2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

They'll probably go back to the size runs that they had during the blue box era. As I've said before, I like retroing things BUT they also need to start giving us more innovative color ways and stories behind the newer dunks. There has been far too many lazy releases for SB recently.

Last edited:
i don't mind retros as long as they're not limited. it'd be nice to get a new pair of some of my early favorites, but i don't want to go through the hassle of jumping through hoops.

I don't mind retros, most it could do is devalue some of the OGs which isn't a big deal. Plus in the case of some of the older dunks (like supas for instance) even when you find them in DS condition nearly all of them have paint cracking or yellowing midsole due to age. This is a great chance to pick up a pair without those problems, not to mention cheaper(which is a plus people).

Why do people care about retros? I don't get it
I can't speak for everyone else but nostalgia plays a big part into it. Also some cws are just that good and ppl miss out on them first time around. My examples would be Nike air more uptempo. Had them in like the 3rd grade. When they retro'd this past month, I had to buy them. Brought back great memories. Other example is french blue jordan 12s. Last released back in 05 (over 10years ago) I missed out on that color first time around, not this time though.

Give me wearable retros for retail over buying someone's 15 year old used SB's all day

My Supa's cracked and I don't care about looking at them in a display case so bring on the retros!

Why do people care about retros? I don't get it

It's no secret that the days of the best SB releases have long passed. Think about the BEST releases of the last 3 years and where do they rank with your all time favorites, none of them probably crack my top 30, 40, maybe 50 and I'm talking cw or quality. i think the best thing SB can do at this point is just bring back their best stuff.

For instance off the top of my head some of my favorites of the past 3 years- Chairman Bao, Ugly Sweaters, Nasty Boys, and I don't know if I could get any into my top __

Of course I'm excluding the recent "retros" for obvious reasons. Tiff high, De La lows, 2013 Shanghais etc.

Last edited:
sb retro's is great news. my supa's have been unwareable for over a decade since I literally skated them to death when they first released.

I am all for a retro, but this cheap material stuff they use won't fly anymore-at least with me. I will hope for their best stuff on a supa.

This thread is about to turn into a **** show come release day for those retros. Glad to see tHey are bringing back some dopeness :smokin

I doubt retros will affect prices of DS OGs, the used pairs probably.... but as mentioned if the materials are bad people will still want OGs even if worn

If SB wants to bring back some excitement to the brand, this is def a way to do it

Just don't over do it.....

I doubt retros will affect prices of DS OGs, the used pairs probably.... but as mentioned if the materials are bad people will still want OGs even if worn

If SB wants to bring back some excitement to the brand, this is def a way to do it

Just don't over do it.....

Won't effect it cuz SBs is dead prices dropping with or without retros :smile:

Holding off on my opinion until RIF posts what I'm supposed to think.

laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom