2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Question #1.) If you owned a shop how would you handle future HYPED NIKE SB releases?.

Hold an instore raffle (1 ticket per person with a separate raffle for each shoe size available) with customers providing their name and size on the ticket. I think that's one of the fairest ways (although the drawing can be manipulated i.e. bent corners on tickets). Having the name and size on the ticket helps prevent people buying any size remaining in attempts to flip.

Last edited:
There will still be a line for a preorder no? A raffle prevents that line with line cutters and "camping" and all that mess.

Yes, I supppose. It very well may be a short-lived solution...There was a line, but it didn't start until about 40 mins before opening, which really isn't bad at all. Again, if this became the norm, we would probably run into these same issues again, but for the Diamond release, it was very smooth.

I posted this a few pages back. Black looks better on them

What's up with the box? The diamonds came in that black/teal box, but my snake eyes came in the all teal box that wasn't even that lamenated cardboard? Is nike doing the black/teal lamenated box for QS releases and the all teal box for GR's?

Oddly enough, my local skate shop had about 50 pairs of Diamonds and 12 pairs of Snake Eyes...so which is the QS and which is the GR...?

Yes, I supppose. It very well may be a short-lived solution...There was a line, but it didn't start until about 40 mins before opening, which really isn't bad at all. Again, if this became the norm, we would probably run into these same issues again, but for the Diamond release, it was very smooth.
Also I don't have Instagram or Twitter so I didn't know they were doing that. That's my local. I found out too late. I hate when stores switch up their release procedures

Also I don't have Instagram or Twitter so I didn't know they were doing that. That's my local. I found out too late. I hate when stores switch up their release procedures

Where in Jersey are you? If you got the Diamonds, where did you end up copping?

I live in Philly now, but I'm from central Jersey...

I think everyone who is looking for a pair of YOTH either a second pair or first pair. That release felt like a true QS nothing like we've been seeing lately. I could be wrong but the thirst is strong for me. Gonna try my luck at a sneakercon or something, refuse to wear mine til I have another.

I'd like to see the 510 with white laces too, loving the pics though but I have to pass.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a part time optimist, I'm hoping it's not too late on this forum. Anyone that has a DS YOTH Dunk Hi pair in 9.5 that's willing to part w them? PM me, much obliged.

U legit are a day late and a dollar short bro. The homie MexicanSoles posted one in this thread yesterday for a very reasonable price...

I actually got lucky and was able to PM him in time to cop.... def made my weekend. Good luck with ur search tho YOTH are prolly my fav sb release in a while

Sole brother Skate shop here in Norfolk still had them (YOTH)  when i was in on Wednesday. 7576237653 call them. idk if they take phone orders 

Last edited:
So if there's only 100 pairs of the 510's with the 510 branding, are these going to become much more valuable? I'm still curious if these other stores online were just using the only available photos and are getting the Nike branded tongue. If so, I may need to double up on these and rock the Nike version.

Wore my YOTHs for the first time last night for my Mother's birthday, they're a dirt magnet.

What's up with the box? The diamonds came in that black/teal box, but my snake eyes came in the all teal box that wasn't even that lamenated cardboard? Is nike doing the black/teal lamenated box for QS releases and the all teal box for GR's?
Oddly enough, my local skate shop had about 50 pairs of Diamonds and 12 pairs of Snake Eyes...so which is the QS and which is the GR...?

I've been wondering the same. YOTHs and Snake Eye's are all teal boxes while Tiffs, Valentine's and BHMs are half & half. All of the boxes say premium but the Snake Eye's are supposedly GR.

On a side note my BHMs, Snake Eyes and carbon fiber fp14's are all in the mail... the anticipation is killing me

So if there's only 100 pairs of the 510's with the 510 branding, are these going to become much more valuable? I'm still curious if these other stores online were just using the only available photos and are getting the Nike branded tongue. If so, I may need to double up on these and rock the Nike version.
If you look at the When Pigs Fly and the Premiers, there's a small premium for having the rarer shoes. Honestly the branding is so minute I would just stick with the more widely produced pairs.

It's all speculation, but I know that unless I had a personal connection to the shop I wouldn't spend a nickel over retail to get the branded version. As for being worth more, maybe it will be, but even with stuff like the Premier Highs they're only going for a little over box price and the Premier branded ones for not much more than that.

The only branded ones I can think of that are worth significantly more are the Red and Blue Lobsters with the Concepts packaging, and that's only because those came with a ton of stuff that the normal release didn't. Different Tongue tag and insole? not worth much in my book.

U legit are a day late and a dollar short bro. The homie MexicanSoles posted one in this thread yesterday for a very reasonable price...

I actually got lucky and was able to PM him in time to cop.... def made my weekend. Good luck with ur search tho YOTH are prolly my fav sb release in a while

Shipping out tomorrow.

The only branded ones I can think of that are worth significantly more are the Red and Blue Lobsters with the Concepts packaging, and that's only because those came with a ton of stuff that the normal release didn't. Different Tongue tag and insole? not worth much in my book.
SPoT x Yelwolf Cigars, first premier petoskeys, premier UCS and WPFs

Last edited:
Yall really need to wait for the 510. Why spend $150 on a dunk that retails for $120. One of the main reasons people have stuck with SB through thick and thin is because their prices remain low and their stuff usually goes on sale. Not saying that the 510s will by yall really cant wait an extra couple days for the shops to get their shipments in?

Yall really need to wait for the 510. Why spend $150 on a dunk that retails for $120. One of the main reasons people have stuck with SB through thick and thin is because their prices remain low and their stuff usually goes on sale. Not saying that the 510s will by yall really cant wait an extra couple days for the shops to get their shipments in?
i think its just post-tiff panic. they'll calm down soon

@luckybamboo

The usual bs where one person is standing in line and then "friends" show up five minutes before the door opened "just to talk". I know there was only 15 people in the line when I got there. A few people were sleeping in the car. That still makes 18 and somehow I became 22nd and missed out.

Right around 11:25 there was lots of people hopping in and out of line. People popping out of cars etc and people walking out with boxes that I had not seen in the past 3 hours.

People were bragging how they got the last ____ siZe which I then saw promptly for sale on the local Facebook group. Trying to sell for 300.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom