2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
I still have my 86 Fleer MJ rookie card from back in the day, I want to get it graded but just haven't bothered. It's got one spot where it's got a crease so I know it wouldn't sell for absolute max price but it's still a nice piece of history to own. Used to love collecting cards when I was a kid.

s-l1600.jpg

michael-jordan-air-jordan-6-black-infrared-1-copy.jpg

26f3f6299ef9d955aead9899676f0357.jpg

stay_in_school.jpg

nike_fall_1991_catalog_12.jpg

Don't feel like digging up the Maroon thread so I'll ask here instead. For those of you that bought them what was the general consensus for sizing like? TTS or .5 size up? Also how are they holding up? Thinking about getting getting a pair for my birthday next month and wanted to know.

Don't feel like digging up the Maroon thread so I'll ask here instead. For thommmse of you that bought them what was the general consensus for sizing like? TTS or .5 size up? Also how are they holding up? Thinking about getting getting a pair for my birthday next month and wanted to know.

For me my only pair of Jordans I should have tried on and probably went a .5 to 1.0 size down, they
feel like boats on your feet( or some Lugz, or Timbs.). Mine have held up great (minimal yellowing & creasing my only gripe is: that I left the laces laced up, and the ! Maroon/dye from the tongue blead onto the laces , no cracking or peeling on my pair although I've (heard some others say midsole Maroon dyed areas blead too) mine have NOT. IMO one of the more underrated/slept on OG retros (some guys are gonna regret not grabbing them when they were so available, and and cheap, I doubt we see this CW for a VERY LONG TIME again... the leather was soft and butterery...but if comfort is what your looking for, these are not them. Many have said it before, and I agree they feel like walking aeound in Jordan 6 boots big and clunky. (I think its got to the Porsche heel tab, but really dont know; mine at least refuse to break in either)...mine are in my rotation, but worn alot less than others, because of the Maroon (just dont have alot ot Maroon fits to rock em with) with the the infrared 6s being confirmed & I'm sure other OG 6s being planned (crossing g fingers for carmine's). I'd bet a price drop is coming too (people dumping Maroons for Infrareds)... last I checked resale was around $200.00 and I bet they settle around $175.00 to $185.00 not bad considering retail was $220.00 or $225.00 cant remember...once infrareds and other OG colors srltart dropping they might even start going cheaper. These mean alot to ne because they were the last OG CW retro that dropped with NA. I think that'll mean something in the future.

Last edited:

Yeah, on the 2014's, the "Sockliner" was replaced with straight up stiff *** cardboard.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't care what y'all say. Those feel like you're walking on insoles, made outta cinder blocks. Top 3, most UNCOMFORTABLE shoe I've ever worn, in my 30 years on this planet. Nike/JB, went ALL the way out on the cheapness, on they're last Black Friday release. Well, before they promised to make them "Closest to the OG's as possible." What a load of BS. Outside of 1's, and 11's, the majority are still lackluster, and funny built. I mean, I know they're not gonna be exactly like the OG's, unless we all stop buying them, altogether... But God, if they don't fix the damn shape of the 4's & 6's, I'm gonna SCREAM!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyways, here's some pics of my 2000 pair, I copped back in January.

WP_20180126_17_46_49_Rich.jpg
WP_20180126_17_48_12_Rich.jpg
WP_20180126_17_50_37_Rich.jpg
WP_20180126_17_51_10_Rich.jpg
WP_20180126_17_52_06_Rich.jpg
WP_20180126_17_52_44_Rich.jpg
WP_20180128_18_12_29_Rich.jpg
WP_20180126_17_47_30_Rich.jpg

Sorry about the quality. My camera phone kept going out of focus. I took these back when I first got them. i sent them to get sole swapped shortly after. So, I'm waiting patiently to get them back. As y'all can tell from the third to last pic, the upper is fading away miserably on the toe boxes.

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

If I knew what I know now, I would've passed on em. But i'm gonna wear them anyways, so F it.

For me my only pair of Jordans I should have tried on and probably went a .5 to 1.0 size down, they
feel like boats on your feet( or some Lugz, or Timbs.). Mine have held up great (minimal yellowing & creasing my only gripe is: that I left the laces laced up, and the ! Maroon/dye from the tongue blead onto the laces , no cracking or peeling on my pair although I've (heard some others say midsole Maroon dyed areas blead too) mine have NOT. IMO one of the more underrated/slept on OG retros (some guys are gonna regret not grabbing them when they were so available, and and cheap, I doubt we see this CW for a VERY LONG TIME again... the leather was soft and butterery...but if comfort is what your looking for, these are not them. Many have said it before, and I agree they feel like walking aeound in Jordan 6 boots big and clunky. (I think its got to the Porsche heel tab, but really dont know; mine at least refuse to break in either)...mine are in my rotation, but worn alot less than others, because of the Maroon (just dont have alot ot Maroon fits to rock em with) with the the infrared 6s being confirmed & I'm sure other OG 6s being planned (crossing g fingers for carmine's). I'd bet a price drop is coming too (people dumping Maroons for Infrareds)... last I checked resale was around $200.00 and I bet they settle around $175.00 to $185.00 not bad considering retail was $220.00 or $225.00 cant remember...once infrareds and other OG colors srltart dropping they might even start going cheaper. These mean alot ro ne because they were the last OG CW ro ne dropped with NA I think that'll mean something in the future.

Wow thank you for all of that! :wow:
Yes I noticed they hadn't had a retro, let alone Nike Air retro since the original 1991 release which is why I want to snag a pair before they possibly start shooting up in price years from now. Are they around Aqua 8 (2015) level comfort? If so I can deal with that. My Aquas are pretty comfy to me when it comes to casually wearing them for a day.

Yeah, on the 2014's, the "Sockliner" was replaced with straight up stiff *** cardboard.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I don't care what y'all say. Those feel like you're walking on insoles, made outta cinder blocks. Top 3, most UNCOMFORTABLE shoe I've ever worn, in my 30 years on this planet. Nike/JB, went ALL the way out on the cheapness, on they're last Black Friday release. Well, before they promised to make them "Closest to the OG's as possible." What a load of BS. Outside of 1's, and 11's, the majority are still lackluster, and funny built. I mean, I know they're not gonna be exactly like the OG's, unless we all stop buying them, altogether... But God, if they don't fix the damn shape of the 4's & 6's, I'm gonna SCREAM!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Anyways, here's some pics of my 2000 pair, I copped back in January.

WP_20180126_17_46_49_Rich.jpg
WP_20180126_17_48_12_Rich.jpg
WP_20180126_17_50_37_Rich.jpg
WP_20180126_17_51_10_Rich.jpg
WP_20180126_17_52_06_Rich.jpg
WP_20180126_17_52_44_Rich.jpg
WP_20180128_18_12_29_Rich.jpg
WP_20180126_17_47_30_Rich.jpg

Sorry about the quality. My camera phone kept going out of focus. I took these back when I first got them. i sent them to get sole swapped shortly after. So, I'm waiting patiently to get them back. As y'all can tell from the third to last pic, the upper is fading away miserably on the toe boxes.

:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

If I knew what I know now, I would've passed on em. But i'm gonna wear them anyways, so F it.

New release or not next year you still win. 2000’s 6s are superior overall.

I will never praise the 2000 because of that upper material. Stuff doesn’t do well over time. Nubuck doesn’t look as good, but at least it lasts longer

I agree 100% man.

They went the cheap route hard, on the 2000's too. The toe boxes look terrible on my pair. The material is literally fading away. It's no wonder why @scollard23, passed on them.

The ashy Larry nubuck is just as bad. After awhile, it cracks, and peels off. This is currently happening to my 2011, Black Metallic 5's.

The 2001 Infrared 6 has always been my favorite Retro of all the early 2000’s retro models.

The materials, the fit, the cut of the shoe, the molding and shape were literally a perfect shoe to either hoop in or wear casually.

Unfortunately, most pairs became unwearable close to about 7-8 years now. But I owned about 4-5 pairs of them myself, and to this day - I still dream of the day they Retro a new pair the same exact way the 2001’s were.

zh4fbbrwtjxzl5lsoezn.jpg

bzbuzyt3qxgjzphunv70.jpg

Wow thank you for all of that! :wow:
Yes I noticed they hadn't had a retro, let alone Nike Air retro since the original 1991 release which is why I want to snag a pair before they possibly start shooting up in price years from now. Are they around Aqua 8 (2015) level comfort? If so I can deal with that. My Aquas are pretty comfy to me when it comes to casually wearing them for a day.

I don't know how you can tell the Aquas are comfortable. The technology is the same than the 6 2014, with cardboard and no air sole unit!
I don't know for the AJ 1, but the most comfortable Jordan are the 7, the 11, maybe the 13 and maybe 2018 the last shot.
If the 2019 6 infrared have 2 air sole unit, or the 8 2019 or 2020, it is alright, if not, i give up the 6/8 which are my Fav Jordan of all time!!

The 2001 Infrared 6 has always been my favorite Retro of all the early 2000’s retro models.

The materials, the fit, the cut of the shoe, the molding and shape were literally a perfect shoe to either hoop in or wear casually.

Unfortunately, most pairs became unwearable close to about 7-8 years now. But I owned about 4-5 pairs of them myself, and to this day - I still dream of the day they Retro a new pair the same exact way the 2001’s were.

zh4fbbrwtjxzl5lsoezn.jpg

bzbuzyt3qxgjzphunv70.jpg
Animal thug did you sole swap them? They look amazing. I have my pair looking similar without sole swap. I know soon they will become unwearable. Need a referral to a spot to sole swap mine.

I don't know how you can tell the Aquas are comfortable. The technology is the same than the 6 2014, with cardboard and no air sole unit!
I don't know for the AJ 1, but the most comfortable Jordan are the 7, the 11, maybe the 13 and maybe 2018 the last shot.
If the 2019 6 infrared have 2 air sole unit, or the 8 2019 or 2020, it is alright, if not, i give up the 6/8 which are my Fav Jordan of all time!!

I'm a simple guy honestly. I don't need my sneakers to feel like ultraboost in regards to comfort in order to be content with wearing them. Reason I mentioned Aqua's is because I know they're on the lower end of the comfort spectrum when it comes to Jordan's but they're only uncomfortable when I stand around in them for too long or wear them too frequently. If the Maroon 6's are similar to this I'll be content with that. I don't own nearly as many sneakers as you guys do but the 7's and 13's are without a doubt the most comfortable Jordan's to me so far. Have yet to wear my (first and only pair) of 11's yet so I can't say where I'd rank those.

By The way, here is my 1 of the 2 pairs I had that I sold last year, completely wearable. The one I have DS has hardly any yellowing. Looks bluish bottom soles.

Jordan VI.jpg
Jordan VI_2.jpg
Jordan VI_3.jpg
Although I know the new retro is not going to look anything like this one can pray lol.

got damn man it hasnt even been 5 years

hopefully they use the nubuck from the black metallic v retro and have a leather back this time with nike air

zh4fbbrwtjxzl5lsoezn.jpg

bzbuzyt3qxgjzphunv70.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^
SWEET CLAWD Animal Thug Animal Thug !!! The 2000's in just UNDS'ing condition!!!!

The Durabuck, Infrared shade, & Nike Air is just str8 SUPER.....

Tales.From.The.Hood.1995.BRRip.slam-new03.gif

:lol:

:pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp::pimp:

:nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

:smokin

I can't wait for the 2019's!!! Hopefully they come CORRECT!!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom