2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.

League is so flooded with top end talent that idk, unless it's a 1 for 1, trading a bunch of stuff for KD does not do what one would assume, I think

34, multiple serious lower body injuries, just came off of his worst playoff series ever, year 16, doesn't stay on the floor anymore,

Back in the 2000's and early 10's having a top 5 guy was kind of more important than it is now because everyone seemingly has a guy that threatens for all NBA. IMO

Like the Lakers still have Bron and AD, Clippers still have PG and Kawhi, the two time MVP is in Denver, Giannis is in Milwaukee, Steph, Jojo, Luka in Dallas, Jimmy...I mean it's so flooded.

I always wondered how popular Luka is in Slovenia. Like he might not being the #1 athlete (maybe he is but I doubt it) but is he big in Slovenia popular culture.

Nike/JB seem to be pushing the marketing for him a lot these days

Luka is a big deal back home for sure.

Outside of him the most prominent Slovenian athletes are road cyclists so competition is kinda light on that front.

Luka is a big deal back home for sure.

Outside of him the most prominent Slovenian athletes are road cyclists so competition is kinda light on that front.
Yeah, I watch cycling

The two time defending Tour de France champion is Slovenian. So I assume he would be more popular than Luka. Second best grand tour cyclist is Slovenian as well. So I would assume Luka is as popular as him. Just wondering if his popularity extends outside of sports fans in the country.

053BB751-D810-4C52-817E-C59FBAA1CC6A.jpeg

Well it’s true

Indiana maxing him to not make him the center of the offense? Don’t see that happening, especially with the roster as currently constructed. I get the reasoning why Indy would do it. You upgrade rebounding, but lose on rim defense and spacing with Turner’s 3 pt shooting. Plus Ayton appears to be more of a me guy who will be now on a younger team that’s going nowhere but the lotto for a few years at least.
He will certainly be a big part of it. As he should be. Very capable of being a 20+ PPG guy. Just won’t all revolve around him. Lot of slashing and kicking for 3s I’d presume given their roster. Having a capable big for easy buckets on top of that would be very beneficial. Turner doesn’t give you that because he just camps out at the 3pt line and shoots 3s at a 33% clip.

No brainer move for Indy. You’re not going to get anybody else to sign there.

Why is that sad? It's a contract not a death sentence :lol:. Your client wants out, you find a mutually beneficial resolution and move on
You just said it.

In his contract does he have a player option after 1 year? Or emotional option if he gets in his feels? Just curious, what's the point of a multi year contract, and a org building around a guy, if he just wakes up one days and says, "I'm out" and there is nothing medical or life threaten reason behind it.

League is so flooded with top end talent that idk, unless it's a 1 for 1, trading a bunch of stuff for KD does not do what one would assume, I think

34, multiple serious lower body injuries, just came off of his worst playoff series ever, year 16, doesn't stay on the floor anymore,

Back in the 2000's and early 10's having a top 5 guy was kind of more important than it is now because everyone seemingly has a guy that threatens for all NBA. IMO

Like the Lakers still have Bron and AD, Clippers still have PG and Kawhi, the two time MVP is in Denver, Giannis is in Milwaukee, Steph, Jojo, Luka in Dallas, Jimmy...I mean it's so flooded.
Agree with this thinking for all the teams that have been mentioned as being in the mix for a KD trade except for Phoenix. They’re 100 percent in win-now mode because of how important CP3 is to them as his age. Adding KD to CP and Book might just be enough to crack a championship window open for them. Worth the risk for them to give up a couple starters and picks for KD.

You just said it.

In his contract does he have a player option after 1 year? Or emotional option if he gets in his feels? Just curious, what's the point of a multi year contract, and a org building around a guy, if he just wakes up one days and says, "I'm out" and there is nothing medical or life threaten reason behind it.
You might be misunderstanding what a contract actually is. Marriage is a contract too for example

You just said it.

You’re a clippers fan right? You see what they did Blake, right?

Deandre Ayton, when speaking about new coach Monty Williams, said last season there wasn’t much player accountability.
Then the second Monty hold him accountable he quit on the team :lol:

Gutting your team for KD makes no sense. He’s older and also in today’s NBA doesn’t make sense. Puts you back at square one

Yeah, I watch cycling

The two time defending Tour de France champion is Slovenian. So I assume he would be more popular than Luka. Second best grand tour cyclist is Slovenian as well. So I would assume Luka is as popular as him. Just wondering if his popularity extends outside of sports fans in the country.

Yeah likewise I'm a fan of cycling too.

Rog & Pog only have 600k followers on insta though. Luka has like 7 mill.

Obviously being an NBA superstar has a far greater reach then being an elite cyclist but if you're from a small nation with a legit superstar in one of the biggest sports leagues in the world I gotta imagine he is a household name. And for what it's worth I've spoken with a couple Slovenian dudes in trading groups and they said every one there loves dude.

If Ayton signs offer sheet with Indy and the Suns match it can they still trade him asap or do they have to wait till December or something like that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom