2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Really?
laugh.gif
 Sooooo,,,,,why was Heineken able to put that cease and desist down and get Nike SB to pull them from shelves in the same fashion that they're pulling BS collab from shelves?
lol repped. can't see how the shoe used a "generic star & cw" when it's pretty obvious what they were going for

Really? :lol:  Sooooo,,,,,why was Heineken able to put that cease and desist down and get Nike SB to pull them from shelves in the same fashion that they're pulling BS collab from shelves? C'mon brah.

Hell look at the Heaven's Gate dunk, they pulled that one over the threat of bad press and insensitivity. Not like those guys were going to be suing.

Above is an example of Nike allowing something to go into production while somewhat knowing that there could be legal ramifications.  

I don't think that this is some marketing stunt by Nike or BS. It is what it is, a RTV because Gucci or Island Records is on that *** about this drop. More than likely it's Gucci because that's what held the "RESN" from dropping for so long. Some of ya'll need to let it go. All the signs point to this being recalled. Shops outside of BS dropping them before BS drops them themselves. Shops getting rid of them with the quickness and not really saying anything about it.
The difference is that the Heinekens used a generic star and a colorway. The BS sb's are using Gucci's exact monogram, just with the letters changed. Justifying a star is much easier than justifying a monogram. 
You want a better example? Freddy's.

The difference is that the Heinekens used a generic star and a colorway. The BS sb's are using Gucci's exact monogram, just with the letters changed. Justifying a star is much easier than justifying a monogram. 

Really? :lol:  Sooooo,,,,,why was Heineken able to put that cease and desist down and get Nike SB to pull them from shelves in the same fashion that they're pulling BS collab from shelves? C'mon brah.

was lucky past weekend and won the raffle at undefeated in LV for a LM in black.    they seem to have a lot of other dunks available, if anyone is looking for something, worth stopping by to checkout imo.  nothing too limited though.. but yeah. 

Really?
laugh.gif
 Sooooo,,,,,why was Heineken able to put that cease and desist down and get Nike SB to pull them from shelves in the same fashion that they're pulling BS collab from shelves? C'mon brah.
'Brah' it's a discussion not an argument. No need for emoji's. But you make a good point. Nike should have learned their lesson in 2003. They definitely did NOT make the same 'mistake' 11 years later.

Last edited:

Above is an example of Nike allowing something to go into production while somewhat knowing that there could be legal ramifications. I could throw a couple more dunks up there as well.  

I don't think that this is some marketing stunt by Nike or BS. It is what it is, a RTV because Gucci or Island Records is on that *** about this drop. More than likely it's Gucci because that's what held the "RESN" from dropping for so long, but it could be Island records too because BS in their hype building fail put the shoe in line with shoes that had been signed off by musical artist to go into production. Some of ya'll need to let it go. All the signs point to this being recalled. Shops outside of BS dropping them before BS drops them themselves. Shops getting rid of them with the quickness and not really saying anything about it.
And that's pretty much the bottom line...there's no damn way skate shops across the country are ALL sending back their shipment for some marketing ploy or to hype anything up.

And that's pretty much the bottom line...there's no damn way skate shops across the country are ALL sending back their shipment for some marketing ploy or to hype anything up.
what im trying to say is that it is EXPOSURE. both for Black Sheep and Nike SB. It isn't specific for this shoe. It's just another example of bad publicity being good publicity. It got everyone's attention didn't it? Nike know what they're doing. Everything they do, from providing influencer's with particular shoes at a particular time to scrapping shoes just before release...everything is part of the plan. 

Won't be surprised when some GR joint drops that's got the same color blocking as the BS (initials not coincedental) just missing the detailing and I'm betting it sells like pancakes in a whorehouse.

'Brah' it's a discussion not an argument. No need for emoji's. But you make a good point. Nike should have learned their lesson in 2003. They definitely did NOT make the same 'mistake' 11 years later.
I WAS just having a discussion. I didn't know emoji's would get in your feels. It isn't even that serious.

what im trying to say is that it is EXPOSURE. both for Black Sheep and Nike SB. It isn't specific for this shoe. It's just another example of bad publicity being good publicity. It got everyone's attention didn't it? Nike know what they're doing. Everything they do, from providing influencer's with particular shoes at a particular time to scrapping shoes just before release...everything is part of the plan. 
I don't think this has to do with exposure. Hello, SB is just coming off a LONG awaited collab with JB. THAT WAS EXPOSURE. Scrapping a horrid excuse for a collab because of legal issues isn't exposure. Of course ANYTHING with hype these days (mostly because of the resell aspect) will get attention, that's a given in this social media driven age.

Won't be surprised when some GR joint drops that's got the same color blocking as the BS (initials not coincedental) just missing the detailing
Repped. THIS is something that I could see happening. They did this with the Jason SB. Take a couple of things off the dunk to get them cleared, and then drop them.

Baffles me how there's a legal snafu weeks before the release. Nike's legal team didn't advise them to copyright infringement during the design process. This was over a year in the making.

Didn't something similar happen on the last Brooklyn Projects collab?
Dom lied about a similar situation to BS happening with the WOF. It wasn't real though, he was just making it up to sell his hideous in-store version.

Baffles me how there's a legal snafu weeks before the release. Nike's legal team didn't advise them to copyright infringement during the design process. This was over a year in the making.
Not the first time it's happened and if history is any indicator won't be the last.

I know, but it screams reckless and careless on both parties for this to happen at the juncture it did.

Just talked to shred shed.....

They were told to refuse delivery.....

mean.gif

I wonder if BlackSheep will get the opportunity to do a collabo in the future with Nike SB?!

Back
Top Bottom