2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilarious.

Especially coming from a Celtics fan
You guys have been completely irrelevant for like a decade. I don't hate the Knicks at all. Don't really have any reason to.

All I said was that I was here for the laughs from the fanbase. Didn't realize y'all were so sensitive :lol:

You guys have been completely irrelevant for like a decade. I don't hate the Knicks at all. Don't really have any reason to.

All I said was that I was here for the laughs from the fanbase. Didn't realize y'all were so sensitive :lol:
Wrong.

We've absolutely sucked but have always been more relevant than the Boston Celtics.

That's an absolute fact

Oh so now we're going from disaster to "not working out so hot." :lol:

Goalposts have been re positioned.
Disaster refers to three moves that I specifically outlined in bulleted format. Which I welcome you to review again.

Wrong.

We've absolutely sucked but have always been more relevant than the Boston Celtics.

That's an absolute fact

3mb543.png

MODERATELY SIZED C’s and KNICKS THREAD
Knicks fans win one playoff game in 8 years and then sign an injured point guard and their fans start popping off. I'm here for the laughs though :lol:
Celtics fans talking greasy like they will even make the playoffs this year :rofl:
Spicy in here, North Eastern style… :lol:

Looks like Celtics vs. Knicks is going to the featured NT NBA rivalry of the 2021-2022 season.

And I’m here for it :smokin :lol: But in all seriousness, there seems to a significant uptick in Celtics slander and a lot of revisionist history now that it looks they might have a down year. Interesting.

Aren't those literally the "certain things" though

What were the other things? :lol:
Other things are the disappointing using of draft picks, Ainge and Stevens not working out.

Certain things just means we all know this isn’t where Celtics fans expected the team to end up after all that hype.

And we ALL heard the hype, can’t run from that.

What picks should they have made with their two #14's and mid 20's picks?
They should have packaged the firsts to improve the roster long before having to use them in the mid rounds. And they had plenty of opportunities to do that.

Basically you’re saying it’s fine that all those picks Ainge was stockpiling essentially ended up worthless….
Not okay. Boston should have way more depth around the Jays than they do.

I think this thread is like the Modern Day Player Haters Ball. Folks really revel in the downfall and/or failure of teams that consistently make the conference finals/NBA finals. Lakers at the start of the decade, LeBron teams in general, Warriors and now it’s the C’s who really only had moderate success in comparison to the others.

Crazy part is, I think the Celtics fan contingent on here is generally humble and realistic with their expectations and assessment of their team. If anything, I feel fans of the other 29 teams are the ones that hyped up the team and created lofty expectations for a young team and coach. Idk, the turn is just expeditious but they also have turned over a lot of their roster, coaching staff and FO in just like 3-4 years so I’m not sure what folks expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom