2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivers ain't elite. Never was as a player, never was as a coach.

I'm not even talking about him being a loser with regards to winning a title as a player. He's a "loser" because as a player, he never made a significant impact and was never the type of leader as a point guard that would strike fear to opponents in the postseason. In other words, dude was mediocre, which btw fits with the Clippers organization.

This ain't about a narrative. It's all about results and for the last 4-5 years, the only results that have come out of Clipperdom is one underachieving postseason after another.
*Sigh*

No comment exactly.

In sports, EVERY TEAM HAS ONE ULTIMATE GOAL- The Ring. If you don't win it, you're a loser.

The exact same "narrative" goes in individual sports. 

But I get it, those who don't have high standards are the type of people/organizations who are content with moral victories and getting to the second round. 

Would you consider Adam Morrison (A two time NBA champion) a winner? I mean... he has rings. He has more rings than Iverson, Barkley, Stockton and Malone combined. Those guys are losers, while Morrison is clearly a winner. He was only in the league for 4 seasons, and won 2 rings... talk about a winner :pimp:

What's the difference between losing in the finals and losing in the 1st round?

How you gonna hate from outside the club, you can't even get in?

When LeBron loses in the Finals, you say it's the worst thing that could happen to his legacy and it's much better to lose in an earlier round.

When CP3 loses in an earlier round, you make fun of him for not being able to reach the Finals.

[emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]

#MambaMVPlogic

Also lol at this being the highlight of your NBA season since your Lakers stink and your Westbrook got bounced in 5.

Couldn't add to his jacket this year.
mean.gif
Where you been at playa? Had to put the whole team on my back doe. 

I know the clippers were hurt and all but it's amazing to see how much they're players are worth on the open market 3 guys that would get maxed out JJ worth around 18 a year Luc who played himself to like an 8 mil contract then Crawford and rivers off the bench and not really much better than spurs Houston and Utah

Gordon Hayward finishes the series against the Clippers averaging 28/8/4 on 48/46/96 shooting excluding the game were he left cause of a bad stomach I love how he doesn't really try and force anything

When LeBron loses in the Finals, you say it's the worst thing that could happen to his legacy and it's much better to lose in an earlier round.

When CP3 loses in an earlier round, you make fun of him for not being able to reach the Finals.

[emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji][emoji]129300[/emoji]

#MambaMVPlogic

Also lol at this being the highlight of your NBA season since your Lakers stink and your Westbrook got bounced in 5.
Peep how he didn't acknowledge this :pimp:
all facts

Gordon Hayward finishes the series against the Clippers averaging 28/8/4 on 48/46/96 shooting excluding the game were he left cause of a bad stomach I love how he doesn't really try and force anything
Man the White Boy is nice

there isnt a player on the clippers roster that has the nerve to turn down 5 years 200m.

on top of that, for those saying blake and CP3 should go...go where? CP3 could go to SAS and have a better chance at a title (for way less than 40m a year)...but other than that, name a spot for both of those players that gives either blake or cp3 a legit shot at overtaking gsw or cleveland?

clippers blow it up? blowing it up is what was to be done last year if that was the play.

now...dudes are just FA and if they leave, they leave. thats not "blowing it up"

gordon hayward on boston plus hitting on a couple draft picks, they would be next in the east.

clippers gonna be stuck with a couple of terrible contracts. although i think cp3 with the right pieces would still be kinda worth it. but imagine how he'll be playing in 4 years :x

Cp might be too much of a team general to play for the spurs. Pop runs an army down there and cp may not recognize his rank. That team would be a problem if they did work it out though.

Cp and cousins on the same team would be hilarious. Can't really see him going back to NO. I think he should go to Milwaukee. The competition isn't as severe and they're one piece away from flourishing.

People always find something negative to say about a player that doesn't win a chip, no matter how good they are. That's why Durant did what he did even though many won't respect it if he does win (including me). It would be lovely seeing them next the brakes off Cleveland though [emoji]128076[/emoji]

For the record, Blake and melo=washed. Age and injury did them in.

Last edited:
yeah that whole graphic is kinda ridiculous
not a fan of the clips, but even the year they blew 3-1 to the rockets, they beat the spurs in a tough series
they had no bench and eventually ran out of gas
still inexcusable losing to josh smith

right.

the houston thing is inexcusable. but you dont "blow" a 1-0 lead and you dont "blow" a 2-1 lead when the team thats down has game 4 at home.

and thats not even mentioning injuries which happened in every one of those series' except the houston series

They were only up 1-0 but they won on the road

doesnt matter. they had a lead in the series, it was 2-2 at the end of 4 games and the thunder was a higher seed.

there isnt a team in the history of the NBA that has "blown" a 1-0 lead...strictly because at the end of 1 game in a series, there's nothing to "blow".

even a team up 2-1 that loses a series hasnt "blown" the series.

thats like saying team A "blew" that 2 point lead against team B

:smh:

Last edited:
I agree, a team has to be up at least 2 games to consider it blown. There has to be some expectation of winning set before its blown.

I still feel that the league should downsize and spread the talent. Cut out like 6 teams, move new Orleans and Memphis to the east.

I agree, a team has to be up at least 2 games to consider it blown. There has to be some expectation of winning set before its blown.

I still feel that the league should downsize and spread the talent. Cut out like 6 teams, move new Orleans and Memphis to the east.

NO and MEM should definitely be moved east...but for load balancing 2 teams have to come west and thats the issue. maybe after they expand back to seattle...which is inevitable they can make a move

las vegas will have a hockey team and NFL football...basketball wont be too far behind.

Last edited:
The league has too much talent and the money is flowing. It might be time to expand & add a team or 2.

There is absolutely no need for contraction. The NBA is the most popular it's ever been.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom