2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get the Bruce Brown love - specifically for what the Mavs need in a perimeter guy as a potential playmaker/ball handler. If your goal is "hey we just need bodies out there" or the desire is just a more athletic player profile, maybe. But he's not a good shooter. He's not a shot creator. He can't space the floor at any level... Where does he find rotation minutes in the playoffs with Tim/Dorian/Bullock/Luka/Dinwiddie? Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know if I see it.

Regardless, the Mavs couldn't have offered the full TPMLE to Rubio or Brown or Ingles anyways. Some of that money HAD TO BE earmarked to sign Hardy to a multi-year deal and avoid the Brunson UFA nonsense all over again.
He shot 40% from 3 last year. It might be fake. But him and Luka in PNR would be deadlier than any other guard to guard screen because he’s a threat to roll and he can make plays. If you don’t trust him to shoot a high clip again, I get that.

But he’s is slasher, cutter athlete. Very GPII like and you saw what he meant to GSW

Still not buying KAT defending 4s full time. Defense wasn’t Minnesota’s problem. They could have used another playmaker and seeing what brogdon went for, I would have gone in that direction. Rudy the biggest scammer of all time
Nah man, its Mithcell. Guy couldnt (or as we may come to learn didn't want to) make simple passes to a roll big. And then was a traffic cone on the other end. The whole Rudy Gobert narrative about to be rewritten

Brown could absolutely crack Playoff rotation for Dallas, he's a versatile player/defender. I'd 100% rather have him than McGee

McGee on the other hand might not be playable past the 1st or 2nd round...

Didn't know Rubio or Ingles couldn't be offered? Interesting
From what I've gathered listening to the various Mavs pods on the many weird cap rules with them being a tax team - if they wanted to offer Hardy a multi-year deal and not a two-way, some of that money had to come out of the TPMLE earmark.

They couldn't have given Bruce Brown what he got from Denver to begin with.

0152F974-45E9-48BC-A26B-74BB9A284BB1.gif

Not sure if you’re scamming

From what I've gathered listening to the various Mavs pods on the many weird cap rules with them being a tax team - if they wanted to offer Hardy a multi-year deal and not a two-way, some of that money had to come out of the TPMLE earmark.

They couldn't have given Bruce Brown what he got from Denver to begin with.
Yeah, I don't get all that deep cap stuff lol. But if they couldn't have offered any of those guys then whatever

I'm just saying in theory it is silly to use your only bullet on a pure center who probably can't play past the 2nd round maybe even 1st round

Any other wing or even guard I'm taking a chance on instead. If that was never possible to begin with then so be it

He shot 40% from 3 last year. It might be fake. But him and Luka in PNR would be deadlier than any other guard to guard screen because he’s a threat to roll and he can make plays. If you don’t trust him to shoot a high clip again, I get that.

But he’s is slasher, cutter athlete. Very GPII like and you saw what he meant to GSW
I'm definitely not buying the shooting spike at this point. Ultra-low volume.

Regardless, the Mavs couldn't have gotten to the money Denver did on a starting salary so it's a non-starter.

I absolutely would not have signed McGee for that amount of money because he gets played off the floor come the playoffs. I think they could have signed someone for cheap to eat minutes during the regular season. But Javale is familiar with Kidd, Duds and St.Jean.

Nah man, its Mithcell. Guy couldnt (or as we may come to learn didn't want to) make simple passes to a roll big. And then was a traffic cone on the other end. The whole Rudy Gobert narrative about to be rewritten

Wait until he sees D’Angelo Russell play defense. Or wait until he sees ant man go dribble right stick combo into a step back 3.

Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat this is the easiest explanation ... So their cap on a MLE offer was roughly $5.5m.

Good work by the Mavs unlike the Lakers.

They did it with THT, Reaves and now Christie. Had to pay THT early, will have to do the same with Reaves next summer. By the time Christie's body is close to ready for NBA level comp, he'll be a free agent because the team wanted to sign Lonnie Walker for the full amount of the TMLE. :smh:

Reactions: DLF
If it's the full MLE, they did not.
The original report for McGee was 3 years 20.1 mill Martin got 20.5 apparently

Either way, it hurts seeing all these wings get almost the exact same contract as McGee :lol: I'm not even speaking on if there was a chance for Dallas to get these guys, I'm simply saying it hurts:lol:

Is Eric Bledsoe’s NBA career over? I don’t see any team that needs his services. Feels like just yesterday he was thriving as CP3’s backup 😞

I absolutely would not have signed McGee for that amount of money because he gets played off the floor come the playoffs. I think they could have signed someone for cheap to eat minutes during the regular season. But Javale is familiar with Kidd, Duds and St.Jean.
I think the McGee thing was a couple of things...

They needed a true center. Likely glaringly obviously needed something. Not having the full MLE at their disposal cut them out of the market almost entirely for any viable perimeter guy.

This regime has been relatively vocal about rebuilding the roster with "Kidd guys" ... and McGee is obviously that. Fits the 'profile'.

Part of me also thinks they probably paid a bit of a premium to have a vet in the room who's won games that matter and been on title teams. Needed a culture setter kinda guy that's been there. Their most experienced playoff guy last year might've been Davis Bertans. :lol:
The original report for McGee was 3 years 20.1 mill Martin got 20.5 apparently

Either way, it hurts seeing all these wings get almost the exact same contract as McGee :lol: I'm not even speaking on if there was a chance for Dallas to get these guys, I'm simply saying it hurts:lol:
Would assume McGee is eligible for larger annual increases based on longevity so it balances out over time.

Look - I'm not saying I don't get the desire for a wing addition. I just don't think FA was where that was going to happen given some of the limits they were working under.

Rudy gonna be chicken cordon bleu come playoff time just like every other year.

Similar to the Jimmy Butler trade from years back, this feels like Minnesota jumping the gun a few years too early. Ant is my guy but I don't think he's ready to be THE GUY on a championship contender yet. And he's going to have to be because we already know what it is with KAT, DLo, and Goober.

Good work by the Mavs unlike the Lakers.

They did it with THT, Reaves and now Christie. Had to pay THT early, will have to do the same with Reaves next summer. By the time Christie's body is close to ready for NBA level comp, he'll be a free agent because the team wanted to sign Lonnie Walker for the full amount of the TMLE. :smh:
Ya but CAP SPACEEEEE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom