2020-21 NBA Offseason thread: Officially a wrap

Thybulle slander on a Thursday

e35.jpeg

My man even got pants on.

True professional.

Lol. It’s a true thing about being a true professional. The game Nick Saban missed due to Covid, he went with a full suit for the post game interview at home.

Gonna watch this one. Interested if they touch on that interview he had with Malone after Jordan hit the shot. You could tell Malone was irked with his questions.

Thigh-bull gets gassed because he’s likable and innocent off court. On court he still has All NBA defense potential but that’s gonna take time

he’s a keeper just so Tobias can keep bullying him :nthat:

Thigh-bull gets gassed because he’s likable and innocent off court. On court he still has All NBA defense potential but that’s gonna take time

he’s a keeper just so Tobias can keep bullying him :nthat:

his bubble vlogs are the only reason I know who he is :lol:

get well soon bro. I was sleeping like 14 hours a day for a few days so make sure you get your rest and hydrate

Appreciate it. Looking back, I should have known I had it when I slept 13 hours the other day. I thought it was just a flu since my initial test came back negative.

Bigger rosters, way more variability in the game in general.

The NBA would die between the coasts with no cap.

isn't that already the case? with the exception of giannis, the nba news cycle boils down to which big market is going to get the next disgruntled star player from a small market team?

I understand the impact of removing the salary cap and agree it might not be the best method to deal with the current state of affairs but I really, really, hate the the discussions generally get centered around "X player doesn't deserve this super max contract" or "if X cared about winning, he'd take less money". We need to collectively shift the discussion to how we can get owners to spend more for the players.

I'm pro-player. I want all the players getting bags from these owners who really just have an nba team as a play toy on the side. The majority of owners are billionaires with generational wealth who, with the help of the salary cap/luxury tax/repeater tax etc, fool fans into thinking the owners can't afford to pay the players top dollars.

Her own Mom is suing her the same year she lost her husband and daughter??

Not aware of all the details but thats some grimey **** regardless man :smh:

First time I've ever heard of a grandmother feeling entitled to financial compensation simply for taking care of her grandchildren :stoneface:

Yep. It’s gonna get messy.
No decorum at all.

Damn everybody believes now.

SMH.

Her own Mom is suing her the same year she lost her husband and daughter??

Not aware of all the details but thats some grimey **** regardless man :smh:

First time I've ever heard of a grandmother feeling entitled to financial compensation simply for taking care of her grandchildren :stoneface:

Not sure how I feel about this one. At the televised funeral it was kind of disrespectful to have his parents on the sidelines. Granted there was some tension between Kobe and his parents but it seems that stems from some issues they might've had with the wife and how she and Kobe met, got together, etc...

FWIW, Kobe never mentioned anything about his parents treating him poorly growing up and his early league photos show genuine affection for them. Maybe I'm old school but I think we have a responsibility to look after our parents in their older age relative to our incomes. The $5M number is on the high side but that's just their lawyer pitching a stupidly high number so that a more 'reasonable' amount can be reached. Other NBA stars also look after their parents too.

The wife has also several lawsuits of her own going on, so she's a bit shrewd and/or has a good lawyer hence the leaks.

Not sure how I feel about this one. At the televised funeral it was kind of disrespectful to have his parents on the sidelines. Granted there was some tension between Kobe and his parents but it seems that stems from some issues they might've had with the wife and how she and Kobe met, got together, etc...

FWIW, Kobe never mentioned anything about his parents treating him poorly growing up and his early league photos show genuine affection for them. Maybe I'm old school but I think we have a responsibility to look after our parents in their older age. The $5M number is on the high side but that's just their lawyers pitching a stupidly high number so that a more 'reasonable' amount can be reached. Other NBA stars also look after their parents too.

The wife has also several lawsuits of her own going on, so she's a bit shrewd and/or has a good lawyer hence the leaks.
I hear you for the most part but it's Vanessa's Mom who's suing, not Kobe's.

It'd be different if they were but I would imagine that Kobe's folks are good in that regard

Back
Top Bottom