2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

laureano will get suspended and Astros won’t get anything, watch. It’s amazing MLB is protecting a group of cheaters more than the integrity and future of the game.

i hate manfred as much as the next guy but big league buddies have all said he’s just playing his role and doesn’t necessarily even like what he’s doing. Owners have this man by the huevos.

Cintron will 100% be suspended

That's the thing, it's not hatred.

Please remember, I backed MLB's penalty as "enough". Draft picks, money, etc.

I backed the Stros as cheating, my words, "EVERY, team cheats, every single one."

I don't hate them, at all.

But......

What I do understand is competition. You can't take away 2017. But you CAN drill them in the numbers 2-3 times a series. You CAN beat them and mock them struggling without their trash cans. You CAN mouth off every single inning, make them miserable. Make free agents not want to join them and be targeted. Make it hurt to play seasons.

That ain't hate. That's calculating. :wink:
Is what you're saying along these lines?

The punishment from every team, every day, that's not up to the powers that be. They got their due punishment from the powers that be, but the punishment from every team, every day, they're just going to have to deal with that. Every day.

Cintron’s suspension should be as long or longer than laureano’s. Dude is a coach and is supposed to be the model of how to act and handle yourself. That’s the expectation. To have him chirp at him and challenge him to come fight him (not to mention, hide when laureano takes him up on that) is ridiculous.

Is what you're saying along these lines?

The punishment from every team, every day, that's not up to the powers that be. They got their due punishment from the powers that be, but the punishment from every team, every day, they're just going to have to deal with that. Every day.

you know what he was trying to say lol.

About a quarter into the rona season and Tatis looks like the clear NL MVP. Will be interesting to see if he and SD can keep it up. Passan did a nice little feature on Tatis, but I’m too lazy to find/post it. Didn’t realize his pops hit two grand slams in the same inning.

For y’all talking about suspension, I believe Joe Kelly’s appeal is today. I’m assuming the outcome of his appeal will be indicative of how hard the league is actually going to be hammering folks.

the dudes who hit Laureano are barely major leaguers. none of those are intentional.

cintron should get suspended for starting it. Go light on Laureano because he got taken to the ground like a child before anything could really happen.

No dude. Bench coach chirping at him telling him to bring it and then hid behind two guys like a coward started it. Get out of here with that.

For y’all talking about suspension, I believe Joe Kelly’s appeal is today. I’m assuming the outcome of his appeal will be indicative of how hard the league is actually going to be hammering folks.

makes you wonder what the suspension would of been if he actually connected with one. I mean of the two pitches from kelly, only one looked remotely intentional.

Let’s say someone hits Altuve in the head and kills him. Is that enough payback or do you keep going at them the rest of the season?
I'd celebrate. I'd tell the pitcher not to forget Springer, Correa, Bregman, and somehow get Verlander

cintron should get suspended for starting it.

No dude. Bench coach chirping at him telling him to bring it and then hid behind two guys like a coward started it. Get out of here with that.

tenor.gif

"the mlb is failing because they've politicized the sport!" nah, it's because they've got 10 games on today all starting in the evening, and only 2 are on national television. one of the big reasons opening day is awesome in the MLB (besides it being opening day) is that baseball is literally on all day long. especially now that we don't have any fans in stadiums, what the hell is the excuse for not getting noon and 1pm games started during the week?
1597077356567.png

this is how it should be done.
1597077385641.png

:lol: word

MLB scheduling games like we’re coming home from work. The normal Saturday schedule should be the new weekly schedule.

And tbh I feel like the games have actually gotten longer too

Back
Top Bottom