2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm saying people are acting like it was clear before the draft Luka would be this good and far above Ayton.

Of course in hindsight it looks like the wrong decision.

But I am saying without hindsight, going into the draft, Ayton was being talked about as the clear first choice. So in reality on draft night the calculation the Sun's made was do with go with what seems like the sure thing in Ayton or risk it in hopes of landing a generational talent with Luka. In dudes act like on draft night it was reversed. That the Sun's chose against what would be a sure thing with Luka.

And they should have been comfortable with picking Luka after already being severely burned by taking a European player in a previous draft. I think it was very reasonable for the Sun's to be like "Ayton is our guy".
I think the biggest consideration that Sarver made was that Ayton was a U of A guy and that would sell tickets, or that’s what were the murmurs around the draft. I think there was a lot of discussion that they made the wrong pick even immediately after the draft.

I’m less inclined to the idea that Ayton was this sure thing and Luka wasn’t. Especially with all of the time that these guys spend scouting. A lot of people thought that Luka was a generational talent, dude was the Euroleague MVP as a teenager.

I think the biggest consideration that Sarver made was that Ayton was a U of A guy and that would sell tickets, or that’s what were the murmurs around the draft. I think there was a lot of discussion that they made the wrong pick even immediately after the draft.

I’m less inclined to the idea that Ayton was this sure thing and Luka wasn’t. Especially with all of the time that these guys spend scouting. A lot of people thought that Luka was a generational talent, dude was the Euroleague MVP as a teenager.
Where are the receipts of folks saying Ayton was a mistake and that Luka was gonna be generational right after the draft

I honestly don't remember there being this reaction right after the draft of "Luka was the right pick, Suns and Kings goofed"

Or that Atlanta even goofed

Where are the receipts of folks saying Ayton was a mistake and that Luka was gonna be generational right after the draft

I honestly don't remember there being this reaction right after the draft of "Luka was the right pick, Suns and Kings goofed"

There was definitely people destroying the Kings for not taking Luka.

Definitely wasn't some crazy backlash against the Suns though.

FF4F9B7D-25EC-477A-A2B3-AB206344D446.jpeg

Which one you taking? I’m going for the almost guaranteed $$$$$.

Kings goofing was definitely a popular take post-draft. Suns not as much.

They sorry. We gonna have to agree to disagree.

I just think dudes putting way to much sauce on it and taking Luka's time in the league into account too (but not admitting it).

Not buying that on draft night there was some widespread sentiment that the Sun's goofed.

Maybe I’m focused more on Draft Twitter/NBA Pods. There were dudes in this thread still trying to say Luka wasn’t it as recent as the season before this one :lol:.

You don’t remember Atlanta getting killed for the Trae Young trade? And people talking bad about the Kings with the Divac connection? Phoenix definitely got the LEAST criticism but I don’t remember draft heads calling Ayton generational at all. That talk was limited to Luka

Maybe I’m focused more on Draft Twitter/NBA Pods. There were dudes in this thread still trying to say Luka wasn’t it as recent as the season before this one :lol:.

You don’t remember Atlanta getting killed for the Trae Young trade? And people talking bad about the Kings with the Divac connection? Phoenix definitely got the LEAST criticism but I don’t remember draft heads calling Ayton generational at all. That talk was limited to Luka
idk, I don't remember the negative reaction. I didn't realize the Vlade thing came to light right away. I def recall Vlade and ATL getting killed but that was way after the fact

I definitely don't recall a big contingent saying Luka would be generational though, at the time of the draft

I went back trying to find pre-draft takes and stumbled upon this:

Top 5

1. I was the first on Rui's train, therefore I get to take any credit if he pans out to be more than a high level role player. He gonna lead the way for more Asians coming over
2. I've viewed RJ Barrett as a potential Rich Man's Jalen Rose
3. This class aint built like the past 2
4. @P C H 's boy Porter is def trying to be Harden, it'll be interesting to see how he fares at SC
5. Can Naz Reid play any defense? His offense looks hilariously out of place i.e. a big shouldn't be able to pull off dribble moves/shots like that

This is like saying Giannis was going to lead to more Greeks coming over :lol:

Them ****** in the league because of their dads :lol::smh:

I went back trying to find pre-draft takes and stumbled upon this:

This is like saying Giannis was going to lead to more Greeks coming over :lol:

Them ****** in the league because of their dads :lol::smh:
Ok? lol you were also getting on me for saying Zaire Williams would be a first rounder... and he was a lottery pick

But sure, pull random receipts

Nah Atlanta & Sacramento got slandered immediately. Suns got the least amount of hate because people accepted Ayton as a top 2 prospect + the Arizona connection + questions about Luka’s fit with Booker. All that led to the suns getting mostly a pass.

idk, I don't remember the negative reaction. I didn't realize the Vlade thing came to light right away. I def recall Vlade and ATL getting killed but that was way after the fact

I definitely don't recall a big contingent saying Luka would be generational though, at the time of the draft
People knew the Vlade thing leading up to the draft. He had a relationship with Luka’s Dad. And Phoenix hired Luka’s coach. Both things were talked about leading up to the draft and people thought they’d both pick him if given the chance.

Atlanta absolutely started getting killed right after the trade.

I distinctly remember Simmons and KOC talking about him being generational heading up to the draft.

People knew the Vlade thing leading up to the draft. He had a relationship with Luka’s Dad. And Phoenix hired Luka’s coach. Both things were talked about leading up to the draft and people thought they’d both pick him if given the chance.

Atlanta absolutely started getting killed right after the trade.

I distinctly remember Simmons and KOC talking about him being generational heading up to the draft.
Good stuff, I believe you. I didn't recall that strong generational take on Luka tbh

***** you talking about basketball. I'm trying to figure how you thought a ***** w/ the same complexion as me was going to lead to more Asians coming into the NBA :lol:
idk? Just a random receipt to pull which is my point. If you think it was bad take, cool. I can pull a random bad take from you too but I don't think there's a point

would love to see chris paul get traded to the nets for kd. that way cp3 can be a mentor to the young guys and get addicted to losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom