2019-20 New York Jets season thread. 1-4 (10/21 vs NE MNF)

So we're 100% tanking right? No way you cut Marshall and go into next year with these QBs thinking of anything else. Why would Bowles be ok with that, knowing he's out if they stink again.

Bowles is getting paid and he probably knows what the deal is.

I Bleed Jets Green‏ @bleedjetsgreen Apr 30
Not only was Connor Harris the best D-2 defensive player, he also ran for 7 tds & had a 38.8 punting average. Instant fan fave, I can see it

Cagen Cantrell‏ @CeeingTheDraft Apr 29
Somebody is going to get a steal of a signing in Connor Harris, LB, Lindenwood. Makes EVERY tackle. Guarantee he starts in a game in 2017.

Hyped to see this kid get going.

Jets did really wrong by Harris :smh: surprised about Decker but at the same time I'm not.

Gonna be a LOOOONG season. I'll watch but I'm not stressing myself like years past.

If McCown is starting tho....

Cutting Harris and Decker at this point is idiotic. They should been cut or traded in March and those positions should've been addressed in the draft or free agency with the money saved or picks acquired. Mac and this franchise seems to not have any real concrete plan.

Last edited:
The plan is to tank, with a lot of money under the cap. AKA the idizik plan, never been so uninterested in a season in I don't know how long.

Pretty asinine on Macc's end for publicly stating that if they can't find a trade partner for Decker, he'll be released. What team is going to bother trading for him when they'll have a chance to sign him :lol: .

The plan is to tank, with a lot of money under the cap. AKA the idizik plan, never been so uninterested in a season in I don't know how long.

I hear you but there's much easier ways to tank and still set yourself up for success in the future. Todd Bowles idiotic coaching decisions will lose you games. So keeping him around will for sure offer you unstable game management aka losing games by making bad decisions. If we would've cut Harris/Decker earlier, we could've taken that money into FA and gotten Jefferson and we wouldn't have had to take 2 safety's in the draft. That 2nd rounder could have been a pass rusher, CB or whatever else you wanted to get to make this team better. This also leaves you stuck having to keep Davis because we really don't have any better options at ILB. There were TONS of better options that were cheaper than Davis in free agency but we for some reason kept Harris in the building. These are really stupid decisions being made.

Pretty asinine on Macc's end for publicly stating that if they can't find a trade partner for Decker, he'll be released. What team is going to bother trading for him when they'll have a chance to sign him :lol: .

I was litrerally about to go here! He's goofed another trade! This is worse then when he was dangling Sheldon out there for a first rounder as if ANYONE in their right mind would take that nutcase for a first rounder. Now he's untradeable! SMH.

Jeff Capellini‏ @JCapWFAN Jun 6
It’s not that a total rebuild isn’t a good idea. It is. It’s that there is not a #Jets fan alive who honestly believes they’ll get it right

Bingo.

Honestly. They better draft Darnold if they're scrapping it. He's the only QB in this draft with the pocket presence/escapability, size, and other intangibles to survive the **** show that will be the rest of the offense. I lost my mind when they went defense in the 2nd and 3rd with glaring issues at every position on offense. I get the defense first mentality but even a top ranked defense is going to give up 21 to the Patriots. THEN what? You're gonna hope to win all the rest of your games 16-10?

I bet you they end up with the 4th pick and draft a D-end.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom