2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bron competed against podcasters and tik tokers
794924A5-B6A6-40A3-A28C-8D28698E2C8A.gif

talk to em logo 🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️

I was trying to pull JJ receipts but he never made it to the checkout. Not once do I recall him making all defensive team. In fact checking up on him MANY times it was reported he was a liability on defense and pulled from games.

I would like the posts but sitting in a restaurant.

JJ really feeling himself these days like he was that dude. He was basically new age John Paxton and Steve Kerr with no defining moments. Forreal Detlef Schrempf.

WASHED KING WASHED KING , there's something that you're doing when you dismiss old players and automatically assume that current players would wash old players. You're failing to consider that environment + technology factors in. You're acting likeg it's just current player versus older player, but that's not the case.

"Lebron James would absolutely destroy anyone in the 60s." Look, by the time Lebron James was in HS, he was so good that damn near his entire senior season was on TV. Now imagine if he had never even touched a basketball until his sophomore/junior season. No 8th grade prep squads w/ coaches and athletic trainers giving him sage advice that he is just TAKING OFF with. Not even a little mini hoop in the living room as a toddler. Nothing. Just barely even introduced to basketball as a sophomore/junior, maybe as a freshman.

And not with nice shoes and shooting sleeves or knee braces. No, no, none of the technologies that today's NBA player practically grows up with. If you put Lebron playing against NBA players in the 1960s, no, you don't get the Lebron born in 1984. If we're going to imagine Lebron in the 60s, we're going to imagine Lebron born in the late 40s/early 50s.

And then on the flip side, if we're going to put Jerry West against today's players, we have to move Jerry West into today's timeline. Jerry West grew up doing farm work in West Virginia, like every other kid in West Virginia. Imagine him growing up in the late 90s on an AAU squad, having first been introduced to basketball at like 4. Imagine Jerry West going to a premier basketball HS, being given top notch coaching and athletic training since his age was single digits.

Then imagine that scenario... for Wilt. Or Russell. Start grooming Wilt Chamberlain to play basketball only starting at like age 5. Have him grow up wearing top of the line basketball shoes and doing basketball related exercises and drills hardcore starting in about junior high. 😬😬😬😬😬😬

It's not just player versus player. It has to be:
environment + technology + player versus
environment + technology + player.

-foe

To be fair to JJ, Mad Dog was frustrating him. Seems to me like he just wanted to say something to clap back at Mad Dog but put too much sauce on it.

And I can understand. I worked with so many Mad Dog types in my life.

Loud mouth "back in my day" old white people are one of the worst demographics to have to work with.

Last edited:
random

but all the time I hear this idea that "jerry west was actually only 6'3"
in fact he's listed at 6'3 on basketball reference.

but like

1658589651975.png

1658589737854.png

given that men typically lose about 1.2-1.5 inches of height as they age.
I find it hard to believe that prime Jerry West was actually only 6'3.

random

but all the time I hear this idea that "jerry west was actually only 6'3"
in fact he's listed at 6'3 on basketball reference.

but like

1658589651975.png

1658589737854.png

given that men typically lose about 1.2-1.5 inches of height as they age.
I find it hard to believe that prime Jerry West was actually only 6'3.
Can't make a judgement unless I see the footwear

Jerry seems like a high value man

Could be rocking da Cuban heel Chelsea in those pics.

1658590321277.png

Oscar and Jerry seem like the same height.

This "Jerry West is secretly 6-3" seems like an old wives tale that somehow became regarded as the truth.

I was trying to pull JJ receipts but he never made it to the checkout. Not once do I recall him making all defensive team. In fact checking up on him MANY times it was reported he was a liability on defense and pulled from games.

I would like the posts but sitting in a restaurant.

JJ really feeling himself these days like he was that dude. He was basically new age John Paxton and Steve Kerr with no defining moments. Forreal Detlef Schrempf.
Like Stephen Smith said, he allows JJ to be good on tv. His wild takes allow JJ to play off him with his side. Got himself worked into a take and now he looks foolish

Last edited:
For some reason people treat the history of hockey, baseball and football with respect and reverence.

But basketball the one sport where people love to **** on the past greats.
Idk mane, The old QB’s get a lot less respect these days than they used to…And in alotta cases rightfully so, like Troy Aikman wasn’t ever really like that woulda been an interception machine in this era

And Joe Namath :sick:

JJ Redick rode the pine until he was 28 years old…. Man aint become a starter until age 29. Averaged a WHOPPING 6,4,6,9 and 10 points his first five seasons :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl:

Bill Russell would’ve sent his s*** through one of them barn windows, in the gyms that they use to hoop in back in those days.

He off that fent

Idk mane, The old QB’s get a lot less respect these days than they used to…And in alotta cases rightfully so, like Troy Aikman wasn’t ever really like that woulda been an interception machine in this era

well Joe Namath is a special case, he wasn't even good for his era.
he's just famous, and part of a very famous moment in football history.

i think most people rightly acknowledge that guys like Marino, Montana, Steve Young,
would look better with modern rules.

like I don't think anyone really thinks that like Mathew Stafford is better than Montan even tho Stafford has thrown for more yards has a bigger arm ect

Troy Aikman was the most ACCURATE QBs of his era…. Everyone else had completion percentages in the 50s…. He was the first QB to basically average 60%+ ….

Emmitt Smith FINISHED with the 18000 rush yards and 200 TDs, what part of the Cowboys were a run first team y’all don’t understand?

Aikman was laser accurate

Rule changes is why the NFL is inflated. You can’t touch receivers or QBs these
days. Passing has gone up, but interceptions are down. There’s a reason for that.

Interception “machine”? He averaged only 12 INTs per year… meanwhile Favre, Elway and Marino all averaged 15+…

Aikman wasn’t turnover prone at all. I can tell y’all don’t actually watch. Y’all base everything off stats.

Aikman only threw over 15 INTs twice in 12 years. He was routinely under 15 INTs

Last edited:
well Joe Namath is a special case, he wasn't even good for his era.
he's just famous, and part of a very famous moment in football history.

i think most people rightly acknowledge that guys like Marino, Montana, Steve Young,
would look better with modern rules.

like I don't think anyone really thinks that like Mathew Stafford is better than Montan even tho Stafford has thrown for more yards has a bigger arm ect

Namath was injury prone and the first QB to throw for 4000 yards. He really only had like 4 healthy seasons. Those dudes literally were getting killed back then.

Look how bloated passing stats have become. It’s because you can’t even breath on these dudes. Namath wasn’t sorry.

Y’all gotta look at more than the numbers. Look at their highlights and actual mechanics

For some reason people treat the history of hockey, baseball and football with respect and reverence.

But basketball the one sport where people love to **** on the past greats.
The game of basketball has changed that much at the superstar level.

Recently saw the Knicks draft day haul of picks. That Mitchell trade isn’t looking the same now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom