2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Not a Dunk but...

Ok I have a question and just wanted to see what everyone thinks:

If you have a Grail, then are able to buy/purchase/obtain them, do you move on to a New Grail(s)?
I ask because I've had many "grails" in my hands, and for whatever reason, I have let them slip away...
I agree with what mints said below...rather than just being a personal favorite or shoes I like a lot, to me, grails are shoes that you'll never come across due to the rarity of the shoe and/or cost. Personally, my grails would be something like the Eminem/Encore 4's or Air Mags. Those are pretty much unobtainable unless you throw crazy money out there lol.

For me the pairs I consider actual grails are shoes that for some reason or another I'll never own.

Last edited:
skunks are my grail, i was so close to getting a pair at my local but i had to take the bus and i was to late. Im gonna get a fresh DS pair one day lol

Nice pickup @MissMyMoney my sb grails would be skunks I just love the suede on them and the way the green and pure swoosh are so nice

Ok I have a question and just wanted to see what everyone thinks:

If you have a Grail, then are able to buy/purchase/obtain them, do you move on to a New Grail(s)?
I ask because I've had many "grails" in my hands, and for whatever reason, I have let them slip away...Bills, Trades, etc...
I then end up having to try and get them again, and when I do, usually double or triple the price, I am satisfied for a very short time, and then I get anxious to find another Grail....Why am I not satisfied?! Remember I'm in my 40's and probably doing this longer than most of you.

Just asking if anyone else feels this way, or is it just me?
I don't get new grails. They just become less important bc now I have them.

Grails:

All supremes
HomerSimpsons
Bucks
Londons
Tokyos
Shanghais (original)

Off the top of my head

Today, since my job is closed tomorrow! Love those 3-day weekends

36MIGA5.jpg

My 'grail' for SB is the skunks, only because I can't see myself dropping that type of cash on a pair of sneakers. Always looking for a used pair for the good price.

Also, I hate the word 'grail' so often misused in the culture.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well those Cigars went fast, hopefully someone from here got them.  Still wishing they were my size, been looking for a long time...

If I can't find a pair of the Fully Laced pair then I'll give these a try. I've never used them before, how do they compare to SB laces? Do they have the same shape and thickness? Repped for the link.

Fully laced are disgusting... If I'm able to get the desired lace color from rastaclat IMA go that way. I have pairs from both and I can tell you that thickness wise there about the same if not more thick with rastaclats laces... What's different between the two is the width of the laces, here's what homie didn't say... Though fully laced may have "wider laces" all that width isn't filled with actual stuffing in em. The equivalence of buying a bag of chips opening the bag only to realize its about 30% full of chips. Though rastaclat laces may be thinner (width wise) they actually fill the bag of chips :wink: if u own some older SBs from like the black box era and compare the laces from then to the laces we get now you'll see that they aren't as "wide" the stuffing in the laces is more compressed. The rastaclats are the same. Its like a retro version of the black box laces :tongue: and fully laced is a knock off version of the new Nike SB laces XD anyways hope it helps some people out

Great responses/feedback to my Question(s).

I just wanted to confirm that I AM CRAZY...

A Crazy Old Man...who LOVES Sneaks and can't get enough of them!

For me a grail is something that I just can't afford, and isn't easy to obtain....and if I got them I would VERY rarely ever wear because I love the shoe so much.

Personally my "grail" isn't a SB, it's a pair of low-top AF1 all White with the bubble swoosh & gum bottom. Unless Nike decides to retro them (which is kinda possible) I'm never getting them.

After that there's SB's that I really want...but not "grails", I'm just not willing to jump for them.

Born In The USA's (how ironic cosidering the time this comes up)

Unkles

N.E.R.D.'s (I don't believe these are as obtainable was the other 2 tho...I don't see them on ebay or FC often)

...as much as I love kicks, I just don't see myself spending 500+ for some. Then again, I might for my grail.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom