2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
KD accomplished nothing in the playoffs til he got that fella with the green eyes my g.

Yea THAT argument doesn't work in Kobe's favor either though.

Don't open that box man.

Basketball is a team's sport that is generally won by teams with multiple superstars.

But KD played with multiple superstars before and after Steph'nem. Did nothing.

Kobe has played with a bunch of stars. 5 rings.

-foe

Before we move forward, do we consider Russ, Harden, and Kyrie legit?

Because on in THIS thread those 3 dudes have been considered imposters.

Let me know how we should classify them for the sake of this argument.

Don't open that box man.

Basketball is a team's sport that is generally won by teams with multiple superstars.
It’s 100% a team sport but one guy can will you wins. Look at what KD did those closeout games against GSW

Don't open that box man.

Imagine thinking the Lakers 09-10 had any single player or even a handful of you tie them together that equals some of the skill and talent Durant has played with in his career lolll played with multiple league MVPs bruh. The argument works just fine in kobes favor if for nothing else than because curry won again this year without the guy dudes told me was better than him. And that same guy, can't even make it to the show. Interesting.

Don't open that box man.

What? Kobe went to the Finals 3x and won two titles without Shaq. I'll give KD credit for taking the young thunder to the finals in 2013 but lets not get crazy

What? Kobe went to the Finals 3x and won two titles without Shaq. I'll give KD credit for taking the young thunder to the finals in 2013 but lets not get crazy

KObe went to the Finals 3x with WHO?

Kobe won two titles "without Shaq" but with WHO and WHAT (else) on his team?

What about the years in between all that? Or do we not count those years?

Imagine thinking the Lakers 09-10 had any single player or even a handful of you tie them together that equals some of the skill and talent Durant has played with in his career lolll played with multiple league MVPs bruh. The argument works just fine in kobes favor if for nothing else than because curry won again this year without the guy dudes told me was better than him. And that same guy, can't even make it to the show. Interesting.

Ok. We are downplaying Gasol, Bynum, Odom. Cool.

Again, can we make up our minds about if we are considering Russ, Harden, and Kyrie as legit players. Because yall like to flip flop depending on if it helps your argument or not.

Kobe needed Pau Gasol, Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum to win

Durant needed Curry, Klay and Draymond to win

C'mon dawg. These situations are not the same.

Please show me where I said they were the same.

KD going to GSW was a sucka move. I have ALWAYS said that.

I am simply saying don't use the, "He needed ______" (anything) to win when KObe also showed he couldn't "do it on his own."

That is why I said yall better NOT bring up the, "He couldn't win without _____" argument.

Ehhh KD took the young Thunder to the Finals in 2012, gotta give him credit.
I mean that is cool getting there, but in that same time, we pick and choose when we decide to gas up getting to the finals vs when we care about only winning. So like we can say getting to the finals was dope for KD. But then the sun's getting there, wgaf.

It's cool the thunder got there I guess. I think at the time we all thought that was going to be a perennial occurrence and teams in the west were gonna have to go through OKC to get there. Now in hindsight we can say it was the perfect storm of youth and athleticism and aging stars that lead them there. And he didn't even sniff success again til he linked with the host of the espys. Similar to bron in 07

I've asked it 3 times.

Please tell me if we are calling Westbrook, Harden, and Kyrie LEGIT.

BEcause reading through this thread on a yearly basis, I would assume they WEREN'T.

So for yall to use THEM as supporting evidence to the, "KD couldn't win with superstars" argument is funny as hell.

Ok. We are downplaying Gasol, Bynum, Odom. Cool.

Again, can we make up our minds about if we are considering Russ, Harden, and Kyrie as legit players. Because yall like to flip flop depending on if it helps your argument or not.
Nobody is downplaying them. Those will be my guys FOR LIFE. But it's fair to say they were great role players that played their parts and not necessarily generational much less once in a life type talents. Is that inaccurate?

Nobody is downplaying them. Those will be my guys FOR LIFE. But it's fair to say they were great role players that played their parts and not necessarily generational much less once in a life type talents. Is that inaccurate?

Read this thread. ALL of those dudes are called imposters year after year. Please don't pretend not to see that.

So based on the labels YALL have put on those dudes, why is KD being questioned for not being able to win with THEM?

This is my issue with most of yall in this thread. Yall lack logic and consistency.

Had it he has

I'm serious and folks are acting dumb.

Harden, Westbrook, and Kyrie are called all types of Fat Boys, Chokers, Stat Padders, Frauds, Regular Season Players, Not-Dedicated but NOW all of a sudden KD not winning with them has been SUCH a travesty.

Again, where is the consistency. Make it make sense.

I would bump posts but even the worst Search Engine users on here could stumble upon dozens AND DOZENS of posts saying what I said above.

So yea, make up yall's minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom