2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Braves on another level. Don’t see anybody stopping them in October. Crown em already… 🏆
They should be able to steamroll over everybody. But being up so many games, gonna be hard to keep that fire all of September since the division is basically clinched already and just roll into the playoffs

Braves pitching is built for a first round exit. Phillies or Dodgers are most likely coming out of the National League. Brewers are a possibility too.
Fried put on a clinic, last night.
That kinds of tossing makes for an unlikely any round exit with those Bats.

Acuna locked up the MVP tonight
Somebody put it simply in a DISCORD yesterday that Betts had Acuna beat in every category except steals, and it wasn’t close…:I was building so couldn’t look or attempt to join convo but after reading this, I must go back and revisit that convo.
He had me sold it was BETTS, that’s for damned sure.

Last edited:
Fried put on a clinic, last night.
That kinds of tossing makes for an unlikely any round exit with those Bats.

Fried left with no runs given, then came in the dumpster fire bullpen and quickly gave 3 runs up. The only way the Braves can make a deep run is if their starters can throw complete games. Unless the bullpen has a miraculous recreation of the 2021 postseason, this is their Achilles heel.

Yo how much were special tickets for that Dodgers game? How many did they give away and who makes the jersey? It looks cheap as hell.

Astros about to get swept by the Yankees?
Gah Damn.
Faced decent Houston SP too and Houston got Rodon and Severino 😂

Astros about to get swept by the Yankees?
Gah Damn.
Faced decent Houston SP too and Houston got Rodon and Severino 😂
Last two Severino starts before tonight have been more in line with his first couple years. May have gotten somewhat back on track.

Screenshot_20230902-204524.png

👀

Interesting..... 🤔

The Twins are our GD kryptonite for whatever reason. The bullpen has been atrocious. Huge series coming up against Houston, but no signs of turning things around in sight.

Yeah...this.

I've watched or listened to 90+% of Twins games, and they've beaten teams with winning records, took the series over them, had comeback wins...but not at this consistency within 2 sets of series'...kinda wild. Figured yet again when down 1-4 it was over, but Texas does it for them, I guess.

After the Rangers made those trades, I really thought they had punched their ticket to the World Series. Talk about going in the exact opposite direction at lightning speed. They are fortunate that they haven’t lost too much ground and there is still an entire month left.

After the Rangers made those trades, I really thought they had punched their ticket to the World Series. Talk about going in the exact opposite direction at lightning speed. They are fortunate that they haven’t lost too much ground and there is still an entire month left.
Heim needs surgery and shouldn't be playing. Jung injury forcing Duran into a full time role he's totally melted down in compounds it. Taveras has been the least valuable hitter in baseball post ASB ... It's time to just pull Evan Carter up and let him play.

Eovaldi's extended absence compounds some of the pitching issues and has stretched the bullpen further more nights than they'd obviously like.

They're limping to the finish line across the board.

Back
Top Bottom