2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thought of a guy on his rookie deal hitching his wagon to a Ben Simmons exit for the sake of the brand is hilarious
mjlol (1) (1).png

Rich is a finesser. And Klutch for sure is shady and doing things in the media and teams in the best interest of their #1 client. Bron

That said, the good ole boys HATE black people encroaching and taking power in ways they’ve done before (often much more nefarious too). So there is vitriol and flat out racism against Klutch and Rich Paul/Bron. It’s obvious. And it’s nasty.

Both of these things can be true @ballinsam23 word to what dacomeup dacomeup is getting out. He just giving the brother a benefit of the doubt. But we know what the underlying factor is.
Agreed here but I don’t see how any of this benefits Bron. I just resent the notion that Klutch is any more shady than any other agency that we’ve seen navigate any of these leagues and sports.

Rich has pretty much just become the most powerful agent in the game quicker than anyone we’ve ever seen. Simmons is his All Star PF client who wants out, so it’s possible that Maxey is a pawn in that (nasty) or it’s possible that this dude is just flat out lying. Sixers might be leaking that to poison the well against Rich even more.

Funny enough, I was talking to a Black dude who works in the entertainment/sports space who was trying to talk down about Rich. There’s A LOT of jealousy, elitism, racism at play there. I honestly think dude is a genius. You put him in Goldman Sachs, Apollo, Sequoia Capital, etc, he’d still figure it out. He’s just a hustler.

There's people who think Rich Paul is bad for the sport because of potentially shady tactics, how much power he has, etc. Then there's a group of people who see a young black man work his way up to the highest level of his profession & praise him for it.

Is it not possible for some of both to be true? It doesn't have to be one way or the other.

Agreed here but I don’t see how any of this benefits Bron. I just resent the notion that Klutch is any more shady than any other agency that we’ve seen navigate any of these leagues and sports.

Rich has pretty much just become the most powerful agent in the game quicker than anyone we’ve ever seen. Simmons is his All Star PF client who wants out, so it’s possible that Maxey is a pawn in that (nasty) or it’s possible that this dude is just flat out lying. Sixers might be leaking that to poison the well against Rich even more.

Klutch is Entourage IRL.

5D519492-58A8-4B43-9AEC-F067125137B7.jpeg

Vinny chase is always going to be the first interest and priority. And things naturally done in his best interest for these reasons. It’s not more nefarious than this we’ve seen.

What It is, is unique and new model to NBA tho.

There's people who think Rich Paul is bad for the sport because of potentially shady tactics, how much power he has, etc. Then there's a group of people who see a young black man work his way up to the highest level of his profession & praise him for it.

Is it not possible for some of both to be true? It doesn't have to be one way or the other.
Never heard anybody say Bill Duffy, Arn Tellem, Aaron Mintz, Mark Bartelstein or Jeff Schwartz were bad for the sport. I just can’t vibe with that take at all. There’s no both sides on this one for me, unless it’s a larger critique of how agents in general wield too much power and don’t offer enough utility for the sport. Sure, I’m with that.

Klutch is Entourage IRL.

5D519492-58A8-4B43-9AEC-F067125137B7.jpeg

Vinny chase is always going to be the first interest and priority. And things naturally done in his best interest for these reasons. It’s not more nefarious than this we’ve seen.

What It is, is unique and new model to NBA tho.
Roc nation sports kinda doing the same ish behind the scenes.

Rich is a finesser. And Klutch for sure is shady and doing things in the media and teams in the best interest of their #1 client. Bron

That said, the good ole boys HATE black people encroaching and taking power in ways they’ve done before (often much more nefarious too). So there is vitriol and flat out racism against Klutch and Rich Paul/Bron. It’s obvious. And it’s nasty.

Both of these things can be true @ballinsam23 word to what dacomeup dacomeup is getting out. He just giving the brother a benefit of the doubt. But we know what the underlying factor is.

N_ sold good out the trunk if his car. You KNOW he a elite finesser

The field that agents play in has always been dirty, always been shady dealings a degree. Ya'll think the **** with AD and these lil situations is shady. :lol:

**** is nothing compared to Drew Rosenhaus, Josh Luchs and some of these other dudes but of course a young black man having some power is looked at as damn near illegal. Oh these white folks big mad. Somebody that comes from the same background as the players, can speak their language. He got a cheat code but it's not really a cheat, he just doing him. Of course Rich is gonna play the game and have a couple players unhappy, comes with the territory. Son got over 25 clients.

The field that agents play in has always been dirty, always been shady dealings a degree. Ya'll think the **** with AD and these lil situations is shady. :lol:

**** is nothing compared to Drew Rosenhaus, Josh Luchs and some of these other dudes but of course a young black man having some power is looked at as damn near illegal. Oh these white folks big mad. Somebody that comes from the same background as the players, can speak their language. He got a cheat code but it's not really a cheat, he just doing him. Of course Rich is gonna play the game and have a couple players unhappy, comes with the territory. Son got over 25 clients.

What makes it even nastier is that they're playing the game by throwing dirt on him for moving how they move. As soon as somebody that don't look like them start getting an upper hand, they act like they are years removed from it. They're just trying to set up a distraction while they move the goalposts.

Never heard anybody say Bill Duffy, Arn Tellem, Aaron Mintz, Mark Bartelstein or Jeff Schwartz were bad for the sport. I just can’t vibe with that take at all. There’s no both sides on this one for me, unless it’s a larger critique of how agents in general wield too much power and don’t offer enough utility for the sport. Sure, I’m with that.

Say that. I'm sorry, but I ain't hearing none of that other ****.
We all know why them folks feel the way they do and constantly throw dirt on his name.
Save it :lol: He's literally doing what they been doing forever.
Not to say everything he does is correct, but the game is the game.

Say that. I'm sorry, but I ain't hearing none of that other ****.
We all know why them folks feel the way they do and constantly throw dirt on his name.
Save it :lol: He's literally doing what they been doing forever.
Not to say everything he does is correct, but the game is the game.

I laugh when I hear all this "Oh Rich is controlling the narrative, he's manipulating everybody!"

**** outta here. Even if he is still, **** outta here.

Drew was on ESPN on a weekly basis doing interviews, doing rants for YEARS controlling the media and got celebrated. Every single offseason from like 05 until recent years with AB a Drew Rosenhaus client was holding out for more money/asking for trades/creating a circus.

I'm not knocking Drew, he was fighting for his guys but we not about to all of a sudden change the rules once a brotha learn the game and outsmart everybody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom