2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Yo Pittsburgh can I cop one of the WoFs you're flipping for 180? Oh wait...... Thanks to John and others I could've copped 10 pairs at box price

Last edited:
There may be a possibility of some non-size 9 samples floating around. Anything is possible. I've never heard of them though. I've never heard of someone coming from a quarterly meeting that had samples, saying they've seen anything other than a size 9s. But hey, agree to disagree right.

In the history of this thread, there's no one that's been more helpful to the readers of this thread than 00. He puts in the leg work of calling shops all around the country to verify stock and phone order availability. The process is much more time consuming than it sounds. He does this and doesn't ask a thing in return. There are also very few people in the group of 00' and BIP that are willing to share their knowledge and experience of sneaker culture, and the mechanics of the Nike retail beast.

Can we honestly say that this guy has been genuine in his attempts to 'contribute' to the sneaker community. Both in and out of this thread? How many user names does this guy have anyway?

There may be a possibility of some non-size 9 samples floating around. Anything is possible. I've never heard of them though. I've never heard of someone coming from a quarterly meeting that had samples, saying they've seen anything other than a size 9s. But hey, agree to disagree right.

In the history of this thread, there's no one that's been more helpful to the readers of this thread than 00. He puts in the leg work of calling shops all around the country to verify stock and phone order availability. The process is much more time consuming than it sounds. He does this and doesn't ask a thing in return. There are also very few people in the group of 00' and BIP that are willing to share their knowledge and experience of sneaker culture, and the mechanics of the Nike retail beast.

Can we honestly say that this guy has been genuine in his attempts to 'contribute' to the sneaker community. Both in and out of this thread? How many user names does this guy have anyway?
word, when love is shown gotta show it back.....

Last edited:
FTR, Samples, in general, are known to exist outside size 9. Size 9 probably accounts for something like 95+% of all the samples produced, but occasionally others do get made. Anecdotally, I'd say that size 13 might be next most popular (men's) sample size - but the gap between 9s and anything else are cavernous.

I don't know as much about the Freddys as some others might, but I do believe it is possible that there are authentic pairs outside size 9. There may be a bit of a semantic issue too as far as the use of the term "sample."

...I didn't look through all the pics in the links sent around yesterday, but do the non size 9s have "sample" tagging as well?

What COULD make sense to me is that the true samples of the shoe were all size 9. That seems like the Occam's Razor answer here.

But, there's also a second version of the shoe, right? Are the non first sample run non-size 9s all fake? Maybe. I guess it could be possible too that a very small number of pairs were produced anyway and those are legit too - but that wouldn't make them samples, they'd be simply pairs intended for retail that were never released.

I like the Freddys. I thought they were a great idea. And, I've even thought about looking into buying a pair. But, I'm not completely confident in the lay of the land, so I haven't really pursued them. I'll read up on the info posted by Panda, etc. now that the bickering can be separated and see if that influences my opinion one way or another.

Last edited:
sb dunks samples i would say are 99% sz 9

sz 13 samples are for basketball shoes from what ive seen and heard

i know yeezys samples were sz12 because thats kanyes sz, you can find other sz12 samples, but mostly for basketball shoes. sb dunks dont vary much from that sample sz9. 

those look crazy, how long did they take to arrive from your order date? does anyone know how long the elephant print will available on ID or typical duration for Nike premium ID option such as this?  
Both of my ID's took 3 weeks to come in. I don't know how long the elephant print option will be up. The leather/elephant print tongue can be kind of stiff, I haven't broke in my pair yet so just FYI.

FTR, Samples, in general, are known to exist outside size 9. Size 9 probably accounts for something like 95+% of all the samples produced, but occasionally others do get made. Anecdotally, I'd say that size 13 might be next most popular (men's) sample size - but the gap between 9s and anything else are cavernous.

I don't know as much about the Freddys as some others might, but I do believe it is possible that there are authentic pairs outside size 9. There may be a bit of a semantic issue too as far as the use of the term "sample."

...I didn't look through all the pics in the links sent around yesterday, but do the non size 9s have "sample" tagging as well?

What COULD make sense to me is that the true samples of the shoe were all size 9. That seems like the Occam's Razor answer here.

But, there's also a second version of the shoe, right? Are the non first sample run non-size 9s all fake? Maybe. I guess it could be possible too that a very small number of pairs were produced anyway and those are legit too - but that wouldn't make them samples, they'd be simply pairs intended for retail that were never released.

I like the Freddys. I thought they were a great idea. And, I've even thought about looking into buying a pair. But, I'm not completely confident in the lay of the land, so I haven't really pursued them. I'll read up on the info posted by Panda, etc. now that the bickering can be separated and see if that influences my opinion one way or another.
Correct. First were sample and just size 9. Second version was actually a FSR produced in the factory for a typical QS release. Those have affixed the regular SB inner tag appropriate for their generation.

Got some quality issues with my WOFs too. Some glue stains and one if the lace holes wasn't created, not a big deal for me but good to know I wasn't the only one.

Also my BHM low gold laces fit perfectly, not short at all.

its just Pre Order rape price chill out ^ resellers know the value of these and trying to squeeze out as much juice from it

I haven't checked resale prices on the OG shanghais for a while. but wouldn't it be cheaper to buy an original pair rather than spending $350 on this "retro"?

Yeah, What is market for Shanghais now anyway? Under 300, for sure. Maybe like 225-250 or something around there?

Last edited:
kicks crew is always high, and with $40 shipping its not worth it. sometimes they do have stuff cheaper than resellers are asking, but prices are still up there. watch out for rmk usually theyll have similar prices and stock to kicks crew

Got some quality issues with my WOFs too. Some glue stains and one if the lace holes wasn't created, not a big deal for me but good to know I wasn't the only one.

Repped......can we get a few pics of the lace swap? You know, for those of us who are too lazy to do it ourselves....haha

Mine came with glue stains on the toebox [emoji]128078[/emoji][emoji]128078[/emoji][emoji]128078[/emoji]

Could you put up some pics with the gold laces? Might go on fullylaced.com to buy a pair if they look good

Could you put up some pics with the gold laces? Might go on fullylaced.com to buy a pair if they look good
i bought a pair of those jersey gold from fully laced, fedex dropping off my pair of WOFs today will post pics after work if no one has done so

Looks like the diamond collab isn't gonna be a dunk after all, but rather a blazer-esque pair that seems to take inspiration from one of the better styles they dropped last fall:

Looks like the diamond collab isn't gonna be a dunk after all, but rather a blazer-esque pair that seems to take inspiration from one of the better styles they dropped last fall:
i saw that post on nsb and thought of the DSC x Ibn Jasper "Jasper" that dropped last year. 

Was JUST now able to catch up here. My god, I died from the gifs.

John00 got it in on em tho. Well played man.

Back
Top Bottom