2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

It’s vanessa mom. Joe and pam Bryant already made it known that they don’t object to Vanessa have full /sole control of Kobe’s estate (damn shame). They likely saw this headache a mile away.

Joe and Pam Bryant were wrong for selling Kobe’s memorabilia and personal belongings without his consent. But Kobe and his father were seen together prior to his death.

but it’s crazy to me how vanessa’s extended family has been taken care of by Kobe. And for future generations.

Last edited:
I dont hate the supermax and all, but if DAaron Fox can get 5yr 198Ms, i know we have to break Shai's generously above average but still not all that *** off. I mean Ingrahm could st least argue he made an all star game so he deserves it I guess but we gon be like Oprah outchea just giving everybody 200Ms.

I hear you for the most part but it's Vanessa's Mom who's suing, not Kobe's.

It'd be different if they were but I would imagine that Kobe's folks are good in that regard
It’s vanessa mom. Joe and pam Bryant already made it knownthey don’t object to Vanessa have full /sole control of Kobe’s estate (damn shame).

Joe and Pam Bryant we’re wrong for selling Kobe’s memorabilia and personal belongings without his consent. But Kobe and his father were seen together prior to his death.

but it’s crazy to me how vanessa’s extended family has been taken care of by Kobe. And for future generations.

My bad guys, I had a long night and skimmed the heading - wrongly assumed it was Bean's parents.

Seems like Kobe was taking care of his mother-in-law, honestly don't see why she doesn't live with Vanessa seeing as Kobe had 2 infants prior to his passing. :frown::frown::frown:

I dont hate the supermax and all, but if DAaron Fox can get 5yr 198Ms, i know we have to break Shai's generously above average but still not all that *** off. I mean Ingrahm could st least argue he made an all star game so he deserves it I guess but we gon be like Oprah outchea just giving everybody 200Ms.

I liked what Moheezy Moheezy mentioned about limited a player's cap hit against the salary cap even if he gets paid the supermax so a team can give a player the most he can get and not be crippled filling out the rest of the roster. I just feel like there are avenues to get players more money and stop running into situations where owners are absolved of cutting costs.

isn't that already the case? with the exception of giannis, the nba news cycle boils down to which big market is going to get the next disgruntled star player from a small market team?

I understand the impact of removing the salary cap and agree it might not be the best method to deal with the current state of affairs but I really, really, hate the the discussions generally get centered around "X player doesn't deserve this super max contract" or "if X cared about winning, he'd take less money". We need to collectively shift the discussion to how we can get owners to spend more for the players.

I'm pro-player. I want all the players getting bags from these owners who really just have an nba team as a play toy on the side. The majority of owners are billionaires with generational wealth who, with the help of the salary cap/luxury tax/repeater tax etc, fool fans into thinking the owners can't afford to pay the players top dollars.

Ehhh a lot of this comes down to optics, perception and goodwill. These aren't factory workers we're talking about. We're talking about millionaire athletes taking their annual salaries from $30m to $45m. I'm pro player too but even I have my limits. NBA players have probably the best deal out of any pro athletes. Not only do they have guaranteed contracts where they can break their leg and still collect every dime of their contract but star players forced their way out of situation if they don't like. NBA players have it pretty good.

Also, like you mentioned the NBA already has the competitive balance issues with a soft cap. The difference between a good GM and a bad GM is the ability to find good value players who don't make a lot of money, Managing the salary cap and making good trades. With no salary cap, the NBA would become like the English Premier League we're the only difference between good teams and bad teams is a rich owner.

I don't think Giannis is cutthroat enough to leave and the Bucks organization knew it. The bucks have proven to be cheap in the past, they didn't start opening up their pocketbook until they fell to the pressure of Giannis leaving. My fear is that now that they have him locked up long-term, they're going to go back to being cheap and Giannis will never win a title there. He should have gone the LeBron route and continue to sign 1+1 deals to keep pressure on the organization.

Giannis has the mentality that he "owes" The Bucks and the City of Milwaukee championship and that it's his own fault that they haven't won in the past when that's not entirely the case. Giannis can definitely improve but I don't think he's had elite talent around him.

Lol at "fairly wide open"

538 should be out of business based on this alone from the bubble playoffs

I have no idea if their predictions are any good but this was so egregious lol

5043C30C-BB21-42C5-8F2B-0BD05C69C72F.jpeg

That Gobert stuff is messy.

Giving him a supermax will be a weight on utah for years...but then idk who they can spend that money on anyways.

Ehhh a lot of this comes down to optics, perception and goodwill. These aren't factory workers we're talking about. We're talking about millionaire athletes taking their annual salaries from $30m to $45m. I'm pro player too but even I have my limits.

We're not talking about the same thing. You're talking about "millionaire athletes taking their annual salaries from $30m to $45m". I'm talking about billionaire owners adding 50Ms to their pockets every year and telling fans they can't afford to keep players/players should take paycuts to win.

The league’s average revenue per team for the 2018-19 season was $292 billion, up 10%. Operating income set a record at $70 million per team. Six teams earned more than $100 million, led by the Los Angeles Lakers at $178 million. The Oklahoma City Thunder were the only team to lose money on an operating basis with a loss of $23 million thanks to a $61 million luxury tax bill on their high payroll.

Also, like you mentioned the NBA already has the competitive balance issues with a soft cap. The difference between a good GM and a bad GM is the ability to find good value players who don't make a lot of money, Managing the salary cap and making good trades. With no salary cap, the NBA would become like the English Premier League we're the only difference between good teams and bad teams is a rich owner.

I've already acknowledged issues with the salary cap itself and that outright abolishing it may not be the fix. My issue is that player's salaries are artificially capped but they revenue they generate for owners isn't.

O ok, I like Orlando...Cool city and get to see my squad if im there, shout out Pine Hills and my rican mamis :evil:

Bet, might holla at you whenever they let fans back...Gotta catch a game and hit Wall st.
Yup, Orlando is super underrated, the women :nthat:. I miss it, I’m only here for work. Haven’t been to a game at the Amway in years.

My bad guys, I had a long night and skimmed the heading - wrongly assumed it was Bean's parents.

Seems like Kobe was taking care of his mother-in-law, honestly don't see why she doesn't live with Vanessa seeing as Kobe had 2 infants prior to his passing. :frown::frown::frown:
Kobe fully embraced vanessas side of the family due to the way things played out with his own parents.

and he took REALLY GOOD CARE of them

mans but like 3 houses in newport for them to live in. one up in pelican hill

this is just me speculating but them houses are at least 20 years old and have gone up in value, and i could the mom tryna cash out on the home
a home she was allowed to live in but was not given to her.
lady was on univision telling her sob story man....nah she aint entitled to ish anymore

:smh:

It’s vanessa mom. Joe and pam Bryant already made it known that they don’t object to Vanessa have full /sole control of Kobe’s estate (damn shame). They likely saw this headache a mile away.

Joe and Pam Bryant were wrong for selling Kobe’s memorabilia and personal belongings without his consent. But Kobe and his father were seen together prior to his death.

KHUFU KHUFU layziegunts layziegunts DCBatman DCBatman

We're not talking about the same thing. You're talking about "millionaire athletes taking their annual salaries from $30m to $45m". I'm talking about billionaire owners adding 50Ms to their pockets every year and telling fans they can't afford to keep players/players should take paycuts to win.

I've already acknowledged issues with the salary cap itself and that outright abolishing it may not be the fix. My issue is that player's salaries are artificially capped but they revenue they generate for owners isn't.

I've stated many times that the best way to have competitive balance in the league is to get rid of max salaries all together but maintain the salary cap. Star players would make much closer to their true value (top 10 players would make $60m+) but it would be much harder for star players to team up because teams could only afford one or two superstars. The reason this would never happen is because the bottom 90% of the league would get screwed over.

Back
Top Bottom