2021 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD: Media Day...SHENANIGANS

Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re slowly but surely starting to see the light. There is hope for you after all.

I’d say it’s value to getting your foot in the door. Especially just catching one light, end of the bench nba bag, can change a ***** life for a few years.

UD is an impediment to that, with his guaranteed 15th roster spot.

But this new Age ****, with more opportunities to make the league/ be league adjacent than ever before. So I get there are other avenues.

Just saying, I know what a 10 day and a basketball reference page can do for a **** life/career. A roster spot on a team opens you up to the world of basketball

I have a different viewpoint here. The 15th spot on the roster is for whatever the hell the owner wants to do with it. Let's keep it a buck...when we talk about opportunity...if Gelo Ball lands on a roster this year...you know damn well there are PLENTY of ****** out there who are better players and aren't memes who "deserved it". But if Mike add him to the roster...so what? :lol: Unfortunately...no one gives a **** about the guy who was waiting on the basketball reference page. Same to guy who was mad J. Cole was "taking a spot" from NBA Africa. Better tell that ***** to keep working.

Micky Arison is choosing to hand Udonis Haslem 2.5 million every year when he could hand 890K to the nobody. Clearly there's something there he values enough to keep doing so. Who am I to argue with that

That’s a little different. He was saying one thing, but nobody believed Melo actually wanted to come off the bench, he still didn’t show that until this past season.

If he was still insisting on starting he’d be out of the league like Iverson. Now he has a few more years left as long as that 3 ball stays around 40%
Poppycock Melo gladly came off the bench in Houston not his fault they set him up for failure

I'm from Mississippi so Monta Ellis has my support! Come back to the league king!!!
monta3.gif
Took a chick to the game when Lanier played at greenwood high. Lanier also had some big dude that ended up playing at Arkansas. Was a g’damn massacre.

Didn’t smash ole girl…..:frown::frown:
Anyway, naw monta gotta chill out on that comeback.

Last edited:
Have more of an issue with UD taking the spot than the HEAT giving it too him since I’m sure he knows he’s washed. But I don’t feel that strongly about it.

If he really feels like him being on the active roster is helping the organization, would be hard to turn down $2.5 million for mainly providing moral support. Maybe he just wants to say he had a 20 year NBA career and will call it quits then.

The average fan, is this comment :lol: 🤦🏾‍♂️

Jesus what a terrible take.

Dude sounds like he's still stuck in the Warriors' Great Time Out era and probably still cries about him being traded for Bogut. Which was the Warriors first legit Center in DECADES.

I enjoyed Monta on the Warriors, but when started talking about how he was one of the greats. Nah, man.

Jesus what a terrible take.

Dude sounds like he's still stuck in the Warriors' Great Time Out era and probably still cries about him being traded for Bogut. Which was the Warriors first legit Center in DECADES.

I enjoyed Monta on the Warriors, but when started talking about how he was one of the greats. Nah, man.

Not really though. Aside from last year, they've always been in the mix and made some ECF. Wouldn't really call that a curse, especially since they've done better since he left :lol:
You’re denying how much has gone wrong?

-Kyrie signing, disaster
-Hayward signing, disaster
-Kemba signing, disaster
-No first round draft picks post Jays have really panned out. (Time lord tbd)
-Ainge “best GM in the league” gone
-Stevens “best coach in the league” “promoted”

Looks like a curse to me.

Also let’s stop praising making the ECF so highly.

Poppycock Melo gladly came off the bench in Houston not his fault he played like complete trash with a million open shots, I can’t stop making excuses for this guy

Also Melo himself said he had issues with coming off the bench in Houston so this is just wrong all around.

Who were the Bulls bidding against? :lol: Worst contract signing this summer.

Yeah, it's particularly weird because at the time of the signing, very few teams had cap space. No other team could offer anywhere near as much as Chicago yet they still overpaid. I really hope that they weren't shook by the rumors that DeMar would sign for the MLE with the Lakers or Clippers. That was never going to happen

Yeah, it's particularly weird because at the time of the signing, very few teams had cap space. No other team could offer anywhere near as much as Chicago yet they still overpaid. I really hope that they weren't shook by the rumors that DeMar would sign for the MLE with the Lakers or Clippers. That was never going to happen
Makes you think tampering was ongoing and the Bulls misread the market. Then when it came time, they had to pony up.

I suppose the fact DDR is an LA kid made the Lakers/Clippers rumors somewhat more believable than they might have been, but he really didn’t make much sense for either from an on-court fit or money perspective.

Spurs should have them a decent first round pick with that trade. I imagine they throw the bag at him next year but I don’t see him stayin.

Have more of an issue with UD taking the spot than the HEAT giving it too him since I’m sure he knows he’s washed. But I don’t feel that strongly about it.

If he really feels like him being on the active roster is helping the organization, would be hard to turn down $2.5 million for mainly providing moral support. Maybe he just wants to say he had a 20 year NBA career and will call it quits then.

His "Pep Talks" Never work anyway. Dude should just take a front office position and. all it a day. ESPN hyping up him yelling at his teammates is disgusting when he doesn't contribute anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom