still loyal to the brand. Yes it would put all eyes back on SB even if only for a little while but I think ultimately nobody would like a release like that.

I think a release in numbers similar to the momofukus would be perfect for these considering the hype.

Haha no eyes are falling back on Nike SB (which is fine by me). For a lot of people, sneakers are beco peming a complement to the outfit now rather than revolving the fit around the sneakers (see: tiffany kid). People just don't want to style dunks with biker jeans, tapered cargos, slacks, etc. Look across fits on reddit (r/streetwear), grailed, outlets such as highsnobiety, hypebeast - you probably won't see many people wearing old dunks, new dunks, or other SB models. There's no "hypebeast starter kit" that's including dunks anymore. Ship has long sailed.

Again I think this is a good thing for people still tryna cop Nike SB. I don't give a **** if no one else likes dunks, easier and cheaper for the rest of us. Do you guys think it'd be a good thing for Nike SB released to be more hype and hectic?

Back
Top Bottom