2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, everybody: Rest In Power, Willie

Yeah I think ATL’s rotation is more than good enough as long as they keep out-raking folks…
Not to mention fielding.
They also have speed.
Pitching could actually lose Strider for the Year and with that Offense and assortments of other offerings, they’re still likely facing Astros for everything in my opinion.
Lance Lynn was a big addition to LAD even though he’s been underwhelming this year but I think they’re actually the team with the weakest Playoff Built Starting Pitching. I trust them least.

Good pitching will always shut down a potent offense. As someone who has watched every Braves game this season, I can honestly say our offense has masked how bad our pitching really is. Max Fried just returned and Kyle Wright is coming back soon, which is definitely a plus. The Phillies own Strider, so he’s really not a threat to them in the postseason. The bullpen is straight trash and that will be their demise come October.

BS that Cleveland got all 3 pitchers off waivers. Cubs were interested too. I must not know baseball waivers work.

Absolutely legendary quote

IMG_0723.jpeg

Absolutely legendary quote

IMG_0723.jpeg

“I’m going to couch this so nobody writes that I thought of selling,” Reinsdorf said. “Friends of mine have said: ‘Why don’t you sell? Why don’t you get out?’ My answer always has been: ‘I like what I’m doing, as bad as it is, and what else would I do?’

That's not even his best quote:

But the bottom line was that it is Getz’s show now.

“Except when it comes to spending money,” Reinsdorf said. “But every owner reserves that right. But now I lost my train of thought. I feel like Mitch McConnell.

Somewhere Stringer Bell 32 is sitting in a closed garage with the car on, how can you even cheer for a team like that? ‘I know I’m not good at this but it’s my hobby and I’m keeping it’.

BS that Cleveland got all 3 pitchers off waivers. Cubs were interested too. I must not know baseball waivers work.
Same. Do they not move to bottom of the priority list after claiming a player? Did all the other teams only claim the first person on the list? Guess I’ve been playing fantasy football too long.

I think the lowest-record waiver priority applies to all three players separately, so each waiver claim—if they have the worst record—is assessed on its own.

So the team, Cleveland, with top priority can , in essence, sign every single player off waivers of they had wanted to? That's total horse crap.

And the White Sux are all clowns. They thought they were hot **** when they won the first Field of Dreams game against the Yankees. I knew they were frauds. I tweeted that same night that they'd be one and done in the playoffs. And guess what?? I was 10000% correct. Those players suck, the organization sucks, the stadium sucks, their fans suck, and the owner sucks. Garbaggio all damn day.

I got the very tail end of that game last night. Looks like it was a good one. Acuna and Mookie going back and forth...today probably a Freeman/Olson game.

Back
Top Bottom