2017 NFL Offseason Thread - jetpacunlimited enters the Witness Protection Program

Who's going to win the Super Bowl?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kansas City Chiefs

• Dallas Cowboys

• Atlanta Falcons

• Detroit Lions

• Seattle Seahawks

• New York Giants

• Green Bay Packers

• Miami Dolphins

• Pittsburgh Steelers

• Oakland Raiders

• Houston Texans

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even know if I've heard this song before.. but I saw the music video the other day, shht is hilarious:

There's good music now and trash. This has been true for every era. I will say our mainstream sucks a little more but my reasoning for that is a conspiracy theory so I'll hush lol

Naw I need to hear this. :nerd:

Before record labels just tooo whatever the hot sound is abd repackaged it into a sellable image. Manipulative? Probably but nothing too evil.

Now with all we know about marketing from studies and corporation control of music they want to promote consumerism. But you can't just say "Drink Pepsi. Eat Mcdonalds" cause it's corny and people would recognize.

So they promote excess "party every day, all day,", lowered the vocab so that is accessible to even the lowest educated listener, and the image they crafted was no longer just cute but they had to look similar for recognizability from again the lowest educated consumer.

Also if you ever notice why the songs sound a like it's cause of bpm. If you want your song to be mixed with others and bring about the same feelings sonically you create them the same. So if I work at a record label and Taylor Swift, Zayn and 5th Harmony are all on my label and dropping singles in the spring I'm gonna make sure they all sound similar so it's easier to get in the audiences head.

View media item 2304918

This man who chose DMX 1st round got the nerve to talk about staxx picks :smh:

Yup.

That album is overrated as hell. Because The Score had came out and was hot for a couple years. People liked her on The Score, I was one of them. She makes that album that was average as hell and people went for it. I've heard people say it's the best female R&B album, the best female rap album. The praise that album gets is a joke. I **** with Staxx, he knows it.

Music is getting dumber because people are also. They want everything dumbed down and simplified. Music today is garbage.

Last edited:
mainstream music.. or rap in general has always been about consumerism. Perfect example is trinidad james

The "man" signed him up from the streets, made him promote molly, profited off him, released him from the label after his hit dried out, and dumped him back in the hood.

Yup.

That album is overrated as hell. Because The Score had came out and was hot for a couple years. People liked her on The Score, I was one of them. She makes that album that was average as hell and people went for it. I've heard people say it's the best female R&B album, the best female rap album. The praise that album gets is a joke. I **** with Staxx, he knows it.

Music is getting dumber because people are also. They want everything dumbed down and simplified. Music today is garbage.

You prob like that wale song about Nike boots

I have no idea which way I wanna go with my next pick...now I know how stressed GMs be in the war room

Last edited:
I believe that conspiracy when it comes to the pop mainstream like the Swift's and Katie Perry's.

Im trying to remember where I heard it but some artist mentioned it. its just the same people who get in a room together and write the songs, make the sounds, and have artists like i mentioned hop in the studio and record it.

I believe that conspiracy when it comes to the pop mainstream like the Swift's and Katie Perry's.

Im trying to remember where I heard it but some artist mentioned it. its just the same people who get in a room together and write the songs, make the sounds, and have artists like i mentioned hop in the studio and record it.
that's well known.. they regularly talk about how certain people passed on a song before it got to 'so and so'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom