2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

I never understood the difficulty of copping jordans. It must be your location because a lot of releases I go to locals later in the day and find pairs sitting there,

Here they seem to sell out of the back door at a lot of shops, or they want to charge over box so you can reserve it, or they want to tack on the terrible matching clothing that comes with releases on as a must buy in order to let you get it. Then you've got the added bonus of wearing the same shoe that everyone and their mother has that weekend, and people STILL want to try to barter for your shoes if you're wearing something that's more than 2 or 3 releases old. It's gotten to the point where I don't feel comfortable going out in my Jordans because I'm going to have to talk to people not about the shoe, but about why I don't want to sell it, and why I don't want to buy whatever shoe they're selling. I went out to the mall to pick up some stuff during ASG weekend and everywhere I went all I saw were the White/Infrared 6 and the all Infrared 6 with matching gear. Go on craigslist and local Facebook groups now and all you see is people selling SLIGHTLY USED pairs at what would normally be resale DS prices.

For a while I was trying to get at least 1 pair from all of the Jordans 1-14 (I never liked the later releases) and I was plugging away at that until the Concords came out and that's when I basically stopped buying Jordans all together. I've only picked up 5 pairs since then, all from europe/outlets.

Hands down the worst thing about living where I live is that I like Asics, Saucony, New Balance and all of that stuff, but we don't have any shops really stocking the good stuff all that often, so I always end up buying from Europe or shops on the East Coast, so the buyers from my local shops never really get that I'm into those brands too and they'd probably at least sell a size run if they started bringing them in.

Last edited:
Out of the 10 pair of Js I currently have in my closet only 2 were bought in store and that was cause I woke up late on release day. The other 8 were online ndc cops. Now with the Petoskey high and Diamond high. They were nowhere near as easy as my jordan cops. I actually struck out online with the petoskeys and had to go to my local skateshop (luckily I was the first there for em).

Been hunting for DS Mosquitos in size 11.5/12 for a while. Lost a few auctions in decent range, but majority of time I see them the prices are insane. I remember when they came out, most people weren't feeling them. What's the deal? I mean I'm seeing them listed for more than the black Levis joints, more than Nontourages, etc. Am I missing something?

Also, @mints thx for answering my question on IG about the sizing, that was me

Last edited:
GIRL PREACH!!! @Siye87 We around the same age too! I was born in 86 :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

I had to explain this to my homeboy in regards to the price I paid for Tiffs.....

and I feel you, I'm still going to try and work him lower. if he doesn't budge a hundo it is (which ain't bad). Say! you wear a 6 , is that your size in other kicks as well?? I got a 6.5 in tiffs and I'm tryna see if a 6 will be too tight/uncomfortable

I got my old account back so I'll be posting from here, from now on ^^

It's always a pleasure to meet another female collector. :D Nice to meet you! We're only a year apart too!

Back in the day my SBs were a size 7 mostly with a few 6.5s. I had never even seen a size 6 in person and I think my feet were even a bit bigger back then.

As with all sneakers though, I prefer a bit of room... though when in doubt I will refer to the CM size for a more accurate shoe size.

My suggestion is, go to your local store and try on a 6/6.5 in a GR SB dunk (both hi and low). You'll find out what you prefer more, easy peasy.

Though I gotta say... in this hobby you'll most likely be forced to be a bit leniant about sizing, or you won't find anything good. :tongue:

Hope this helps and nice meeting you!

Last edited:
I've been slowly selling Js for other pairs, It's nice to have a variety...

Home renovation forced me to move these so I took a pic of most of my boxes the other day for the first time in years lol :nerd:

Been hunting for DS Mosquitos in size 11.5/12 for a while. Lost a few auctions in decent range, but majority of time I see them the prices are insane. I remember when they came out, most people weren't feeling them. What's the deal? I mean I'm seeing them listed for more than the black Levis joints, more than Nontourages, etc. Am I missing something?

Also, @mints
 thx for answering my question on IG about the sizing, that was me (themixtapemonster on IG)

I think there's been a resurgence in interest in the brand so older stuff is going for a lot, especially the stuff that ended up being sold on clearance, people actually skated in them so there's not as many DS pairs out there. Keep a saved search and just watch interest will die off again and prices will come back down.

And those were disliked when they came out, I still don't like that speckled green midsole. I prefer my dunks to have a white midsole.

No problem on the sizing question, I recognized the avatar.

Last edited:
I've been getting more and more into sbs rather than jordans too and jordans are what got me into sneakers lol. There's something about sbs that have a cool appeal bdcusss there is so much variety that you don't get with jordans but I still got love for the jumpman :smokin and it's good to have variety in the collection

I've been getting more and more into sbs rather than jordans too and jordans are what got me into sneakers lol. There's something about sbs that have a cool appeal bdcusss there is so much variety that you don't get with jordans but I still got love for the jumpman
smokin.gif
and it's good to have variety in the collection
Same here man, for me it is the creativity in the designs of Sb's and so much variety as well. But i still gotta grab the carmines and concord lows in May lmao

Originally Originally Posted by seandon23  

I've been getting more and more into sbs rather than jordans too and jordans are what got me into sneakers lol. There's something about sbs that have a cool appeal bdcusss there is so much variety that you don't get with jordans but I still got love for the jumpman 
smokin.gif
 and it's good to have variety in the collection

Posted by airmatic  

Same here man, for me it is the creativity in the designs of Sb's and so much variety as well. But i still gotta grab the carmines and concord lows in May lmao
Just remember to be open-minded with kicks and you won't have too many regrets

These linen dunks are nice but geez they crease up so easily lol. I mean I guess the creases will look good after a few more wears and overtime. I just live fresh/crease free sneaks though lol

John00 John00 That's a little harsh on the Trainers, sure they don't mesh well with what SB has done, but it's pretty good if you're a fan of trainers, and the build quality was decent too. I break my pair every now and then though, so I'm a little biased towards the shoe.

I was speaking more on the color way than the Trainer itself. Although I'm not the biggest fan of the SB Trainer silhouette, I just think that the NTLD Trainers color way was lazy at best. It stuck out like a sore thumb in that pack originally and sat on shelves FOREVER once SB finally dropped what was left of the pack. But hey, if you love them do you. That's what makes are community so dope, it's all about buying or obsessing about what you like.

I got my old account back so I'll be posting from here, from now on ^^

It's always a pleasure to meet another female collector. :D Nice to meet you! We're only a year apart too!

Back in the day my SBs were a size 7 mostly with a few 6.5s. I had never even seen a size 6 in person and I think my feet were even a bit bigger back then.

As with all sneakers though, I prefer a bit of room... though when in doubt I will refer to the CM size for a more accurate shoe size.

My suggestion is, go to your local store and try on a 6/6.5 in a GR SB dunk (both hi and low). You'll find out what you prefer more, easy peasy.

Though I gotta say... in this hobby you'll most likely be forced to be a bit leniant about sizing, or you won't find anything good. :tongue:

Hope this helps and nice meeting you!

yea... I mostly do Js and Lebrons ; I'm going to order the 6. I know of one local skate shop close to me and the odds of them having a 6 in anything will be slim to none :lol: worst come to worst if it's too uncomfortable I'll release them back into the wild.

I been collecting shoes for almost 10 years now.... it's funny for me to even say that :lol: However, most of my stuff my early days due to space etc. Only thing I still have from my early days are my beat up pair of Goldenrods. Which trying to find a pair of those these days is like trying to find pot of gold at the end of a rainbow

I pretty much threw the towel in when it comes to J's

not worth the time, effort or quality for the price

Carmines will be my only cop this year and only because they were my first OG Jordan so it's sentimental reasoning; reminds me of Christmas with my grandmom who is no longer with us :wow:

Last edited:
I pretty much threw the towel in when it comes to J's

not worth the time, effort or quality for the price

Carmines will be my only cop this year and only because they were my first OG Jordan so it's sentimental reasoning; reminds me of Christmas with my grandmom who is no longer with us
embarassed.gif
Yeah, Carmines are the only Js on my radar right now that are 100% cop

still searching for a 10.5 snake eyes if anyone knows of online location or in chicago much appreciated.  I know a few sites still have them but i cannot find a 10.5.  thanks.

Back
Top Bottom