2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell me about the last time you saw the Knicks win an NBA Championship.

Share your memories with me my boy!

I know Clinton missed it cause he went to his pops play piano, poor kid

all 3.jpg

I’d rather be a trade partner in the Dame trade that somehow lands Wiseman through a multi team blockbuster trade.

Thought Melo should’ve considered the Knicks bench, but he’ll have a bigger role & “buddy” said it’s time. Maybe he’ll still be productive next year.

Renee Montgomery's exuberance and screeching for Jalen Suggs' dunk was a much needed laugh for me. :lol:

I mean… if Gordon didn’t break his ankle 5 mins into the season maybe **** would’ve worked out but it didn’t… welp.

Ainge made so many questionable moves but TRADING for Kyrie? Had to be done. ALL GMs would’ve pulled the trigger on that one. People just didn’t have a clearer picture of what Kyrie’s intentions were in getting out of Cleveland (big picture-wise), and then all hell broke loose when he got to Boston.

Oh well, water under the bridge.
Never said the all ideas were bad, lots of bad luck. Part of the point though.

Curse, lol. Do you believe in the undead and extra-terrestrials?

The ECF means you're a top 4 team. Not terrible. No it's not a championship which is the goal, but if making the ECF with one of the youngest squads in the league a handful of times within a 5 year span is a sign of a curse, the witches are doing a whack job and letting the Celtics off the hook.

-Kyrie wasn't a "signing."
-Kemba wasn't a "disaster." All-star his first year, made ECF and then COVID/Bubble. He's just too small and gets abused on defense.
-Hayward, sure. Freak injury.
-Their first round picks post J's: 14, 26, 30, 14, 22, 27. Yeah how'd they not net a superstar out of that? :lol:
Romeo, Rob and Nesmith will probably all be worth their draft slot. Probably Pritchard too. Unfortunately when a team is doing well, they typically don't get a lottery pick.
-Ainge and Stevens were a good GM and good coach. Never the best. Only ones putting them on some phantom pedestal were the NT extremists.
Yeah I believe in extraterrestrials, you don’t? Most likely they exist considering the size of the universe.

1. Signing a max player and having to give up a first to get rid of him two years later is a disaster. When he only gives you one productive season. Yes.

2. I never said they should get superstars with those picks. What they should get is some contributors, the return on those picks has been laughably small. Maybe one of Romeo or Nesmith becomes a reliable bench player. Maybe. More realistically they should have packaged the picks to make actual improvements to the team sooner instead of drafting more wings.

3. It’s never just been NT who made those statements about Ainge and Stevens.

4. OK the Kyrie TRADE was a disaster. Now that you’ve corrected my semantics…

Imagine going from competing about the number of championships with the Lakers to gloating about draft picks and your front office then having the "best" young core in the league to hating on the Knicks :rofl:
It’s like going from the penthouse to talking about your box is the same size as the bum next door.

At no point did I bring up the Knicks though. I’m not a homer so if anything I’m too negative on them.

These folks can’t admit certain things didn’t work out so hot, though :ohwell:. Lashing out and stuff.

Sad, sad state of affairs out there in beantown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom