2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Dodgers/Braves will be interesting. Haven’t watched Braves much but it seems they strikeout a lot more than they take walks and tend to rely on the long ball? I believe the pitching will definitely keep them in games during the series against LA, but you can’t rely on homers at Globe Life. If they find a way to get on base and keep pressure on Dodger pitchers then they’ll be successful.

The Braves lineup is pretty good, but so was SD’s this year. We’ll see how it goes.

I wouldn’t say the Braves are reliant on the long ball, have had good overall hitting as well over the season despite the higher strikeout rate

Why do you say that? I haven’t watched the Braves at all this year

But the potential of 7 games in 7 days could have the potential to **** up your bullpen if a starter gets rocked after a couple innings. Then it’s all downhill from there
Their Pitching is going to get destroyed by LAD.
Ian Anderson looked pretty good vs Marlins.
he’s going to get cooked by Dodgers lefties.
Kyle Wright looked good vs Marlins as well, but it’s Kyle Wright. Changing his location in the mound has helped him a lot over the last5 starts, but LAD is just too much.As bad as Freeman has been through the first 2 Series, he’s going to have to be triple time that good. BRAVES bats may be able to steal a late game before ultimately getting swept. I just don’t see them competing at all unfortunately

Rays best chance is to get to the 5th inning with a lead or tied.

Agreed, think Braves go out in 5. Closer to a sweep than them taking it to 6.

Edit: Kevin Cash is crazy. Insane chess move here going with Anderson early, even with top of the order.

Rays best chance is to get to the 5th inning with a lead or tied.

Agreed, think Braves go out in 5. Closer to a sweep than them taking it to 6.

Edit: Kevin Cash is crazy. Insane chess move here going with Anderson early, even with top of the order.
I don't think Snell is going to see more than 8-9 AB's either.

I don't think Snell is going to see more than 8-9 AB's either.
Definitely not. I think he's going 1 inning max against these bats, depending on matchup. Anderson getting that 1 pitch double play means he might be able to go 2 more innings which would be huge.

Love the chess match early

1602296549214.png

All rise

Yankees threw out some awful lines this ALDS. The opposite of splendid. Boone is not the guy to put lineups out.
Stanton had hit a DONG in 5 straight games before he got moved to better than 5 in the order. One game he hit 6th.
He should be protecting DJ, not Judge.
Judge has 3 hits this entire series!Stanton does that in one game.
Come on RAYS! Do it for the CULTURE!
Bandwagon for anybody facing the Stros.

Back
Top Bottom