2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

So we gonna act like NY didn't just drop some info about Foams though ? Repped! What's the name of that blog though?
LOL thanks John00. 

It's just a small little personal thing about my interests from the "Average guys" POV, nothing too special. If you want to check it out though it's

http://corruptsoles.wordpress.com/ 
smile.gif

Last edited:
I love the "Nike SB" on there; it always reminds me of the OG Jordan 1s (as I'm sure it does a lot of people as well), and that is a great thing, imo. But at the same time, I still like the shoe, with or without the "BP" on the tongue. Has there been any word that the QS release is going to have the "Nike SB" tag instead? I'd prefer the "Nike SB", but either way is fine with me.

Bp said the special tongue tag is on their release only. Along with a special insole and different colored swoosh. And it will come with a free t shirt.

Looks like I'm going to have to catching up to do reading in this thread. ...Did I miss a hip hop discussion?

(anybody know what my avatar is?)

^dudes were talkin bout GKMC.. Gangster and a gentleman.. And some jay stuff

Yeah that was pretty random if you ask me. I'm glad nobody confronted those guys because the overall tone in here is friendly and informational. Let's not turn into the JB thread. I love this thread. :smokin

Yeah that was pretty random if you ask me. I'm glad nobody confronted those guys because the overall tone in here is friendly and informational. Let's not turn into the JB thread. I love this thread.
smokin.gif
No confronting, only semi-confronting... Admittedly, I have posted a few off-topic comments, and I apologize for that. I understand this is supposed to be an SB Dunk thread, and I'll be more respectful of that in the future. As far as asking non-SB related questions, I felt, rightly so, that my questions would be answered quickly and in a respectful way if I posted in here. But still, I get it, and will cool out with the off-topic stuff. Sorry guys!

On another note, I just bought these joints from a guy off eBay for $90 shipped. What do u guys think? Should I have asked for a lower price? As I mentioned earlier, I'm just now getting back in to the SB Dunk "game", and am not as knowledgeable on the value-side of things, at least not as much as with Retro Js. 

I should've came here first and asked you guys, not sure what I was thinking... Also, was able to score another size 11 in the McRads for $110 before shipping from Fishbone Apparel. Such a dope shoe... Well, I haven't ordered them yet, but the sales clerk put 'em on hold until they are able to do phone orders on Monday. She said she wasn't able to do phone orders because she didn't know how much to charge for shipping, and the guy who knows that stuff will be in on Monday. So, if you guys are trying to do phone orders with Fishbone and they say they can't do phone orders til Monday, make sure to ask them to hold the pair for you, which they shouldn't have a problem doing. Maybe the girl who I spoke with just doesn't know what she's talking about, and someone else will be able to place the order for you today. I was hoping to be able to score a pair of When Pigs Fly at retail, but there was only a 7.5 left. They had said on their Instagram that they had sold out of the 10.5, but I still wanted to try, in case they might've missed a pair somewhere... so mad I missed that shoe, again, at retail... congrats to anyone else who might've scored a pair. 

Looks like I'm going to have to catching up to do reading in this thread. ...Did I miss a hip hop discussion?

(anybody know what my avatar is?)
No clue, but is your old avatar a pic of Cormega in a Christmas sweater????? WTF. Mega is the GOD. Sorry, sorry, I know, "off-topic". But Mega must be acknowledged,

ALWAYS.

What kind of material is that on the back of the Birch's? Like a ripstop/nylon type material? I had no idea the Birch's were that fuzzy nubuck-type material until seeing those Primitive pics... pretty dope...

That's why we all wanted them lol. Everybody knew they'd be slept on and eventually end up on sale.

Hahaha damn near choked from laughter fam! If it's not one shoe, it's another. Thank god my Charcoals came. My eBay cop came as well along with Sequoias and the outlet Deep Royals. Pickup pics tomorrow I promise.
laugh.gif

Sounds like we have similar taste my dude! That Styles album was a banger. I honestly didn't see him dropping that caliber of material on a solo joint even though I've always been a LOX fan. One thing to do it as a group, another thing to drop what to me is a classic LP. Just a shame it never got the promo it deserved.

I had to stop myself earlier as I knew I would've kept naming album after album. Nas > Jay to me so it took me a while to give Blueprint love, lol. I think Hard Knock Life Vol. 2 is slept on tho. Probably the Jay album I listen to the most nowadays.
It was. I still bump money,cash,****
laugh.gif
Hahaha damn near choked from laughter fam! If it's not one shoe, it's another. Thank god my Charcoals came. My eBay cop came as well along with Sequoias and the outlet Deep Royals. Pickup pics tomorrow I promise.
laugh.gif

Sounds like we have similar taste my dude! That Styles album was a banger. I honestly didn't see him dropping that caliber of material on a solo joint even though I've always been a LOX fan. One thing to do it as a group, another thing to drop what to me is a classic LP. Just a shame it never got the promo it deserved.

I had to stop myself earlier as I knew I would've kept naming album after album. Nas > Jay to me so it took me a while to give Blueprint love, lol. I think Hard Knock Life Vol. 2 is slept on tho. Probably the Jay album I listen to the most nowadays.
What's sad about that Styles album was there were a few songs on there I definitely could've seen having legs on the radio, but I think Jada was popping off so heavily at that time, Styles kinda got pushed to the back-burner. I was always a LOX fan (even bigger Jada fan), but that album really made me see Styles as more than a Tito to Jada's MJ. Jay's Vol. 2 is a great album, but it's probably one of my least favorites. I don't know, I go through phases; sometimes I like listening to his pre-Dynasty stuff, other times it's the stuff after that. Right now, I'm more into his post-Blueprint stuff, but I still love the older stuff too. I think Vol. 3 was the one that was slept on... Production wise, that album was SERIOUS (Dr. Dre executive produced the whole album, which probably had something to do with the fact it sounded so great and had a cohesive feel to it), and lyrically, u know what to expect from Jay. That album has one of my favorite Jay-Z songs of all-time, "There's Been a Murder". That song, in every facet, is just too much. That beat is bananas... And lyrically, Jay is on some other ****. That's one of the few songs I'd play for someone if I wanted to show them how lyrical he truly is. When I first started listening to hip-hop heavily, I was about as anti-Jay-Z as you could get; anything that was about "flossing" or what I considered "mainstream", I wasn't trying to hear it at all. Up to that point, the only Jay-Z song I had really heard, and liked, was "Ain't No *****" from the Nutty Professor soundtrack (I think that was what it was on), and that was when I was in grade school (I got into hip hop EARLY - "White Lines" playing in my Aunt's tape deck when in the 2nd grade is my first memory of hearing a rap song and thinking "what is THAT???"), at a time where I could recite all the lyrics to my favorite rap songs, but had zero idea what they were even saying... lol. But one day, my older brother suggested I listen to Reasonable Doubt, so I gave it a chance; after giving it a spin, it was over. That whole situation actually really taught me a lot about life, in that it taught me not to hate on things or judge things before giving it a chance. I was still young when I first heard Reasonable Doubt (15, I think), but that was kinda one of the first steps to me becoming a self-aware man. Music is deep, man... lol. But yeah, after hearing that album, it was a wrap from there. When Hov and Nas finally clashed, it was a sad, sad day... It sucks they waited so long to squash it; both are still ill, but all the songs they've done together since then haven't been as amazing as I hoped it would be. Imho, they both have fallen off a tiny bit lyrically, and it would've been amazing if they could've worked together in their prime's... That being said, even after falling off a tiny bit, they're still both iller than 99% of what's out there. But to hardcore fans, u notice that 1% difference. Or at least I do. Maybe some will disagree. Even Eminem has fallen off a bit, imo. People thought he was so ill on Recovery, but to me, it sounded like he was trying a little too hard with his multis... Compare that to "Encore" 'Em; while that album had some ridiculous cuts on there (Big Weenie, *** Like That, etc.), when he was blacking out, he was BLACKING OUT, with that fluid, out of control-but-dialed-in flow, and the crazy metaphors and schemes. That's an under-appreciated album, to me at least. Still, it's the same with Em as with Nas and Hov; his almost-best is better than everyone else's best. Ok, it's happening again... Must...stop...typing... lol. Yeah, we do seem to have similar tastes in music. Great minds think alike! Peace
nthat.gif

We need an SB thread: music edition.  I can't be bothered to deal with that circus in General
laugh.gif
  Only thread I can stomach there is the Fitness thread.  Some of those dudes have way too much time on their hands.

In a reversal of your question, how do Kobe 8s fit? I've never copped a Kobe, period, until I recently bought the Easter 8s from someone on eBay. Actually, I did buy a pair of 6s, but I returned them because I didn't like how tight the shoe fit. I didn't walk around in them for an extended period though, just around the house for a few steps, which is NOT the same as walking around on concrete (which I happen to do a lot of). I now realize that it's highly likely that the shoe would've "molded" to my foot, minimizing the tightness I felt initially. Is that the case with the Kobe 8? Actually, that Kobe 8 is the first non-Retro basketball shoe I've purchased since the Jordan 15... As you can see, I'm NOT a fan of the modern sneaker, for the most part. But at the same time, if that shoe comes along that I'm really feeling, I'm going to cop it. And that Easter colorway was one of the illest CWs I've seen in a LONG time, which negated the shape of the Kobe 8. I can't answer your question about the how the Lows fit, since I haven't worn an SB Low in the past several years...
i heard the easters fit tighter than the other kb8s, however the kb8 fits like the kb6. i recommend you do break in your bball shoes because most insoles do depress and leave more room for your foot. if they're unbearable, go up .5 or a whole size

Last edited:
Bp said the special tongue tag is on their release only. Along with a special insole and different colored swoosh. And it will come with a free t shirt.
It will probably also get marked up another $50-75 if its like the other store exclusives (Concepts, Premiers, SPoT)

Just gonna wait for other skateshops to get the QS and buy it at box price
happy.gif

sorry for the newb question but how do sb's fit? LOL.. looking to buy my first sb's... thanks guys.

Back
Top Bottom