2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Just because you have googled and researched more than others in here, doesn't make you the end all of material expertise. Do you know what your talking about? Yes, you do. But no one is ignorant for simply countering an observation of yours. My pair is worn and the durabuck shine to me on my pair is a result of overuse of water repellant. Could I be wrong, yeah. And if I am, then cool. Questioning peoples intelligence is not. There are several pics you posted to prove your point. Awesome. The 91 original had a shine that no other pair had. The 7s come close. At least my pair does for whatever reason. The DS pairs you posted look very different then mine do. Ive seen all your pics of the 91s.
I mentioned intelligence because Sak refuted every point I made without evidence. He didn’t even explain why he disagreed, he just does. I’m a researcher by nature and have done so for many things outside of sneakers. My intelligence comment was out of line, but responses I’ve been getting from others is very annoying. Sak has been known for years to do stuff like that with many different people.

If I make a statement about something, provide proof and examples, what does it matter what I claim to be or not be? Does that make what I said wrong? If the answer is no, explain all the rebuttals instead of just calling me a “know it all”

Why do these debates always come up with every retro? It never fails even though we know there will never be a 1:1 retro. JB is chuckling at us.

Someone asks for a OG detail. Someone either denies it was there, or argues against it needing to return.
It's a moot point because none of us have control over it. I'm not saying it should not be brought up, but these same debates go on and on for pages every time.

I mentioned intelligence because Sak refuted every point I made without evidence. He didn’t even explain why he disagreed, he just does. I’m a researcher by nature and have done so for many things outside of sneakers. My intelligence comment was out of line, but responses I’ve been getting from others is very annoying. Sak has been known for years to do stuff like that with many different people.

If I make a statement about something, provide proof and examples, what does it matter what I claim to be or not be? Does that make what I said wrong? If the answer is no, explain all the rebuttals instead of just calling me a “know it all”
I agree. That's why I took pics of my pair. To give my perspective. Not gonna call you a know it all, because you have proven differently. Lots of things you have posted in the past I have learned from I admit. Especially about materials used. I don't think the 2000s come close to the 91s with that detail either. Close? Maybe. But not the same. Im a 7 geek. And I want them matching my 92s, so I get it.

I’ve provided proof and examples of what I firmly believe in. There are others, such as yourselve who believe that the back material on the og are a different material but it’s is still a durabuck and that’s perfectly fine.

All the picture you provide are inconsistent. Some show a full “shiny leather”, some show slight shiny starting to occur with the durabuck, while other show a full durabuck.

I stand by what I said, the reason the back heel turns shiny is due to aging/usage of the durabuck. The back of the shoe consist of extra material to keep the support of the heel, compare to the rest of the shoe. It has a thinner durabuck material. Feel the heel compare the toebox, side and all. The heel is more harder

The way the shoe is store also affects it.

Any shoe that has durabuck material will continue to get that shiny leather on shoes like, the above 2002 black/true red 7, 2000/2007 Metallic 5, 2000 infrared. 2007 black/caro 5

I posted a picture of my 2000 infrared and it clearly shows durabuck on the heel.

Speaking of leather-like durabuck, I remember the early pairs of the 2016 Black Metallic's featured the same leather-like, contrasting collar which was way more similar to the 1990 pair than the actual release pair. On the 2016 release the durabuck on the collar is a slightly lighter tone than the rest of the shoe and has a somewhat smoother feel to it than the rest of the shoe but I think it varies by pair since its only noticeable on my left shoe.
air-jordan-5-retro-og-black-metallic-release-date-03.jpg
black-metallic-air-jordan-5-1990-original.jpg
20180409_171427_HDR-1-1.jpg

But anywho in regards to this release and staying on topic so I'm not b& from the thread, I hope they add the leatherish heel to next year's pair like the '91 pair. Not a make or break deal but it's a feature I've always liked since researching the OG's and looking at all the photos of original pair on MJ's feet and elsewhere.
air-jordan-6-OG-infrared_02.jpg

Speaking of leather-like durabuck, I remember the early pairs of the 2016 Black Metallic's featured the same leather-like, contrasting collar which was way more similar to the 1990 pair than the actual release pair. On the 2016 release the durabuck on the collar is a slightly lighter tone than the rest of the shoe and has a somewhat smoother feel to it than the rest of the shoe but I think it varies by pair since its only noticeable on my left shoe.

But anywho in regards to this release and staying on topic so I'm not b& from the thread, I hope they add the leatherish heel to next year's pair like the '91 pair. Not a make or break deal but it's a feature I've always liked since researching the OG's and looking at all the photos of original pair on MJ's feet and elsewhere.
Before ever getting on or lurking Niketalk I thought I was ocd with Jordans. Wow you guys see it all. Compliment to all by the way. I too hope that detail gets done also. Id even take a yellowed outsole look if they made everything true to the original. lol. The negative side of me sees a 2014 version minus 3m with Nike Air. I like the 2014 though. The look and shade of red. If you want to call it that. They do feel like bricks, but good insoles cure that. Anyway, well see what they decide to do. I just don't believe they see those small details as important as the rest of us.

Before ever getting on or lurking Niketalk I thought I was ocd with Jordans. Wow you guys see it all. Compliment to all by the way. I too hope that detail gets done also. Id even take a yellowed outsole look if they made everything true to the original. lol. The negative side of me sees a 2014 version minus 3m with Nike Air. I like the 2014 though. The look and shade of red. If you want to call it that. They do feel like bricks, but good insoles cure that. Anyway, well see what they decide to do. I just don't believe they see those small details as important as the rest of us.

Not gonna lie, I was never a stickler for details when it came to sneakers, Jordan's especially until I started lurking Niketalk and the Jordan Brand board years back in late middle school to freshmen year of high school I think. (I turn 18 in July) I don't mind it though. Thanks to this place I really do appreciate MJ a lot more and Tinker Hatfield as well with his timeless Air Jordan designs and Peter Moore too I believe, with the Jordan 1 & 2. It'd be fantastic if Jordan brand/Nike would actually add the leather-like heel and I wanna say a more clear/transparent and less blue outsole similar to the '91 release I think. Though even faintly yellowed I'd be down for that as well. But knowing how they tend to come close but not close enough with some of the OG releases lately, I won't hold my breath.

amazes me how many people i have seen online say "lets hope these will be varsity red like the originals and not pink"

LOL SMH

i had the originals back in 1990-91 and i can honestly say that the heel was different than the rest of the shoe. but the difference grew greater in shine/texture over time. it definitely was not the same nubuck/suede as the rest of the upper (on the blk/deep infra pair)

it was almost like a rubberized feel (for lack of better words)

Last edited:
I want to say I'm in, but I'm afraid JB is going to let me down. I will be hoping for the best.

I just wish they would make them like the originals. Shoes don't last forever. We will always want a fresh pair anyway.

air-jordan-5-retro-og-black-metallic-release-date-03-jpg.2126435

I knew something was up. I thought I was seeing things whenever Id see a pic with that heel. Or the faketories got the detail wrong from the official release.

But youre saying they exist...

How on earth would one even begin to go about searching for these?

I knew something was up. I thought I was seeing things whenever Id see a pic with that heel. Or the faketories got the detail wrong from the official release.

But youre saying they exist...

How on earth would one even begin to go about searching for these?

I'm not sure how to honestly. If I'm interpreting your question properly, I think they're pretty much unobtainable. Given Nike already had a final version of the 2016 model not long after news got out regarding them if I remember correctly, it was just another early pair that got canned as with every release.
logauaxwaxgu8ylmur9w.jpg

I don't condone nor promote fakes/early pairs and such but it makes me laugh and shake my head at the fact that the early pairs got the collar right unlike the official release.
nike-jordan-5-black-metallic-2016-3.jpg

If I had a spare pair of Black Metallic's I'd try to alter the collar to give it that leather-like sheen the og durabuck had.

But anyways back to the 6's before mods bring out the thread ban hammer on me for being off topic and such. Double up will be mandatory for these!
05326875252e481bc6b41fb118b2cc906e134ceb (2).jpg

Back
Top Bottom