2019 NFL Discussion Thread: StaXX talking to himself

Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been arguing against ABen's HOF candidacy for many many years. I will say that in recent years, Ben has definitely improved his case. I just have a really hard time saying someone is a Hall of Fame lock who has has been a fringe top 5 QB in his best years and much much lower in the other years. The Hall of Fame is reserved for the best of the best. I dont believe Ben is that.

Been arguing against ABen's HOF candidacy for many many years. I will say that in recent years, Ben has definitely improved his case. I just have a really hard time saying someone is a Hall of Fame lock who has has been a fringe top 5 QB in his best years and much much lower in the other years. The Hall of Fame is reserved for the best of the best. I dont believe Ben is that.

while i agree with you, the HOF has become more than just the best of the best. so he'll get in, along with the Eli's of the world that just stick around and accumulate stats while being mediocre

I know y’all don’t like Ben but you’re severely underrating his resume.

Top 10 all time in yards, touchdowns, completions, completion %, QBR, etc. Everything that matters.

Multiple Super Bowls, handful of conference championship appearances, in the playoffs every year. Granted the AFC made that easier but dude has won ALOT. 6th all time with wins I’m seeing.

Doesn’t matter what you think about him as a person. If we talking about being a QB, if he’s not a HOF then wtf would you need to do to get in.

He’s absolutely a hall of famer and rightfully so.

ben being a rapist has nothing to do with my HOF view. i think with the current standards of the HOF, he absolutely belongs. i just think the HOF is too easy on QBs if we're assuming the 2004 class all gets in

ben being a rapist has nothing to do with my HOF view. i think with the current standards of the HOF, he absolutely belongs. i just think the HOF is too easy on QBs if we're assuming the 2004 class all gets in

I assumed we were just talking about Ben. And if you don’t think he’s a hall of famer the only thing I can see that would make someone think that is how they feel about him as a person.

Should Eli and Rivers get in is a different discussion. Ben being one isn’t a discussion though.

If rivers wins it all this year does it lock him in?

Rather do you think it should lock him in in your opinion.

He is good at eluding rape cases. No doubt about that.

while i agree with you, the HOF has become more than just the best of the best. so he'll get in, along with the Eli's of the world that just stick around and accumulate stats while being mediocre
most fans gotta realize their standards are alot higher (and biases probably less influencing) than the voters themselves these days

Last edited:
This all just comes to Eli again like it always does because he’s career is so weird. He’s been playing forever so he’s top 10 in everything. Got the Super Bowls obviously. But what throws a wrench into everything is watching him ******* play. And he’s never been MVP caliber once. Where on the flip side someone like Favre who played forever and had a ton of Eli Manning seasons, he at least had 3-5 MVP caliber seasons.

Tbh Eli is like the one person where people disregard ring culture and numbers. Logically you’d think he should be in. He’s also top 10 in everything with Super Bowls. He’s got everything Rivers has and more even if Rivers wins it all this year. Surprisingly Eli has the same amount of interceptions as Brees.

Rivers is top 10 in everything as well. Honestly now that I think about it just throw all 3 in and be done with it. I’d be fine with it.

Just went back looked at the madness in here

gladbron.png

matt ryan will be top 7 in everything when he's done

Well **** what are the guidelines. Do you need 1 super bowl with it? 1 super bowl no matter what across the board? He has an MVP. Tbh he’s been very damn good.

If you’re top 10 in everything all-time then you are top 10 in everything all-time. It’s hard to discredit that.

For the record, I know that Ben will make it. I just dont think he should.

IMO, Ben's clear best season was 2014. At best, he was the 3rd best QB in the NFL that season. No other season of his career would I rank him that high. I get the point some of you are making that we have higher standards for the HOF than a lot of the voters do. But it makes very little sense to me that someone who was outside the best of the best for almost every season of his career (and most seasons FAR outside the best of the best), is a HOF lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom