2022 OFFICIAL NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - NBA FINALS TIME - GS 4-2 - STEVE GETS #4……ON NT - SUMMER JAM SCREEN RECEIPTS INCOMING……

Status
Not open for further replies.
The very first thing Boston needs to do is trade Marcus Smart if they want to get a decent floor general. We've already seen the best of Smart.

Smart is super expendable, he's reached his peak, and there's no other way but downhill from here.

If I'm BOS, I'd be smart about it.

I'd try to acquire Rondo to come off the bench and be an Igoudala/Haslem for Tatum/Brown, then I trade Smart while he's at his highest value (the flopper just won DPOY), and acquire someone who can be a floor general and be a threat to create opportunities for others
Screenshot_20220618-091045_Chrome.jpg

The very first thing Boston needs to do is trade Marcus Smart if they want to get a decent floor general. We've already seen the best of Smart.

Smart is super expendable, he's reached his peak, and there's no other way but downhill from here.

If I'm BOS, I'd be smart about it.

I'd try to acquire Rondo to come off the bench and be an Igoudala/Haslem for Tatum/Brown, then I trade Smart while he's at his highest value (the flopper just won DPOY), and acquire someone who can be a floor general and be a threat to create opportunities for others
Screenshot_20220618-091045_Chrome.jpg

Marcus smart and Lonzo are basically the same player. You’re trading 3 point shooting for a guy that can’t make a layup.

Smart wasn’t good but he’s become the scapegoat IMO. Adding a marginally better or the same player isn’t going to push this team over the top

Marcus smart and Lonzo are basically the same player. You’re trading 3 point shooting for a guy that can’t make a layup.

Smart wasn’t good but he’s become the scapegoat IMO. Adding a marginally better or the same player isn’t going to push this team over the top
We're not asking Lonzo Ball to play 40-plus Smart minutes.

Let's look at the big picture. The Celtics lost in 6 cause GSW wore them down. BOS needs DEPTH. Their bigs got tired, and they have a lack of guards to keep up with GSW's guards - Curry, Klay, GP, Poole dominated Smart, White, and Pritchard, which put a ton of pressure on the Jays to over produce.

Evidently Horford is only good for about ONE 20-point explosion in a series so that's that. Boston's offense was both Predictable and Stagnant. That's another big reason they lost.

A ball handling creator on offense who can get out and lead a fast break is something they sorely need.

This is a team game and comparing Smart vs Ball is losing sight of the type of team that's built to win a championship.

Notice how i also wrote that I'd try to pick up Rondo in addition to trading Smart. The combination of Ball plus Rondo or Ball plus another veteran point guard who can effectively come off the bench in the Playoffs for 12-15 min a game is > Smart alone and his 42 minutes.

Last edited:
We're not asking Lonzo Ball to play 40-plus Smart minutes.

Let's look at the big picture. The Celtics lost in 6 cause GSW wore them down. BOS needs DEPTH. Their bigs got tired, and they have a lack of guards to keep up with GSW's guards - Curry, Klay, GP, Poole dominated Smart, White, and Pritchard.

So once again, it bears to repeat Boston needs depth.

This is a team game and comparing Smart vs Ball is losing sight of the type of team uou have to build to win a championship.

Notice how i also wrote that I'd try to pick up Rondo in addition to trading Smart. The combination of Ball plus Rondo or Ball plus another veteran point guard who can effectively come off the bench in the Playoffs for 12-15 min a game is > Smart alone and his 42 minutes.

Rondo is facing a domestic violence charge. And he’s 36. Not sure if he has a future.

You need depth but realistically you’re going to run out 8 maybe 9 guys max. Grant williams became unplayable after being against Milwaukee. White became unplayable after having moments.

Just not rolling with smart being the blame. At least not all of it. He played his best basketball of the playoffs in the finals. A floor general is still going to lead to iso ball by relatively average iso players.

You’re better off adding a Bruce brown than a ball/rondo type

Stevens will have more options this summer now that he doesn't have to worry about the financial constraints. Everything he did starting last summer through the deadline was to avoid the tax so they didn't have to pay the repeater.

Now that everyone's new deals kick in this upcoming season, they are in the tax no matter what and are going to start paying. At worst, they can get 2 significant bench pieces with the $17M TPE they have and the $6M taxpayer MLE. I personally think Horford also gets traded in some sort of deal. He's a really important piece of the team, but he's 36 and just played a full season after being able to rest the entire season before. It's probably downhill for him from here. Need to roll his salary into someone that can be a part of the core for the next 3-4 years of the Tatum contract.

Rondo is facing a domestic violence charge. And he’s 36. Not sure if he has a future.

You need depth but realistically you’re going to run out 8 maybe 9 guys max. Grant williams became unplayable after being against Milwaukee. White became unplayable after having moments.

Just not rolling with smart being the blame. At least not all of it. He played his best basketball of the playoffs in the finals. A floor general is still going to lead to iso ball by relatively average iso players.

You’re better off adding a Bruce brown than a ball/rondo type
Nah, disagree. Smart and his lack of consistency and depth are big reasons they lost. Smart ain't to blame for sure, but when the coach is forced to play him 42 min a game cause all they have is Pritchard off the bench, that's a problem. Trust me, Boston could have used a Shannon Brown or Jordan Farmar this series.

Who's your team again, the 76ers?

Last edited:
Stevens will have more options this summer now that he doesn't have to worry about the financial constraints. Everything he did starting last summer through the deadline was to avoid the tax so they didn't have to pay the repeater.

Now that everyone's new deals kick in this upcoming season, they are in the tax no matter what and are going to start paying. At worst, they can get 2 significant bench pieces with the $17M TPE they have and the $6M taxpayer MLE. I personally think Horford also gets traded in some sort of deal. He's a really important piece of the team, but he's 36 and just played a full season after being able to rest the entire season before. It's probably downhill for him from here. Need to roll his salary into someone that can be a part of the core for the next 3-4 years of the Tatum contract.
Selling high on Al.

I like it.

Nah, disagree. Smart and his lack of consistency and depth are big reasons they lost. Smart ain't to blame for sure, but when you're coach is forced to play him 42 min a game cause all they have is Pritchard off the bench, that's a problem. Trust me, Boston could have used a Shannon Brown or Jordan Farmar this series.

Who's your team again, the 76ers?
Warriors 8th man was coming in and repeatedly taking the ball from their 2nd best player.

Tatum had 13 on 18 shots.

The supporting cast was good enough to get this done.

Boston will continue to hang around until Tatum/Brown take another step.

Warriors 8th man was coming in and repeatedly taking the ball from their 2nd best player.

Tatum had 13 on 18 shots.

The supporting cast was good enough to get this done.

Boston will continue to hang around until Tatum/Brown take another step.
Boston's supporting cast was NOT near good enough or deep enough to get it done. No way.

They couldn't even take GSW to 7 games bro, what u talmbout man

They lost 3 games in a row by double digits lol

In fact this series could've easily been over in 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom