2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

They aren’t going to Oklahoma. Vegas, Portland, Vancouver, Charolette, and Montreal are all the cities that are lined up to supposedly make a push for them if the bill falls through.

E4B5BB5C-3899-4932-8633-22B20C89EA7C.jpeg

For Justin Turner tonight

Based on these numbers, there's never been a worse time to be a hitter in Major League Baseball.

After more than a month's worth of games, hitters are tracking toward yet another strikeout record by whiffing in 24.3 percent of their plate appearances. They're also maintaining a .233 batting average, the lowest mark in the league's 150-year history.

MLB Strikeouts already are 1,320 ahead of hits, just three years after exceeding hits for the first time ever over a full season.

So far, 49.3 percent of all pitches have ended up in the strike zone. That's the highest such mark of the pitch tracking era. Hitters are also missing on 27.1 percent of their swings, which is yet another high for the pitch tracking era.

Teams are using defensive shifts in the infield less often than they did in 2020, but with greatly improved efficiency. There's currently a 47-point gap between the actual (.213) and expected (.260) batting average on ground balls against shifted and strategic infields.

The average velocity of a four-season fastball in 2008 was 91.9 mph; this season, it’s 93.6 mph, a figure that would represent an all-time high.

MLB batters are on a pace to set a record for most strikeouts per game for the 13th consecutive full season.

Based on these numbers, there's never been a worse time to be a hitter in Major League Baseball.

After more than a month's worth of games, hitters are tracking toward yet another strikeout record by whiffing in 24.3 percent of their plate appearances. They're also maintaining a .233 batting average, the lowest mark in the league's 150-year history.

MLB Strikeouts already are 1,320 ahead of hits, just three years after exceeding hits for the first time ever over a full season.

So far, 49.3 percent of all pitches have ended up in the strike zone. That's the highest such mark of the pitch tracking era. Hitters are also missing on 27.1 percent of their swings, which is yet another high for the pitch tracking era.

Teams are using defensive shifts in the infield less often than they did in 2020, but with greatly improved efficiency. There's currently a 47-point gap between the actual (.213) and expected (.260) batting average on ground balls against shifted and strategic infields.

The average velocity of a four-season fastball in 2008 was 91.9 mph; this season, it’s 93.6 mph, a figure that would represent an all-time high.

MLB batters are on a pace to set a record for most strikeouts per game for the 13th consecutive full season.

Some editor didnt proofread and just relied on spell check. Four season fastball LOL

I dont think i have ever gotten a cheese steak inside phils ballpark

im pretty sure its tony lukes?

i always preferred Bulls BBQ over it..bit expensive but thats pretty much all ballparks

Indeed, a good Matt Harvey day for the Mets

Bench mob coming thru again for the Mets, 7straight baby.

Tijuan Walker looking like a great deal of a signing this past winter.

With Carassco out basically half this season, we needed Walker and he's been successful as well.

I dont expect the Mets to retain Stroman end of this season. But honestly, I might prefer paying Stroman over Syndergard. Thor cant stay healthy.

Mets pitching staff as a whole, has been above avg.

#lgm

Baseball is awful right now.

No one can hit

No more hit and runs

No stolen bases

Just K's and dingers

Analytics has killed this sport for me

DeGrom laid down a bunt for a base-hit his last game. Mets are stealing bases, scored 7 runs today against Matt Harvey with no HR. Were doing it all.

Feel free to jump on the bandwagon now before it gets full.

lolollololol

^I've watched this video many times now, and go back and forth on whether or not I think he was out or safe.

Back
Top Bottom