2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

:lol: at Tanking on purpose.

Not in OKC bruv, Russ and Co. Will see yall clowns in the Playoffs Rd 2

you believe Russ staying?

I'm saying he's out before all-star break and I almost want to say he won't play another game with the OKC jersey.

Last edited:
love to okc

wade to cle

russ to mia

nerd.gif

A couple of things I have been thinking about:  1) I know with Golden State's system there isn't really a number 1 option, number 2 option (although realistically it goes Steph, Klay, Draymond)...what happens now?? You ask Steph to take a backseat or KD??? Klay now becomes a 3rd option like a Chris Bosh or a Kevin Love?? There's going to come a time during a game where you will have to rely on your guy and just let them put the team on their back.  Who does it?? They take turns or go with who is hot??? I leave out Draymond because he doesn't need to shoot to be effective.  Dray can make an impact on the game in other areas....and 2.) It will be interesting to see how Golden State and Steph handle the change from being the NBA's darlings to probably one of the most hated teams.  Lebron kind of embraced the role and had some success with it.  Steph and KD are killers for sure, but it's going to be interesting to see how they handle the hate.  Steph didn't do anything wrong here...he's just guilty by association lol

Seth Curry needs to fire his agent RIGHT NOW. The **** is that.

:x :x i was surely thinking he'd get a Tyler Johnson contract.

On the flipside, Roy Hibbert got exactly what he should get as an ineffective irrelevant big. 7'2", almost 300 pounds, durable, yet a total non-factor

:lol: @ do the right thing.

Right thing for whom?

The right thing overall Fam, hell I don't know, I get where he's coming from, dude took less money habitually to help other people get rich, I get it, but if Dan Gilbertt does what he says, Love isn't getting traded, though he should, so the best they can offer Wade is 3. something mil, so alienate Miami for even less money than he's ever made, just doesn't seem right. I know Riles drove this by low balling dude, but something about this doesn't sit right with me.
The right thing overall is the right thing for him, his career, and his family. The money will come or it won't.

**** all other whiners and complainers. To me the optics to everybody in the know don't matter.

FTR, I'm not in to Wade going to play on the Cavs to help ******* lame *** LeBron but hey if that's what he wants he can do that. This so t the same league anymore. Son gave MIA a bunch of championships and thats a fairweather town that struggles to actually fill their arena. He don't owe anybody anything.

Right thing for him might not be the right thing to you.

Lebron left to play with certain people and so did KD. The circumstances surrounding which team was worse or better when they left doesn't matter. They did the same thing. Peoople still wanna give Lebron a pass for that.
I find it disingenuous that what KD did is somehow worse than what LeBron did.

KD almost beat da GSW, up 3-1...and da GSW are a 73-9 team before he got there...
So he joined the best team that beat his team as opposed to LeBron teaming up with 2 top 10-15 players at the time.

This is literally a if you can't beat them, join them situation :lol:

Last edited:
steph is definitely a role player and taking a step back to kd

curry klay iggy dray kd :x

That five will never work, there's only one ball. Any great team needs role players who don't depend on touches to make big-time contributions.

A couple of things I have been thinking about:  1) I know with Golden State's system there isn't really a number 1 option, number 2 option (although realistically it goes Steph, Klay, Draymond)...what happens now?? You ask Steph to take a backseat or KD??? Klay now becomes a 3rd option like a Chris Bosh or a Kevin Love?? There's going to come a time during a game where you will have to rely on your guy and just let them put the team on their back.  Who does it?? They take turns or go with who is hot??? I leave out Draymond because he doesn't need to shoot to be effective.  Dray can make an impact on the game in other areas....and 2.) It will be interesting to see how Golden State and Steph handle the change from being the NBA's darlings to probably one of the most hated teams.  Lebron kind of embraced the role and had some success with it.  Steph and KD are killers for sure, but it's going to be interesting to see how they handle the hate.  Steph didn't do anything wrong here...he's just guilty by association lol
Who cares.

That five will never work, there's only one ball. Any great team needs role players who don't depend on touches to make big-time contributions.
You're going to feel embarrassed you ever thought this a year from now

They will have plenty of time for role players to be in the rotation anyway. A good portion of their team will be minimum salary players

Their closing lineup won't be the starting lineup 

Wonder if james jones is writing up a statement saying he wants to get out of his comfort zone too and decided to move west and play for the GS

Last edited:
Starbosa gone too?

Honestly would be surprised if David Lee and Barbosa AREN'T on the Warriors next year.

The only guys they got rid of that I think won't return?

Ezili. Ian Clark. And Mo Speights.

I think they could also bring back Brandon Rush.

brandon bass? 

dejuan blair?

steve blake?

kobe?

rasual butler?

mario chalmers?

wilson chandler?

udonis haslem?

jj hickson?

jarett jack?

chris kaman?

gary neal?