2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Yeah I wanted to get my armchair activist on when I read about the Dubai/Africa dunks but who was I kidding, Nike isn't a saint when it comes to human rights or slave labor, so it was a moot.
Come on, you know the rule, as long as the company offers low prices to American consumers it's not slave labor, it's considered discounted

Come on, you know the rule, as long as the company offers low prices to American consumers it's not slave labor, it's considered discounted
No. The rules is that if Americans dont exploit their own country and resources (or any other white country's) its not slavery.
They made this rule when they decided to keep the Canadian border open

White people are so evil

History summed up in one sentence. But that is a discussion for a different thread

Last edited:
At first it was a surprising coincidence that they didnt have any immunities to eastern diseases. But then it became the first instance of germ warfare. A lot of it was done on purpose!
Well they got the N7 series so not sure who came out ahead.  A Dubai themed SB could be a wear removable print of the World Islands and underneath are naked women and men in shackles.

Thoughts?

Reminds me of BHMs. These should've been the Black Firecrackers...

Last edited:
Thoughts?

I don't mind the shoe, looks pretty good, but looks too much like the BHM for me to cop in my opinion. I hope the laces aren't that yellow, or else it would be even closer. Nice shoe, but since I have the BHMs, I would def pass.

I knew all thos things about dubai. I didnt say it was a paradise now. Just a beautiful city.

As for statistics on Africa I pay them no mind. America has been trying to slander them for ages. Like a dude reallt ****** a monkey...

Pass on those wtd highs :x

Not trying to continue the thread derailment, but that has never been the predominant theory behind the disease jumping species. I mean, people say that crap, but you have to remember how stupid most people are. ....That said, humans have been known to have sex with animals all throughout history - not necessarily in high number, but it happens.

Now, onto the important stuff -

Question #1: We've seen Nike SB do a City pack, if they were to do another one what cities would you want them to make a SB for and why?

I'm not a skater, but I would think it would have to do with important milestones, figures, and advents within the global skate community.

Question #2: In your opinion what's more annoying, a raving hype beast or a crusty old OG collector that has an extreme sense of entitlement? Why?

Since some may accuse me of being the latter, I'll go with the former. FTR, I cop to being bitter, but not "entitled." The problem with the HBs - old and young - is that they screw it up for everybody. While the crabby old head might annoy you, he doesn't actually affect the hobby in any measurable way - he's a nuisance, not a threat. He's not drastically redrawing the pricing structure of the hobby, he's just talking too loud. Personally, I'd never say, kids should have to answer questions before buying shoes, or you shouldn't have a pair of OG1s if you aren't, XYZ. That's idiotic. I just say, you should do what you're doing because you love doing it, and that's it.

Question #3: If you could go back in time and give yourself ONE tip when you starting collecting sneakers/SB, what would it be and why?

Going way back, I'd say, beat your baseball cards like your kicks, and care for your kicks like you do your baseball cards. But, if I cut myself off at when I first started buying kicks knowing I'm a "collector" and not just a guy buying kicks, I'd say what I think a lot of people would - quality over quantity.

Question #4: What is one sneaker that you were SUPER excited to see release, but once you got them in hand you were disappointed with? Why?

I'm disappointed in just about everything I buy, even though I love it. For me, the process is as important as the outcome. Finding something you've looked for for ages, nabbing an unbelievable deal. Everything is always more necessary when you don't have it - so you build something up in your mind, but when you finally attain it, you realize it's just another shoe.

Last edited:
I like those red toe suede lows, but since I have the BHM I'll pass. Not too creative on their part though.

My local called me today asked if I was interested in the FTCs. Said no I'm good, just not feeling em. Asked about the Firecrackers said there'll be lots of demand for em but he'll see if he can help me out.

On another note I need to cop the un-Stussy highs soon. Seen a pic with the pink lace swap and they look fuego!

Okay, as much as I love a political discussion, let's keep that to the PMs my dudes.
nthat.gif

" Thought to be a “What the Dunk High” when first look images hit the net back in November last year, today brings a new look at this Nike SB Dunk High for Tyler Eklund. Reported to be designed for Tyler Eklund who was in a snowboarding accident in 2007 that left him paralyzed from the neck down. The shoes take on a while combination of materials and colors on the upper as well as Nike SB Tyler Eklund tongue tags. "

A lot going on with with shoe.....
Dope concept. All I need is the release date.
Thoughts?

Exactly. Material looks decent though.

Thoughts?

"Following the extremely limited F&F pairs that have gotten the ‘Bring Back’ treatment for 2013, Undefeated released a Dunk High NL to retail in 2005 that can be seen to foreshadow a period of bold new colorway expressions. UNDFTD has yet to contribute to an SB collab, but here’s aNike SB Dunk High  sample that has a bit of overlap with the NLs thanks to its mix of brown, aqua and a Cotton Candy-ish pink. It appears these could have been a collaboration in their own right, given the unexplained logo on the tongue tag. Let us know if you recognize the insignia, and if you would have purchased these had they hit retail."

Back
Top Bottom