2019-20 New York Jets season thread. 1-4 (10/21 vs NE MNF)

Sheldon, a 2017 2nd-rounder and a 2018 draft pick I would do in a heartbeat.

View media item 2281809
Why would you give away so much value to the Pats?! Are you trying to make sure they're good for years to come? What has Jimmy shown you in that system to warrant to give away that much?! Have y'all never heard of Matt Cassle? They had TONS of players look good there and go other places and flop. Look, we need to strip this team down and rebuild through the draft! It's that simple. Look, fans need to stop thinking that we gotta make a splash move every year instead of building through the draft and keeping your team competitive for years down the line with young players.

Bowles & Maccagnan will be back next season

Also, we're locked into the 6th pick in the draft

Last edited:
Swept the Bills the wrong season :rolleyes

Bilal paired with Cook/Fournette, Tyrod in at QB with an emerged Enunwa and developing Robby Anderson and Peake. Cut the dead weight and add O-Line....

Ideally I'd like to trade back to get more picks since we need help in a lot of areas.

I think Powell is capable of being an RB1 getting 20+ touches a game. He's really good.

Our schedule should be much easier next year compared to this year's as well.

Eh, not that easy :wow:

Home

Buffalo
Miami
New England
Kansas City
San Diego
Atlanta
Carolina
Jacksonville

Away

Buffalo
Miami
New England
Denver
Oakland
New Orleans
Tampa Bay
Cleveland

Hopefully our next OC uses TE's. ASJ is solid.

The other day I read (when there were rumblings about Gailey being a goner) that they wanted to have an OC that does include the TE and focuses more on the run.

At first I didn't buy it that Gailey told Bowles he was going to retire before the season started. However, it could hold some truth and explain why they didn't bother playing Hack at all; why have him run an offense he wouldn't be learning next season and beyond?

Hopefully our next OC uses TE's. ASJ is solid.

The other day I read (when there were rumblings about Gailey being a goner) that they wanted to have an OC that does include the TE and focuses more on the run.

At first I didn't buy it that Gailey told Bowles he was going to retire before the season started. However, it could hold some truth and explain why they didn't bother playing Hack at all; why have him run an offense he wouldn't be learning next season and beyond?

Ah makes sense.

That would make sense if Gailey hadn't come out multiple times recently saying that he wanted to come back next year to try this over again after the bad season we've had. The most recent time when he said that was December 8th in a Newsday article I believe. I think Gailey was pushed out and instead of being fired he just "retired". Hack not playing has nothing to do with Gailey not being here next year. Listen to me clearly, Hack is awful! He wildly inaccurate and that's never changed since they drafted him. That leak about him "not being able to hit the ocean" has validity. Unless the work on his mechanics HEAVY this offseason (which they've really done nothing to develop him) he'll be a for sure bust. That could be the pick that gets Mac fired if he doesn't get talent in here and turn the team around in these next 2 years.

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)
For the #Jets and G Brian Winters, it's a 4-year extension worth nearly $8M per year, source said. Got a deal despite ending the year on IR

Big move. Kudos to Macc for getting this done before he hit FA, unlike the Mo extension after the fact of the market.

Best thing to happen to the Jets in a long time.

Trump out here trying to Make the Jets Great Again

Back
Top Bottom