2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't mean a dang thing. I remember when Carmelo Anthony was out of the league and giving interviews on ESPN literally begging teams to give an opportunity and LeBron didn't have any of his teams give melo a spot.

LeBron will do all the rah rah, pom pom waving on social media but I don't think IT will get a roster spot on the Lakers.

He will, just 2 years later

I'm from Mississippi so Monta Ellis has my support! Come back to the league king!!!
monta3.gif

Knicks gave out nothing but team friendly contracts that are ready to be traded at a moment’s notice. Even Randle can be dealt.

This doesn't mean a dang thing. I remember when Carmelo Anthony was out of the league and giving interviews on ESPN literally begging teams to give an opportunity and LeBron didn't have any of his teams give melo a spot.

LeBron will do all the rah rah, pom pom waving on social media but I don't think IT will get a roster spot on the Lakers.
That’s a little different. He was saying one thing, but nobody believed Melo actually wanted to come off the bench, he still didn’t show that until this past season.

If he was still insisting on starting he’d be out of the league like Iverson. Now he has a few more years left as long as that 3 ball stays around 40%

Knicks should of signed Schroeder over Kemba, Schroeder trash but at least he can still play.

Kemba Walker is like a rapper who just does podcast, and dont release no new music.

In basketball terms, that means he useless on the court.

That’s a little different. He was saying one thing, but nobody believed Melo actually wanted to come off the bench, he still didn’t show that until this past season.

If he was still insisting on starting he’d be out of the league like Iverson. Now he has a few more years left as long as that 3 ball stays around 40%

There's literally no room for him to play unless he wants to ride the bench.

Russ/Nunn/THT/Monk/Ellington/Bazemore.

You’re slowly but surely starting to see the light. There is hope for you after all.

a player is your peer. You’ll always listen to him before a coach. He runs sprints too. UD is in tip top shape. He adds more value to the team IMO then a 23 year old you’re not going to play. He been in the trenches

What does the 15th man on the roster contribute? Kostas Antetokounmpo gave the Lakers 8 more total points than Udonis Haslem gave the Heat last year.

I’d say it’s value to getting your foot in the door. Especially just catching one light, end of the bench nba bag, can change a ***** life for a few years.

UD is an impediment to that, with his guaranteed 15th roster spot.

But this new Age ****, with more opportunities to make the league/ be league adjacent than ever before. So I get there are other avenues.

Just saying, I know what a 10 day and a basketball reference page can do for a **** life/career. A roster spot on a team opens you up to the world of basketball

UD gave the Heat paycuts for a long time (especially during that Heatles era) . They compensating him for time served.

I like Jrue but dude was a 3rd option. Seems a bit high comparatively to the other guys in his tier.

I’d say it’s value to getting your foot in the door. Especially just catching one light, end of the bench nba bag, can change a ***** life for a few years.

UD is an impediment to that, with his guaranteed 15th roster spot.

But this new Age ****, with more opportunities to make the league/ be league adjacent than ever before. So I get there are other avenues.

Just saying, I know what a 10 day and a basketball reference page can do for a **** life/career. A roster spot on a team opens you up to the world of basketball

i get this but Miami is known for giving guys legit opportunities though. Duncan Robinson. Max Strauss. Gabe Vincent.

it’s teams that don’t carry the full 15. They are more so the problem to me.

I like Jrue but dude was a 3rd option. Seems a bit high comparatively to the other guys in his tier.

17/9/6/2 as a 3rd option and defensive stopper on a championship team during a playoff run is the stuff that elevates you to that tier.

It also should be noted that Kris Middleton’s 24/8/5 as a second option on a championship team is nothing to sneeze at.

Really good work by those guys. Inconsistent at times, (and not the biggest names/star power) but came through at all the biggest moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom