2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

beyondstore.fi

GO! 
roll.gif

I see what you're saying, but at the same time this is the PERFECT time to bring stuff like that back, those of us that grew up in that era are getting to the points in our life where we're finding ourselves in decent financial positions and able to spend whatever on treats to ourselves. Nike and BS were genius in trying to mine that at the same time that you've got Supreme mining another facet from that era with their Phade designed shirts. Just reminiscing over stuff from that era I ended up buying a Coca Cola rugby (which is probably showing my age here) and has me looking for Benetton shirts too.

I don't think I'd have gone for these because even though I was into the music, the other aspects of hip hop from that era still seem like something from a foreign land to me.

I'm guessing you know that Coca Cola is where Tommy Hilfiger got his start designing.

So has nike confirmed this? And with these rumors prices have gone up on ebay. So some advice. Guy wants 475 shipped for a 9.5 think they are worth that much??

This is not the kind of advice you will receive here.

U guys think the prices are just going to go up from here? I would like these from a collector stand point

Yes, because for $500 this is the best thing you could buy "from a collector's standpoint." Indulge us a bit, what other items do you own that qualify as such refined collectors' pieces?

Lol I just want to know if I'm over paying at 475 lol

Don't ask us to justify your beasting - do your own dirty work.

...And, I'm done

I just sold 2 9.5s for 550.00 each these are going to keep going up 8) 8)

I'm actually betting that they won't. I think this is a bubble created by incomplete info and people are just acting out of impulse. I'd also guess that there are actually more of these that made it out there than most people who are buying them think there are. I think a lot of people who bought these for mega bucks are going to look back at this shoe in a few months and be like, "what the hell am I doing." I also think they'll be one of those shoes that sits up in places like FC listed for high prices, but almost never actually moves. There are number of shoes like that - allegedly valuable, but when you try to sell them, you can't actually find a buyer.

It is a factor, but it's also a silver box release so there's going to be a fan base just because of the era it came out in. I was never a big fan, of the beer or the shoes.

The shoes > chewing the gum stuck to the soles of the shoes > the beer.

josalt.gif
      Look at all these salty people that didnt get a pair of Black Sheep Dunks saying they garbage..Yall just mad

Clearly I'm upset that I don't have a pair of those monstrosities. I guess I'll just never know what it feels like to have "heat."

bip roberts bip roberts I didn't know that until some point in the fairly recent past, like maybe early 2000s or something when I was reading some article about his rise in the fashion world. Wasn't really that INTO the trends when I grew up, but now I delve a bit deeper to get a bit more understanding how some of the trends I did get behind got started/who was behind them.

I just remember wanting one because my older siblings had them, and by the time I was big enough for anything like that the rugby craze from the mid 80s was long gone.

bip roberts bip roberts I didn't know that until some point in the fairly recent past, like maybe early 2000s or something when I was reading some article about his rise in the fashion world. Wasn't really that INTO the trends when I grew up, but now I delve a bit deeper to get a bit more understanding how some of the trends I did get behind got started/who was behind them.

I just remember wanting one because my older siblings had them, and by the time I was big enough for anything like that the rugby craze from the mid 80s was long gone.
I've been looking for a coca cola rugby for years. Finding an equivalent to a modern 2x is impossible

Just read on a random ig post that the person supposedly walked Into bs yesterday and questioned the accusations and was able to purchase the In store only pack...

Don't know how true this is, but if true and this person ain't anyone special, bs was trying to move them shoes like weight..

Just read on a random ig post that the person supposedly walked Into bs yesterday and questioned the accusations and was able to purchase the In store only pack...

Don't know how true this is, but if true and this person ain't anyone special, bs was trying to move them shoes like weight..
I emailed them this morning and they said all pairs that aren't already sold have been returned, so it did sound like they sold them.

I understand we all have our own tastes, likes & dislikes but some of the BS bashing is just redundant.

You don't like it? Cool beans just keep it pushing, some of us actually do & were excited for the full reveal.

I think Dino Jrs are horrendous and can't understand what ppl see in them & seem to pay to $250+ for them but hey It's their money & their choice.

Gotcha.

Coca Cola made some pretty decent long bills too. Even a few dope sweaters. I'd rock this set

I've been looking for a coca cola rugby for years. Finding an equivalent to a modern 2x is impossible

It can be tough to find big sizes in stuff like that. And, when it comes to those kinds of items, size and condition are the chief determinants of price. On a desired vintage item (not Coca Cola, but say a P-wing sweater or something) the difference in price between a S and an XL can literally be hundreds of dollars.

I understand we all have our own tastes, likes & dislikes but some of the BS bashing is just redundant.

You don't like it? Cool beans just keep it pushing, some of us actually do & were excited for the full reveal.

I think Dino Jrs are horrendous and can't understand what ppl see in them & seem to pay to $250+ for them but hey It's their money & their choice.

I think most people who didn't like it were basically just voicing their opinion in a casual, non-pointed way and keeping it moving.

I think it turned when people started accusing people who didn't like the shoe of being salty or haters or whatever.

So, what you said applies on both sides. If you like the shoe, that's great. You can keep it moving too.

I'm not coming at anybody simply for liking the shoe and being upset it was scrapped. I'm coming at people who didn't like it UNTIL THEY HEARD IT WAS SCRAPPED.

Very important difference there.

Its a Shame this happened because I genuinely wanted the BS! Chalk it up as a lost cause. I'm happy with what I have and the LM was a triumph in itself. Even bought a pair of SOMP'S that'll be here tmrw.

Gotcha.

Coca Cola made some pretty decent long bills too. Even a few dope sweaters. I'd rock this set

It can be tough to find big sizes in stuff like that. And, when it comes to those kinds of items, size and condition are the chief determinants of price. On a desired vintage item (not Coca Cola, but say a P-wing sweater or something) the difference in price between a S and an XL can literally be hundreds of dollars.

It doesn't help that sizing has changed considerably over the years. I find it helps to disregard whatever size is on the tag and go with specific measurements.

On those BS the only thing that's irking me is the people whose opinion of the shoe still hasn't changed, but they want one now, not even to wear just to show off that they can get a shoe that's been scrapped. Like I said earlier the only scrapped SB (that I know of) that I really want a crack at is the Heaven's Gate high, and out of all the stuff Nike has toyed with and shelved before releasing, the only other pair I can think of that I wanted was that McFly themed Hypermax, I still regret not ordering it when it was on presale from a few reputable Asian sites.

It kills me everytime I see a nice vintage piece for cheap and all they have is extra medium or a run dmc sweatshirt in my size for $500
These bs dunks are as close as I'm gonna get to vintage unless I turn manorexic to fit this stuff

You're rustled that people keep calling the BS dunks trash? Dey trash B.

Just like it's your prerogative to like that trash, it's someone else's prerogative to call that trash trash.

Hey I call the tiff highs garbage and a weak shoe but other people still drool over em. No reason to get jimmies rustled man :lol:

Back
Top Bottom