2024 NIKE SB DUNK THREAD_____GRs and QSs added

Pic had like six pairs...shaking my head. Not in disgust but in disappointment that I couldn't even scoop one lol

Ok guys...

Next on my SB hit list is the Avengers...Seems like there are 4 versions...Blue, Purple, blue patent, and purple patent.

Are any of them more limited (read: "more expensive") than the others? Did they all have pretty much the same availability? Was there more hype on one than the other?

I'm looking for whichever is less-hyped and/or less-expensive. I prefer non-patent over patent, but I could go either way, and I like the blue and purple equally.

Please school thekid.

Ok guys...

Next on my SB hit list is the Avengers...Seems like there are 4 versions...Blue, Purple, blue patent, and purple patent.

Are any of them more limited (read: "more expensive") than the others? Did they all have pretty much the same availability? Was there more hype on one than the other?

I'm looking for whichever is less-hyped and/or less-expensive. I prefer non-patent over patent, but I could go either way, and I like the blue and purple equally.

Please school thekid.
I'm pretty sure the patent leather pairs were significantly more limited than then non-patent, but I'm not sure about numbers.

I agree with some of this, however to make it seem like you missed out because of the people in this thread is foolish. Can't tell you how many times I've missed out,it sucks but it's my fault.

couldnt agree more

you get what you put in

sometimes you get assists from other members,

but if you are too lazy to even just go back and read a few pages, then you will probably strike out

Ok guys...

Please school thekid.

Pretty sure the non patent is the cheaper of the two for resell

Yea. The older sb heads should help the new comers who are truly interested in SBs and the culture. And just ignore the people that come in during hyped releases. My ¢2

Ok guys...

Please school thekid.
I'm hunting the standard purples. I shy away from patent in general but they are more limited. good choice 
pimp.gif

I agree with some of this, however to make it seem like you missed out because of the people in this thread is foolish. Can't tell you how many times I've missed out,it sucks but it's my fault.
The only people who don't miss out are those with a boatload of cash to waste on kicks. Missing out is just something you grow to accept. I personally don't pay resale prices. So once I miss, I miss and keep it moving

Yep if you just come here to get the next hype dunk you won't get any help. Support the community, maybe you'll be supported in return
Thats what happened with me. Just recently joined, started posting more. And yeah, I had a few sources but I also PM'd some people on here for more help. And you know what, I got a few responses. Still lucked out, but hey, I'll keep trying.

Yea. The older sb heads should help the new comers who are truly interested in SBs and the culture. And just ignore the people that come in during hyped releases. My ¢2
It's difficulty to filter through which is which. Who's true and who's fake

Ok guys...

Please school thekid.

Get the non patent. they look way better in person. The patent cost more too. The patent blue and purple makes the shoes look horrible IMO.

The non patents are more comfy too. Good luck on the search. They have Avenger shirts as well. I believe they were button ups. It matches the stripes on the shoes. And has a small sb shoe logo on the shirt.

Missed out on the Tiff highs and not going to pay resell price of $300 plus for these. Just gonna move on. Rather spend $300 for older SBs. But if $300 for the Tiff Highs is worth it to you, that's cool too.

Ok guys...

Please school thekid.
The non patent versions are valued less. The order of popularity/price roughly follows this:

Purple patent version -> blue patent version -> purple/blue non patent versions (the purple may be slightly higher)

Honestly, it was so long ago I can't remember for sure.. but I do believe the patent versions were produced in smaller numbers. 

Oddly enough I'd buy the non patent version of the avengers far quicker than the patent. I can only take so much patent leather and I'm at about my max on shoes with it.

As far as this
Folks love using the term hypebeast in this thread like we all dont fall for hype occasionally.

Alot of SB heads are hypebeasts due to the fact that GR sb's ROT on shelves, many only cop the quickstrikes. If they do cop GR's they're damn near free (like myself). There really isnt that much of difference in cultures between SB and Jordan heads, it pretty much just young richards vs old richards.

I don't even want to reveal how much I've spent buying shoes at retail price because I think they're pretty BA and then they end up rotting on outlet walls for $30. Off the top of my head I can remember getting really geeked up about the Air Mariahs, Air Carnivores, all shoes that I own and love to wear out and don't mind that I paid retail.

I think the older heads that don't drop info are just upset by the tides changing

When will they see that we're all on the same wave :smh:

Last edited:
I think the older heads that don't drop info are just upset by the tides changing

When will they see that we're all on the same wave
mean.gif
Im still new on here but even i was upset seeing so many different faces that i had not seen on here when te tiffs dropped. I guess i know how they feel.

Oddly enough I'd buy the non patent version of the avengers far quicker than the patent. I can only take so much patent leather and I'm at about my max on shoes with it.

As far as this
I don't even want to reveal how much I've spent buying shoes at retail price because I think they're pretty BA and then they end up rotting on outlet walls for $30. Off the top of my head I can remember getting really geeked up about the Air Mariahs, Air Carnivores, all shoes that I own and love to wear out and don't mind that I paid retail.
Why pay retail for something that you know will go on sale. I recently purchased the Fire & Ice SBs, Flyknit Racer and Blue Air Missions all for under retail. I knew I wanted them but I also knew the popularity and hype wasn't enough for me to rush to the store and cop too. Patience and knowledge are key when buy kicks. You can burn a lot of $$$ being impatience and foolish.

Back
Top Bottom