2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ayton was damn near the consensus #1 pick.

A lot of people had their doubts about Luka

I don't think it is fair to act like it was a clear goof just because Luka has far exceeded expectations.

Absolutely the most popular athlete in Slovenia. He was probably the most popular athlete when he was at Real Madrid too. Slovenia is still a relatively poor country so no “cyclist” is hopping up top that mantel while Luka is around.

Also for the record I 1000% thought the Suns were drafting Luka when they hired the Slovenian coach. I couldn’t believe they chose Ayton. I was stunned.

I’m a “draft the best talent” guy. Not the “draft the best fit” guy. You draft the talent and make them figure it out. Luka and Book would have worked.

Last edited:
jimmy-butler-athlete.gif

Agree with this thinking for all the teams that have been mentioned as being in the mix for a KD trade except for Phoenix. They’re 100 percent in win-now mode because of how important CP3 is to them as his age. Adding KD to CP and Book might just be enough to crack a championship window open for them. Worth the risk for them to give up a couple starters and picks for KD.

But KD + CP + Book and spare parts is certainly good but like…they are in no way a surefire title ya know?

I’m only giving up that much if I know my chance of winning a title with KD would be extremely high. KD minus Ayton, Bridges, Crowder may be gone, etc may actually be worse than what they have now.

Take this to mean whatever you want but since 1990

Unless you had:

Jordan
Pippen (linked with MJ)
Hakeem
Shaq
Kobe
Duncan
Kawhi
Wade (linked to Shaq and lebron of course)
Lebron
Steph
Giannis
Durant (linked to Steph)
Nowitzki
Garnett*** (hard to include him since that was a unique team but we will add it anyways)

You were sir guarenteed NOT to win a title

It’s all about top top talent

Unless you had:

Jordan
Pippen (linked with MJ)
Hakeem
Shaq
Kobe
Duncan
Kawhi
Lebron
Steph
Giannis
Durant (linked to Steph)
Nowitzki
Garnett*** (hard to include him since that was a unique team but we will add it anyways)

Elden Campbell would like a word

Unless you had:

Jordan
Pippen (linked with MJ)
Hakeem
Shaq
Kobe
Duncan
Kawhi
Lebron
Steph
Giannis
Durant (linked to Steph)
Nowitzki

The D would like a word with you.

But I get what you mean.

Unless you had:

Jordan
Pippen (linked with MJ)
Hakeem
Shaq
Kobe
Duncan
Kawhi
Lebron
Steph
Giannis
Durant (linked to Steph)
Nowitzki

Ray Allen covers both Celtics and Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom