2019 NFL Discussion Thread: StaXX talking to himself

Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well **** what are the guidelines. Do you need 1 super bowl with it? 1 super bowl no matter what across the board? He has an MVP. Tbh he’s been very damn good.

If you’re top 10 in everything all-time then you are top 10 in everything all-time. It’s hard to discredit that.

I personally value an MVP season more than a ring when it comes to judging individual greatness. Especially rings like the ones Ben Roethlisberger has, where he basically Alex Smithed his way to those 2 rings.

I think the main thing people should take away from this convo is that rings aren’t the end all be all in evaluating someone’s individual talent/impact or how their career should be rememebred. Ben and Eli and you can throw Flacco in there are champions and have had really high highs in their careers but also have had some wild lows and haven’t been consistently good over their careers. Compare that to guys like Rivers and Ryan guys that for the most part have been consistently good over the course of their careers. They have had some highs (Ryan got a MVP in there) but maybe not as high as Eli’s, Ben and Flacco’s highs some seasons but they have had highs arguably better than those dudes in other seasons but won’t be remembered cause they aren’t champions. Rivers and Ryan’s Lows haven’t been as the lows we’ve seen from Eli, Ben and Flacco too. So what should be valued more? Being consistently good to very good over the course of a career but never being a champion versus being inconsistent but had some great highs and are a champion which over shadow the bad seasons in some people’s minds. Who gets into the HOF? I dunno but I know it’s a black and white discussion

Did I miss the NT Drama?!
tumblr_npnpwfKoh31saykaxo1_400.gif

Wonder if the 9ers would let Nick Mullens go for the low low. :nerd:
I doubt it. If he has solid outings for the rest of the season. I would like to think he'd be considered as Jimmy G's backup.

In regards to CJ Beathard, they should give him up for the low lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom