2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

And Lebron/Heat wore the hoody's for Trayvon and him and others wore the I can't breathe shirts.

MJ would never do any of that while he played. Love him as a player but he didn't stand for anything.

I applaud Jordan for finally saying something, even if his probably white female intern wrote it, but Jordan has had a lot of money and power for a loooooooooooong time and could have been addressed civil rights issues.

On another note, Sasha Kaun retiring :smh: :smh: :frown: what a legend

:rofl:

Yeah that is kind of messed up on kd
. Like breaking up through text. Should of at least told Russ he wanted out and was bouncing

cause they were teammates. I know it's a business but they seemed to have a close relationship. They did all the interviews together . They seemed to always have each other's back when people spoke negatively about the other. I would think it would just be the right thing to do .

I would like to point out that the law that was passed could have easily affected more than just people in the LGBT community because of what else they put in the law...

Quote:
The act also prohibits municipalities in North Carolina from enacting anti-discrimination policies,[14] setting a local minimum wage, regulating child labor, or making certain regulations for city workers. The legislation also removes the statutory and common-law private right of action to enforce state anti-discrimination statutes in state courts.[15] 
This part of the law could easily be used to discriminate against black people and other minority groups. I applaud Silver and the NBA for doing what he did.

I can bet my last dollar that Silver didn't even take that part into consideration.

Last edited:
Is it time for us to face the reality that okc is nothing but a high level farm team? Players drafted by the thunder are currently spearheading no less than 4 teams (Harden, Durant, Jackson, Bledsoe), possibly 5 depending on how well ibaka does in Orlando and eventually 6 when Russ leaves. It's like their only purpose is to spread talent around the league. Never seen anything quite like it.

I highly doubt it cause i'm pretty sure the commissioner of the NBA and the people around him would do there due diligence and have read and researched the entire law...But even if he/they didn't they still made the right decision.
If that were the case, then why didn't they use that as one of the major points as to why they were threatening on moving the all star game ?

Is it time for us to face the reality that okc is nothing but a high level farm team? Players drafted by the thunder are currently spearheading no less than 4 teams (Harden, Durant, Jackson, Bledsoe), possibly 5 depending on how well ibaka does in Orlando and eventually 6 when Russ leaves. It's like their only purpose is to spread talent around the league. Never seen anything quite like it.
Basically serving the purpose of the D-League better than the D-League. Develop in OKC, flourish in _____.

I highly doubt it cause i'm pretty sure the commissioner of the NBA and the people around him would do there due diligence and have read and researched the entire law...But even if he/they didn't they still made the right decision.
If that were the case, then why didn't they use that as one of the major points as to why they were threatening on moving the all star game ?
They went with the major points that they knew the public knew about and when they did speak on the effects of the part I mentioned they didn't really expound on how far reaching the effects would be that is true. I'm just saying that i'm sure the people who decided to take a stance against this law and take the all star game out of NC have read the entire contents of the law I don't think thats a stretch to assume.

Last edited:
They already share the same locker rooms here in Germany. The country hasn't burned down yet and people aren't ******* horses or whatever else you think might happen but I'll let you know if any of that changes.

:rofl: okay that was actually funny

Back
Top Bottom