2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
If MJ or Kobe had done the same things as Kidd, they’d be getting praised for being “true competitors.” It seems to matter more who says/does certain things vs the actions themselves.

Guys are mad because he made them practice on christmas? Is this what I’m reading? Sanders was so out of shape and not properly hydrated that he had to go to the hospital? Non-story.

If MJ or Kobe had done the same things as Kidd, they’d be getting praised for being “true competitors.” It seems to matter more who says/does certain things vs the actions themselves.

Guys are mad because he made them practice on christmas? Is this what I’m reading? Sanders was so out of shape and not properly hydrated that he had to go to the hospital? Non-story.
For a second I thought you were referring to Kidd beating his wife. :ohwell:

Would any of you other Knicks fans like to take me up on the Cs winning more games than the Knicks this year bet? Just trying to make some more easy money while we are kind of on the topic.
Never seen someone so desperate to give his money away

They must love you at the strip clubs on Yawkey Way

Boston, Massachusetts. :rofl:

We just need some of that authentic NY BBQ and we'll be straight :nthat:

fette-sau-BBQ.jpg

Ehhh I’m not sure about that. Folks KNEW the deal but were looking at MJ a little funny in the light after some of his antics that were formally documented in The Last Dance so I don’t think he’d get praised for doing what Kidd did as a coach.

If we’re going to keep it a buck, I feel a lot people think of MJ as the GOAT on the court but personally view him as a hyper-competitive, cutthroat, degenerate gambling, binge drinking a-hole :lol: Kobe copied MJ’s while flow so it’s the same minus the gambling and drinking.

I just don’t think anyone can get away with stuff like what Kidd did as a coach in this era especially if you’re not winning championships.

"What do you call someone who only speaks one language?"

"American." -Jonathan Kuminga

I felt that

I love traveling but feel like an ******* when I go abroad for this exact reason. I will usually get WiFi on the plane and Google some key phrases or things I know I’ll have to ask but some of my OG colorway colleagues are soooo flagrant with not trying. Straight up making Americans look bad and ignorant :smh: :lol:

One thing I also find funny about going abroad is that during the Bush and Trump administrations when having conversations with locals you automatically get judged then when they get comfortable they eventually ask “What the hell all y’all got going on over there to elect that man as your leader?” :lol:

I love traveling but feel like an ******* when I go abroad for this exact reason. I will usually get WiFi on the plane and Google some key phrases or things I know I’ll have to ask but some of my OG colorway colleagues are soooo flagrant with not trying. Straight up making Americans look bad and ignorant :smh: :lol:

One thing I also find funny about going abroad is that during the Bush and Trump administrations when having conversations with locals you automatically get judged then when they get comfortable they eventually ask “What the hell all y’all got going on over there to elect that man as your leader?” :lol:

I was visiting France a few years ago and was Choppin’ it up with a few locals…one dude asked me “american?”. I nodded and he jokingly said “omg be careful he’s gonna shoot you with his gun” :lol:

I think this thread is like the Modern Day Player Haters Ball. Folks really revel in the downfall and/or failure of teams that consistently make the conference finals/NBA finals. Lakers at the start of the decade, LeBron teams in general, Warriors and now it’s the C’s who really only had moderate success in comparison to the others.

Crazy part is, I think the Celtics fan contingent on here is generally humble and realistic with their expectations and assessment of their team. If anything, I feel fans of the other 29 teams are the ones that hyped up the team and created lofty expectations for a young team and coach. Idk, the turn is just expeditious but they also have turned over a lot of their roster, coaching staff and FO in just like 3-4 years so I’m not sure what folks expected.

You’re right.

I’m just happy that Tatum and Brown are here man. It’s been stressful and fun at the same time rooting for this team despite the fact that from like 2014-2017, they won games they weren’t supposed to win. Add to the fact that NO ONE wants to play here regardless if some people say “Ainge must package these picks with that for player X” blah blah blah, or the team has cap space or whatnot. It’s a player-empowered/driven league whether we, Boston fans, like it or not, so whoever falls in our laps, we good :pimp:. I can’t speak about the IT situation because I love the dude but a lot of convoluted **** happened and it made a lot of things complicated.

Media here doesn’t help AT ALL (bunch of miserable dudes)

I was visiting France a few years ago and was Choppin’ it up with a few locals…one dude asked me “american?”. I nodded and he jokingly said “omg be careful he’s gonna shoot you with his gun” :lol:
Last time I was back in Lucia someone seriously asked me how many mass shootings had I survived. :lol: :smh:

I chuckled and said it is not that wild

Then they said "Didn't you tell me before that when you were in high school there was a sniper on the loose killing folk, and you had to hide behind cars walking to your bus"

Everyone was like "WTF :wow:"

I laughed but at the same time it really hit me how all desensitized I am to America's ******* with guns

I know the tweet was a joke but this actually sounds like something Schröder would actually try to make a request for, though :lol:

I’m drawing a blank but haven’t players who had their number retired granted permission to a new addition to the team to wear it? I’m not sure if it was HS, NCAA, NBA or NFL but I thought this has happened before. Or maybe I’m thinking of someone whose number wasn’t retired yet giving permission.

Last time I was back in Lucia someone seriously asked me how many mass shootings had I survived. :lol: :smh:

I chuckled and said it is not that wild

Then they said "Didn't you tell me before that when you were in high school there was a sniper on the loose killing folk, and you had to hide behind cars walking to your bus"

Everyone was like "WTF :wow:"

I laughed but at the same time it really hit me how all desensitized I am to America's ****ery with guns

yup. I’m sure lots of folks outside of America view us as some Wild West land of savages and filled with a bunch of idiots :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom