2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

stay strong brother,

i just got a new client today and she a nervous wreck man. I'm hoping I can make sure the school's 504 plan presents actual useful resources for her

and not respected enough. People think you can just turn that switch off and it will go away.

Really curious what Royce White is up to.

It's horrible because they always switching me off meds. I've been on over a dozen different meds. Feel like I'm a test animal. Xanax gets you calm but doesn't last. Prozac didn't do nothing but mess up my head. The Venlaflaxine I'm on is the worst. I'll take it and literally be stuck in bed in a fetus position cause it makes my stomach cramp hella bad. I get the chills and diarrhea. I'm literally in bed all day.

That's all bad but the thing that's worse is you lose a lot of people and you feel like you're a burden to everyone. I can't drive with my condition so I gotta ask for rides or for people to go to the store for me. People just didn't wanna ride for me so I literally have to get on the train and do it all for myself. My own girlfriend don't really even want me anymore cause I'm damaged goods. My child hood friends are Nate, B. Roy, Terrance Williams and none of em mess with me no more. Sad stuff.

You ever hear someone say they have a panic disorder or depression, best thing you can do is be there for them. PERIOD!

you aint gotta get along to win titles. kobe and shaq hated each other. jordan hated his whole team lol

It's horrible because they always switching me off meds. I've been on over a dozen different meds. Feel like I'm a test animal. Xanax gets you calm but doesn't last. Prozac didn't do nothing but mess up my head. The Venlaflaxine I'm on is the worst. I'll take it and literally be stuck in bed in a fetus position cause it makes my stomach cramp hella bad. I get the chills and diarrhea. I'm literally in bed all day.

That's all bad but the thing that's worse is you lose a lot of people and you feel like you're a burden to everyone. I can't drive with my condition so I gotta ask for rides or for people to go to the store for me. People just didn't wanna ride for me so I literally have to get on the train and do it all for myself. My own girlfriend don't really even want me anymore cause I'm damaged goods. My child hood friends are Nate, B. Roy, Terrance Williams and none of em mess with me no more. Sad stuff.

You ever hear someone say they have a panic disorder or depression, best thing you can do is be there for them. PERIOD!
messed up man. i feel for you .

i know whats its like to suffer from depression man. people always tell you , well just be happy and dont think about it. yeah it dont work like that. i just learned to keep all that ish to myself and try to deal with it on my own. 

Last edited:
That's all bad but the thing that's worse is you lose a lot of people and you feel like you're a burden to everyone.

Damn, i feel like this a lot. Diagnosed with some anxiety but i refused to take the medicine they give and try to take life a lot slower. Work stress has me bugged out a lot. My kids and wife gotta deal with my nonsense a lot.

messed up man. i feel for you .
i know whats its like to suffer from depression man. people always tell you , well just be happy and dont think about it. yeah it dont work like that. 

Facts. That's why I always tell people they gotta understand Royce White is struggling inside cause I know how it is.

Damn, i feel like this a lot. Diagnosed with some anxiety but i refused to take the medicine they give and try to take life a lot slower. Work stress has me bugged out a lot. My kids and wife gotta deal with my nonsense a lot.

If you can avoid it NEVER TAKE MEDS! There's no turning back. I kept leaving work on a stretcher. Blood pressure would shoot up to 180/100. Sirens in the ambulance going crazy. Charged up that machine and I thought I was gonna die. Prayed to God to forgive me for my sins and to take care of my kids and babies mom. Every time it feels like the last time. Never get used to it.

I chose the therapist route vs the med prescriber route for that specific reason.

while yes meds can have a calming effect. it takes a lot more than numbing the pain to fight and defeat it.

i've been working with adolescents, families, and couples for a bit over a decade and i've recently interviewed for a school based position. i want to be able to educate professionals while supporting students

i look at like this

youre an nba player and you played your whole 10 year career in one city

youve never won the big one in all those 10 years

now youre a free agent, you can go anywhere

the best team in the league wants you

or you can go back to what you been doing

its that simple
Its like you been dating Megan Good for all these years. Sure shes amazing, but you already know that. Then out of nowhere, Halle Berry wants you. I;m going to Halle
FACTS

:lol: It's like you read part of my post.

You know what to do if you want to discuss something else. Complaining about a topic just adds complaining to the thread not new discussion.

Because this isn't only about KD thread? I like a lot of other topics being discussed here.[/quote]

Last edited:
I chose the therapist route vs the med prescriber route for that specific reason.

while yes meds can have a calming effect. it takes a lot more than numbing the pain to fight and defeat it.

i've been working with adolescents, families, and couples for a bit over a decade and i've recently interviewed for a school based position. i want to be able to educate professionals while supporting students

From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate what you do. Your work is definitely needed

Reactions: JPS
Just from reading the last couple of pages:

I don't see how LeBron and CP3 work when LeBron is already the PG. It's redundant and not what LeBron needs.
For those that like the idea, how do you see that really working?

From the bottom of my heart, I appreciate what you do. Your work is definitely needed
thank you. my job is easy because it's the client and the family who truly do the work!

and if u ever need a quick chat feel free to hit my PM

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom