2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

1620444991008.gif

Mofo's can't hit these days...I was listening to local radio yesterday talking to Jeff Nelson (mostly of Mariner/Yankee fame) and he essentially brought up all these early season no-no's...4 no-hitters, counting Madbums, now you got #5 and it's not even June.

In a way, you can blame it on pitching philosophy/approach these days, but the majority of these dudes are swing hard and forget the rest, in order to keep up with the constant barrage of upper 90s fastballs along with inability to hit against the shift.

I still think sports is cyclical with things, but the game needs more than just bat flips and over-emotional pitchers (Garrett) to find it's foothold again and the lack of situational baseball with limited strategy ain't it, in my opinion.

Last edited:
That soto **** pisses me off so much online in mlb the show

when ppl use him and they watch pitches he starts doing his lil lean over.. makes me just wanna peg him with a FB lolol but i respect it he just having a good time

with as bad as we were playing, I thought Elysian Park was gonna sweep us. Kershaw and Bauer bout to throw byke to byke CGSO

with as bad as we were playing, I thought Elysian Park was gonna sweep us. Kershaw and Bauer bout to throw byke to byke CGSO

with as bad as you playing, we playing worse. case in point: the last 2 weeks, and tonight especially

• Haha
Reactions: HIM
Speaking of prospects, we need to go ahead and bring Adell back up. Who cares if he forgot how to field. We’re the worst defensive team anyway.

Fellas, I need your help in picking a new team to root for. I am a lifelong Rockies fan but the only way the Monforts will listen is if Rockies fans no longer support them, go to their games or buy merchandise. I want to support a middle market team but would love to be a fan of a big market team. Any suggestions?

Fellas, I need your help in picking a new team to root for. I am a lifelong Rockies fan but the only way the Monforts will listen is if Rockies fans no longer support them, go to their games or buy merchandise. I want to support a middle market team but would love to be a fan of a big market team. Any suggestions?

Become a Padres fan. They are in Denver tomorrow and tickets will probably be cheap :lol:

I like what the Padres are doing. I will check them out and report back. Thank you for the excellent suggestion.

Yeah we are middle market. But our owner right now spends money to compete. Show up to Coors Field tomorrow or Wednesday in a new Tatis Jr. jersey and burn all your old Rockies gear and bobble heads :lol:

The Yankees are pretty set on staying under the luxury tax like a small market team.

Back
Top Bottom