2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Makes perfect sense and isn't anything new. Users have been saying for years that JB won't release 100% 1:1 retros until they absolutely have too (brand on the verge of dying, etc). Why would they when they're going to sell out regardless?

Makes perfect sense and isn't anything new. Users have been saying for years that JB won't release 100% 1:1 retros until they absolutely have too (brand on the verge of dying, etc). Why would they when they're going to sell out regardless?
This right here. I think JB is going to hold out on the 1:1 retros and use it as an ace in the hole Incase people start loosing too much interest. It’s like aqua said people will buy them anyway

:nthat:
Kindve missing my 2000 pair
Saw this on IG
AD1CBC64-1FB3-4CF3-B36B-3D01C479524E.jpeg

Rarely see these compared in natural sunlight with a photo that isn’t over saturated. Can really see the Infrared vs Deep Infrared.

Check this out, remember those Metallic 5s that were first shown in 2016 with a sheen to it? Well it turns out they were a product trial sample. This is from a sample collector. Similar to the purple maroon 6s from that Jordan remastered preview. They added the OG 5s sheen, but chose not to release it. Also, the Air Raid 8s appears to have it as well. As you all have said, they sure as hell can bring it out for the 6s.
When Pinoe first told me the news a while back, he said samples have already been made. My guess is that a sample with a sheen, and a sample that’s all flat like the 2016 met retail pair have been made. It’s okay that the metallic 5s didn’t get it, but I hope they decide to bring it out for the 6 forreal. Unlike the 2000 Metallic 5, this actually looks shiny like the OG.
E212A6EC-AD56-4DC3-A49C-593FB6D7B72D.jpeg
1F91ED98-C6D5-47FD-853E-2DE4CF05A71C.jpeg
0DB0FEB0-0B20-4FCE-BA38-B85FFE2228AA.jpeg

Y’all were correct about Jordan brand being able to produce the OG look. Guess I drank the “lost molds/designs” cool aid

Ironically, people complained about the look of 2015 Bord 7s and Aqua 8s when those were essentially the closest to OG releases we’ve had of those cws.

At a certain point, I bet they do some level of consumer market testing (even if just internal via Nike employees) to see which sample would sell better and the cost to produce (to scale) X amount of FSRs required for a GR release.

I agree, unlike the Infrared 6, the contrast upper on the metallic 5 isn’t very well known. It would’ve made us happy, but everyone else maybe not. The shoe still sat for months, so who knows

Check this out, remember those Metallic 5s that were first shown in 2016 with a sheen to it? Well it turns out they were a product trial sample. This is from a sample collector. Similar to the purple maroon 6s from that Jordan remastered preview. They added the OG 5s sheen, but chose not to release it. Also, the Air Raid 8s appears to have it as well. As you all have said, they sure as hell can bring it out for the 6s.
When Pinoe first told me the news a while back, he said samples have already been made. My guess is that a sample with a sheen, and a sample that’s all flat like the 2016 met retail pair have been made. It’s okay that the metallic 5s didn’t get it, but I hope they decide to bring it out for the 6 forreal. Unlike the 2000 Metallic 5, this actually looks shiny like the OG.
E212A6EC-AD56-4DC3-A49C-593FB6D7B72D.jpeg
1F91ED98-C6D5-47FD-853E-2DE4CF05A71C.jpeg
0DB0FEB0-0B20-4FCE-BA38-B85FFE2228AA.jpeg

Just imagine if these had a clear sole and OG 3M instead of the newer one. Slap em in the OG box and they would've been a near perfect retro of the 1990 release. Only thing that would've been off is the shape. Little upsetting to think of what easily could've been but still I'm more than happy with the retail pairs of the 2016's. They're one of the best "remastered" releases hands down.

Just imagine if these had a clear sole and OG 3M instead of the newer one. Slap em in the OG box and they would've been a near perfect retro of the 1990 release. Only thing that would've been off is the shape. Little upsetting to think of what easily could've been but still I'm more than happy with the retail pairs of the 2016's. They're one of the best "remastered" releases hands down.
Nah the milky netting still wouldnt look 'metallic' like the OG

Ironically, people complained about the look of 2015 Bord 7s and Aqua 8s when those were essentially the closest to OG releases we’ve had of those cws.

At a certain point, I bet they do some level of consumer market testing (even if just internal via Nike employees) to see which sample would sell better and the cost to produce (to scale) X amount of FSRs required for a GR release.
Exactly, look on every video about the 2019 Infrared on YouTube, and every comment section on IG, you’ll see that the Varsity Red nubuck and color what people want. OGs aren’t king anymore to anyone but the OGs

I never got mad at the remastered 3m, because they may literally not have that material anymore. The 2016 3m is just as bright, so that’s what matters

I never got mad at the remastered 3m, because they may literally not have that material anymore. The 2016 3m is just as bright, so that’s what matters

I'm not mad at it either. I actually quite like it plus it seems like they've managed to get a brightness that's very similar to the 1990/2000 release while making the material more durable and less prone to flaking and chipping.

I'm not mad at it either. I actually quite like it plus it seems like they've managed to get a brightness that's very similar to the 1990/2000 release while making the material more durable and less prone to flaking and chipping.
Exactly! ! That is a literal remastering of a detail.

I hope they bring back that cardboard look in the lining to give it that real OG look. That would be nice.

If JB were on the verge of dying a 1 of 1 retro won't bring new life to them. Not enough people care about a 1 of 1 retro, as evidenced by JB profits over the years, or it would have already happened. Just my .02 cents.

If JB were on the verge of dying a 1 of 1 retro won't bring new life to them. Not enough people care about a 1 of 1 retro, as evidenced by JB profits over the years, or it would have already happened. Just my .02 cents.

I don't believe it'll save them either if it ever got to that point :lol:

Bred 1s were the worst.. 2013s released in December 2016s released in September, they couldn’t even wait a full 3 years.

You know what's worst than that? The Black/Red Strap 1's.... I copped those and got rid of them quick. That leather was terrible. I remember copping 2000 Infared 6's and then copped the Varsity Reds in 2009. Hopefully they come correct with these new pairs. I missed out on the last release but I seen how bad the suede was on them so I didn't care. Need that plush suede. I hope they put 3M on them too

I don’t know what u guys are saying. If JB dropped some 1:1 heat like this I would triple up and they would sell out regardless. They are capable of doing it now there is literally no reason to validate them not cloning the OG, they just don’t care about what the consumer thinks typical corporation mentality. If sales where to drop they will begin to listen to the consumer they would give us what we want simple. But I’ll let you new guys tell it...:rolleyes

BFD4869A-ED5F-4F65-9285-636BE1906928.png
82A6C005-30D2-4094-AA41-0EDFAE0E958B.png

I don’t know what u guys are saying. If JB dropped some 1:1 heat like this I would triple up and they would sell out regardless. They are capable of doing it now there is literally no reason to validate them not cloning the OG, they just don’t care about what the consumer thinks typical corporation mentality. If sales where to drop they will begin to listen to the consumer they would give us what we want simple. But I’ll let you new guys tell it...:rolleyes

BFD4869A-ED5F-4F65-9285-636BE1906928.png
82A6C005-30D2-4094-AA41-0EDFAE0E958B.png
If the masses, who buy these horribly executed retros, were no longer into Jordan's, the 1 of 1 retro won't bring it back. People like yourself who don't buy now out of principle, won't be enough to bring the brand back.

Back
Top Bottom