2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

http://news.nike.com/news/comme-des-garcons-dunk-hi

"The NikeLab Dunk Hi x COMME des GARÇONS is available February 8 exclusively at COMME des GARÇONS New York."
Yeah, they can keep em there 
laugh.gif

shoutout to @shoreguy85 for the heads-up on the black/grey IW, thanks for insisting on that they are worth a try.

they definitely are.

quality pair, suede on the toebox is soft as velvet (reminds me a bit of the suede on the toebox of the nontourages with its tiny longer hairs here and there, terry-like), on the sidepanel it is a bit rougher, but still very smooth. even the grey suede is quite nice.

nice detail with the threads in different colors on the heel

sole seems to be a tiny bit translucent. nicey.

quite a special pair, double-up candidate (if hitting discount) for the quality alone

Last edited:
Those IWs are complete trash imo.. glad ya'll like em though
when i first saw the pics, i wasnt too enthusiastic either. but now, having them in hand, feeling the materials, i am quite glad i got them.

you consider them trash because of the colorway or because of the IW-tooling?

when i first saw the pics, i wasnt too enthusiastic either. but now, having them in hand, feeling the materials, i am quite glad i got them.

you consider them trash because of the colorway or because of the IW-tooling?

Materials are typical imo... garbage suede. I held them in hand at my local and almost through them out the front door.

Materials are typical imo... garbage suede. I held them in hand at my local and almost through them out the front door.
hm.. sure there is better suede out there, pinkbox blackbox era... but compared to the standard GR suede nowadays (red/gum IWs, black/gum IWs, Seatcover Highs, ..) it is really quite nice in my book.

Last edited:
delti delti Dope pics, Rep'd. I like that tri-color stitching in the back! Straight 'M' status.

Wouldn't it be really geaat if Nike made an Alcantara version of it? Or any shoe for that matter?

Locked down a pair of Koston lows, one thing I didn't realize is they had the slim tongue. Forgive my ignorance but does that affect the sizing? I grabbed a 10 and my true size is a 10. 

I also find it curious that they used the slim tongue on these instead of the fat tongue. 

Locked down a pair of Koston lows, one thing I didn't realize is they had the slim tongue. Forgive my ignorance but does that affect the sizing? I grabbed a 10 and my true size is a 10. 

I also find it curious that they used the slim tongue on these instead of the fat tongue. 

I think koston likes the slimmed down shoe.

You should be good with a 10

Thin tongue lows were a mini phase during Blue Box era.

Got my TTS about a yr ago for really good deal  and it fit tight length wise.  couldn't wear em and had to get rid of it.  my high life fit tts though which is slim tongue so I'm wondering if that was a one off.  let us know how they fit!

Got my TTS about a yr ago for really good deal  and it fit tight length wise.  couldn't wear em and had to get rid of it.  my high life fit tts though which is slim tongue so I'm wondering if that was a one off.  let us know how they fit!
Hmm.. interesting that they fit tight. Being the slimmer tongue I would have thought they would be a bit roomier. Will do once I get them in. 

shoutout to @shoreguy85
for the heads-up on the black/grey IW, thanks for insisting on that they are worth a try.
they definitely are.

quality pair, suede on the toebox is soft as velvet (reminds me a bit of the suede on the toebox of the nontourages with its tiny longer hairs here and there, terry-like), on the sidepanel it is a bit rougher, but still very smooth. even the grey suede is quite nice.

nice detail with the threads in different colors on the heel

sole seems to be a tiny bit translucent. nicey.

quite a special pair, double-up candidate (if hitting discount) for the quality alone

I finally tried these on, and can vouch that they fit VERY differently from any previous IW's. They aren't nearly as narrow and tight. Still didn't buy them, but I'm not automatically writing them off any more haha.

Peace,
J

Back
Top Bottom