2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

The Conforto thing was some bs. Why do they even bother with instant replay if they aren't gonna overturn some **** like this?

USA Today had a pretty interesting feature today about current MLB contracts, and San Diego leads all of MLB with $845.9 million guaranteed money in salaries due 2022 and beyond.

Miami, Pittsburgh and Cleveland combined are at $12.9 million in salaries 2022 and beyond.

It's but one factor, and future contract obligations don't tell all of the story of course, but this league has got to get this straightened out if this sport is going to have any sort of popularity close to NBA and NFL in next generations.

Every year we play, half the league has throw in the towel and tells their fanbase they have little to no chance to do anything.

The Conforto thing was some bs. Why do they even bother with instant replay if they aren't gonna overturn some **** like this?

At the first, I assume Mattingly demanded the replay. The umpire told him that it wasn't gonna happen but he decided to do it anyways. So the call stand then.

The Mets broadcasters were unhappy with the decision. They were totally against walk-off HBP. That's why they are awesome. They are baseball guys first then the Mets

Later, the same umpire admitted that he made the wrong call and said he should have called Conforto out. Even Conforto knew it too

:lol:

Dietrich was surely annoying

Yea, that Mets ending was terrible. How do you get hit with a called strike?

thats mets ending won me a cool $775

finally on the right end of a bogus play when it comes to gambling lol

excited to see how Wheeler deals in his 2nd start tonight

At the first, I assume Mattingly demanded the replay. The umpire told him that it wasn't gonna happen but he decided to do it anyways. So the call stand then.

The Mets broadcasters were unhappy with the decision. They were totally against walk-off HBP. That's why they are awesome. They are baseball guys first then the Mets

Later, the same umpire admitted that he made the wrong call and said he should have called Conforto out. Even Conforto knew it too

:lol:

Dietrich was surely annoying

I would say less than half of these are good examples.

That’s crazy there’s no rule for HBP that are in the zone.

if you get hit by a strike, that’s on you. Strike zone should be fair game or else hitters would crowd the plate like crazy and make it even uglier.

The rule states you're supposed to avoid getting hit which makes it even worse :lol:

"MLB's rule book states that a batter can proceed to first base if he is “touched by a pitched ball which he is not attempting to hit unless (A) The ball is in the strike zone when it touches the batter, or (B) The batter makes no attempt to avoid being touched by the ball.”

Back
Top Bottom