2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Like I just illustrated in my previous post, pitchers and catchers are taught to have more elaborate signals than that. This is little league status. And again, what is the batter thinking in this situation? If you dont think a batter is more on alert for a possible curve after that (especially after Greinke has announced his pitches in the past), then I dont know what to tell you.
I get what you're saying and he has tipped his pitches in the past before (which has actually worked) but I don't agree that this was a case of that. In hindsight, I think it's easy to say he was an idiot for doing what he did, but he just moreso made a mistake down the middle, even if the hitter was "alert." Also, Ramon has great numbers against him too, so if anything he just guessed right and generally sees him well. And that signal that many thought was a curveball was actually a slider that Ramon hit so it definitely wasn't the pitch that was tipped.

Dodger stadium has been a launching pad all series and then Semien’s deep fly in left conveniently dies from wind picking going to the right but Altuve hits a straight away bomb to dead center the next half inning. Even Mother Nature is against the A’s lol.

I can’t stand the Astros. At the end of the day, they gotta live with their 2017 title being tainted in the eyes of almost all baseball fans outside of Houston when they had a good team without all that trash can crap.

But in 2020 for all the crap the Astros got, for how they got vilified nonstop and deservedly so, these teams need to step up and beat them. Not the Astros fault the Twins are perennial chokers. Not the Astros fault the A’s are constantly shaky in the playoffs either. No Verlander, no Cole, this isn’t the powerhouse Astros of 2017-19 and they’re getting it done. For as much heat as they’ve gotten, everyone they’ve played so far isn’t ready to end their season.

Hopefully it’s a different energy in the ALCS.

Me after watching Pressly almost blow a 7 run lead with 2 outs:

1602199468440.png

Brewers were mid and Padres were injured but Dodgers looking unbeatable if they don't do their yearly October choke.

Not sure Braves have the starting arms after their injuries to compete against the Dodgers either.

Last edited:
Dodgers should be a lock for the World Series they’re loaded with arms and that’s what the Padres cant match and don’t think Atlanta can either.

Braves cant afford to lose Fried and Andersons starts. They the only two reliably guys and Wright is a coin flip as the 3rd guy but he's been better as the season went on and got through a rough inning yesterday and was solid from there. Really only got 2 and a half guys. After that the starting rotation doesn't really fill with confidence Having 2 and a half guys works for a best of 3 or best of 5 but now could get exposed

I don’t think so, at all
Braves are in Trouble.
They’re going to be the Marlins to the Dodgers.
Why do you say that? I haven’t watched the Braves at all this year

But the potential of 7 games in 7 days could have the potential to **** up your bullpen if a starter gets rocked after a couple innings. Then it’s all downhill from there

Back
Top Bottom