2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

we trying to cure SB now? Is there a cure for being dead? :nerd:

490337_o.gif

REPPED for the execution! I'm dying laughing right now!

I would be open to SB retroing grey box or earlier color ways again. Hell, I think the way they're bringing back old colorways with the high/low conversions is great! I think the problem with SB is that they're pricing themselves out of the market with their consumer base. The DeLa Highs were dope, but the price point was WAY too much for most people into SBs. Most people said "F it, I'll wait for them to come down then I'll cop." If SB raises their prices anymore it'll only just hurt SB more. What they seem not to understand about their base is that we aren't the JB crowd, just because you put some stuff out doesn't mean we'll cop it. They also need to start reevaluating what they're releasing. How do you drop the Send Help 2s but shelf the Cobra Commander dunk highs? I've seen so many dope samples that have been scrapped for dumb *** reasons verses dunks that had been released that I knew would NEVER sale. Nike doesn't want to admit it, but having SB release on Nike.com has hurt SB sales tremendously, especially for small shops. They've literally cut into those shops customer base and they have sales WAY before most shops get a chance to even move stuff. I could go on for hours, SMH.

REPPED for the execution! I'm dying laughing right now!

I would be open to SB retroing grey box or earlier color ways again. Hell, I think the way they're bringing back old colorways with the high/low conversions is great! I think the problem with SB is that they're pricing themselves out of the market with their consumer base. The DeLa Highs were dope, but the price point was WAY too much for most people into SBs. Most people said "F it, I'll wait for them to come down then I'll cop." If SB raises their prices anymore it'll only just hurt SB more. What they seem not to understand about their base is that we aren't the JB crowd, just because you put some stuff out doesn't mean we'll cop it. They also need to start reevaluating what they're releasing. How do you drop the Send Help 2s but shelf the Cobra Commander dunk highs? I've seen so many dope samples that have been scrapped for dumb *** reasons verses dunks that had been released that I knew would NEVER sale. Nike doesn't want to admit it, but having SB release on Nike.com has hurt SB sales tremendously, especially for small shops. They've literally cut into those shops customer base and they have sales WAY before most shops get a chance to even move stuff. I could go on for hours, SMH.
my thoughts man... nike doesn't seem to grasp the SB crowd, they think we fall into hype... honestly id be happy with them cutting back on number of releases and upgrading the materials on em

Last edited:
I'm ok with 1 or 2 quality releases a month (including QSs) make the releases a little more special..... I really don't get why they flood it the way they have been

Almost none of the kids at my local buy dunks.... they cost too much when they can have Vans or Huf or  Converse at nearly half the price

about half WOULD skate dunks, but at $100 a pop they aren't about that life.... skate shoes don't last long enough for them to drop that kind of coin

Usually the ones that like dunks will scoop on disco..... 90% of the dunks sold through the shops are to non skaters.... and they are usually wearing J's or runners when they buy them (from what I've seen)

On a lighter note I got my moto helmets. These are sweet. Leather is a lot better than it looks in pictures and the swoosh is awesome.

In 2012 and I'm pretty sure earlier, there was one qs per month and a few gr. now there's 2 qs every couple weeks, and many gr, the lines between the two getting blurrier. Qs end up sitting and end up in outlets.
Good for fans (accessibility wise) but bad for image--sb used to be golden, but now with all the cheap material and workmanship, they are worse than many JB releases.
What used to be so great to cop because you felt you had something very few had, has now become hash wall specials.
It's sad really to see a great brand become, well, just another shoe company.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be fine if they were to retro the first series or the second series, but maybe make the "Nike" tongue tag say "Nike SB" like current dunks, something small to differentiate them. Or it would be cool to see the highs made as lows and vice versa.

I saw Salt Stains for the first time at the Outlet on Labor Day, well done shoe in person. Would be even nicer lows. Paparazzis as well were at the Outlet which were interesting. Didn't bite for $49 after disco. Laser Crimson lows were nice but only sizes were too small, they would have been $32 after the sale was applied. Saw a stack of Disposables for basically $20 and change after the sale as well. That doesn't include Central Parks or Dazzle highs, which both would have been out the door for $50 or less. Point being, it is too easy to get Dunks for less than retail. Even without the sale they were all decently less than retail. The repeat buyer is going to wait. The resellers aren't trying to go out of their way to backdoor them, skateshops sit on them or flip them for a small gain. I wonder what some of these accounts would do if they did not have an online store? I personally am fine with hash wall specials but at the end of the day I would prefer quality over quantity.

Last edited:
It won't be until the dunk unseats the janoski to become #1 seller again that the SB brand will make any drastic changes to direction of the model.

Last edited:
meh just make Jordan 1 SB's like the Trainers back in the day

here and there but not monthly

I've never understood why people want things to be so exclusive, so what you have some '14 AJ1 SB's, great it won't take away from people looking at your feet if they make more in 2015, 2016, 2017

Last edited:
Those new black/reds with cement look way better than the previous black/reds. Kind of regret buying the previous ones now.

Back
Top Bottom